Hero who fought with SSC and you’ll never guess his background

Shows that we all fight each others battle and are one. If the government continued to build the SNA and kick out foreigners this would cement that. We naturally feel the need to pick up each others slack, regardless of background because the person is Somali at the end of the day. If you feel the same way, this post is for you

But don’t die for the current government. they’ll ask your higher ups to send you to a trap placed by AS, and when the higher up refuses saying “It’s clearly a trap I’m not sending young soldiers to die”, the general will be stripped of his title and replaced. (Eritrean troops in galmudug)

But kudos to this government for sending new troops to be trained there.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Shows that we all fight each others battle and are one. If the government continued to build the SNA and kick out foreigners this would cement that. We naturally feel the need to pick up each others slack, regardless of background because the person is Somali at the end of the day. If you feel the same way, this post is for you

But don’t die for the current government. they’ll ask your higher ups to send you to a trap placed by AS, and when the higher up refuses saying “It’s clearly a trap I’m not sending young soldiers to die”, the general will be stripped of his title and replaced. (Eritrean troops in galmudug)

Saluting the Xawaadle legend

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Manshallah

His mother is Dhulbahante.

Again, yet another example for the people who pretend maternal lineages don't matter.
You are what your father is, that’s the dhaqan. I don’t make the rules, that’s just how it is. This won’t be rewritten as long as the country runs on sharia.

By the title though the person will be ajnabi 😂
There’s Markus who didn’t actually fight, but is their biggest stone in the information department

You are what your father is, that’s the dhaqan. I don’t make the rules, that’s just how it is. This won’t be rewritten as long as the country runs on sharia.

Did I say otherwise? Or did I say maternal ties matter? Because why else would a Xawaadle man, with a Dhulbahante mother, come to fight? Because his clan has beef with SNM? Because of 'Somalinimo' principles? Let's be real.

Did I say otherwise? Or did I say maternal ties matter? Because why else would a Xawaadle man, with a Dhulbahante mother, come to fight? Because his clan has beef with SNM? Because of 'Somalinimo' principles? Let's be real.
Your correct maternal ties do matter. I’m not sure the amount but there’s a large amount of somalis raised by single mothers aswell. So they often identify with them. But there was non harti fighting alongside them. Even if this guys wasn’t the case. To my knowledge puntland doesn’t have open borders, so if southerners wanted to fight with them they’d certainly be stopped unless they’re harti.

Your correct maternal ties do matter. I’m not sure the amount but there’s a large amount of somalis raised by single mothers aswell. So they often identify with them. But there was non harti fighting alongside them. Even if this guys wasn’t the case. To my knowledge puntland doesn’t have open borders, so if southerners wanted to fight with them they’d certainly be stopped unless they’re harti.

Not true, from what I recall, and SSC Hartis can stop me, the only non-Harti/Koombe and Daarood, that fought are people from that deegaan such as Madhiban, Fiqishini AND a few men with Dhulbahante mothers. No such thing as a random Somali joining the front-line, unless his mama was Dhulbahante.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Not true, from what I recall, and SSC Hartis can stop me, the only non-Harti/Koombe and Daarood, that fought are people from that deegaan such as Madhiban, Fiqishini AND a few men with Dhulbahante mothers. No such thing as a random Somali joining the front-line, unless his mama was Dhulbahante.
Don't waste your breath, sis. Maternal linkages matter, especially when clans are not rivals. A caadi person has high regard for their mother. And would never utter anything off-colour about her or her clan. Only deranged ones do that. There are, however, people who would kill their maternal relatives in cold blood in the event they are on opposing sides of a conflict. I have seen exceptions, but the rule still stands. I would never advise a girl to marry from a hostile family or group as that would be challenging.

I was mainly talking about fiqishini

Not sure then guess they didn’t see it as any of their business. Some sickos. I saw diaspora flying in and SNA leaving the army to help. Reer puntland are the only ones that came to actually support, besides darood.

That’s true. there was a Murusade with Dhulbahante mother fighting for his reer abti since the start of the war. Mothers have big effect on Somali clan dynamics. Reer abti are precious in our dhaqan!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
His mother is Dhulbahante.

Again, yet another example for the people who pretend maternal lineages don't matter.

Don't listen to mudug or urban tribal code but in true deep desert code tribalism nugaal, Bari which includes Sanaag, mothers are probably more Important. Our clan nickname majerten references a shared Issa mother between MJ, Warsangeli, Dashishe yet we r Mohamed, Maxamud, Ahmed Harti in abtirsi. Inside Osman Mahmoud it's all bah this and bah that.

It's known in warfare in laysu habar wacdo or those with a shared mother clan. Somali clan system is quite complex as it can be abtirsi which references males name, while mother names are kept as clan nicknames and people inside a jifi or qoys level will referenced a bah lineage using a common mother. It can also be at a reer level which is the equivalent of bani Israel or Bani arabian code as this incorporates all males and females.

For example me I'm known as a reer at qoys level, and also at a duriyad level which incorporates my 3 awoowe generation family, yet I'm a jifi at Hassan Yusuf yet a bah dubays with Sicid Yusuf then I'm a reer at Yusuf mahamad yet I'm also a Mohamed sultan and link up with @Libaax-Joore yet his a langaab muse sultan because Mohamed sultan are like 90% of Osman Mahmoud.

Just know abtirsi is male names even on the female side as she does abtirsi. But clan unity is done thru habars and inside sub sub clans unity is done thru bahs. Drop the mudug code to tribe which has infected all the south post 91 as real tribalist in nugaal, bari including Sanaag which is where both darod and doonbiro are buried as equals, laugh at their dhaqan.

Last edited:
Don't listen to mudug or urban tribal code but in true deep desert code tribalism nugaal, Bari which includes Sanaag, mothers are probably more Important. Our clan nickname majerten references a shared Issa mother between MJ, Warsangeli, Dashishe yet we r Mohamed, Maxamud, Ahmed Harti in abtirsi. Inside Osman Mahmoud it's all bah this and bah that.

It's known in warfare in laysu habar wacdo or those with a shared mother clan. Somali clan system is quite complex as it can be abtirsi which references males name, while mother names are kept as clan nicknames and people inside a jifi or qoys level will referenced a bah lineage using a common mother. It can also be at a reer level which is the equivalent of bani Israel or Bani arabian code as this incorporates all males and females.

For example me I'm known as a reer at qoys level, and also at a duriyad level which incorporates my 3 awoowe generation family, yet I'm a jifi at Hassan Yusuf yet a bah dubays with Sicid Yusuf then I'm a reer at Yusuf mahamad yet I'm also a Mohamed sultan and link up with @Libaax-Joore yet his a langaab muse sultan because Mohamed sultan are like 90% of Osman Mahmoud.

Just know abtirsi is male names even on the female side as she does abtirsi. But clan unity is done thru habars and inside sub sub clans unity is done thru bahs. Drop the mudug code to tribe which has infected all the south post 91 as real tribalist in nugaal, bari including Sanaag which is where both darod and doonbiro are buried as equals, laugh at their dhaqan.

I never realised what "habar wacasho" meant. Very interesting.

I never heard that maternal family is unimportant from Reer Mudug or my own family at all. It is the weird sexists on this forum who pretend mothers and women don't matter.

In my own family, I know of a case where an ancestor refused to go to war against his abtiyaal.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP

Muse sultan isn’t easy
IMG_6661.jpeg

Trending