Help

Do you know what’s causing your depression? Is it stress in academics? Family? Or a general feeling of emptiness?

Do you think the drowsiness of the weather could be pushing underlying unhappiness (seasonal depression)?

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
@VixR and @Cici when I said I'm ok in the mornings I meant this past month. Yes it's still extremely hard for me to get up and do something but I kind of got used to the feeling so I can force myself.

depression also causes your memory to become significantly worse. So when I go to school and try to study it feels like I cant understand even the most basic sentences. That's something that makes me feel like my effort is going to waste and i shouldnt even bother.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
@VixR and @Cici when I said I'm ok in the mornings I meant this past month. Yes it's still extremely hard for me to get up and do something but I kind of got used to the feeling so I can force myself.

depression also causes your memory to become significantly worse. So when I go to school and try to study it feels like I cant understand even the most basic sentences. That's something that makes me feel like my effort is going to waste and i shouldnt even bother.

Might want check it you got ADD but seriously, talk with a professional

Keep taking your medication, it was prescribed to you by the doctor for a reason so you should trust his judgement

Try to return to your prayers, it is the first "pillar" of Islam after the Shahada because of its significance, it is your connection to your Creator

Our sole purpose in this world is to worship Allah SWT. It will be very difficult at first, but just as your body requires sustenance, so does your soul. As long as you are not fulfilling your purpose in life & doing what you were created to do, you will always feel some discontentment

Remember that Allah SWT told us in the Qur'an, "Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You have multiple issues you need to address, they are spiritual, diet and physical, that's the order of importance.

Spiritual.

Start praying immediately and listening to Quran with translation, nothing soothes the heart and mind better then this, if you can't do all 5 do as much as you can.

Stay away from all major sins, back-biting, slandering, gossip, being bad to parents, causing oppression/mischief/difficulties to others, because you will feel the effects of this in the form difficulties/hardships in life which includes depression.

The Prophet peace and blessings be upon him said in a hadith that Allah shows mercy to his Ummah by punishing them for there sins in this world despite the fact he forgives most of it, but you will taste some of what you did in this life.

The best way to ensure you have an easy difficult free life is to adhere to these principles, and remember the worst of sins are the harms you inflict upon others, because only THEY can forgive you for those sin's.

When a companion overslept for Fajr, he would contemplate back to the last 48 hours of his life to see what sin he committed that has deprived him from waking up, you have to have this level of deep introspection.

Ash-Shūrā 42:30
Whatever affliction befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned, and yet He overlooks many (of the wrongs you do).

I cannot stress the importance of this, even when I write honest scathing criticisms of our Xaalimo's and what they have done to our communities.

It has an immediate effect on my mood, energy levels, productivity and sleep, so much so I no longer bother responding because it's inevitable someone gets there feelings hurt and that sin is upon you and gets cleansed from you in this world by some form of hardship/difficulty or irritation in life which I rather not have.

I wrote something to @Tameable Qumayo indirect with no malice and it costs me 48 hours of my life and I knew immediately what it was before she confirmed few days later she took it as an insult and it made her loose sleep, now this is unintentional on my side, but I suffered the consequences, now imagine if it was intentional how much worse it would have been?

Every female that I have met suffering from depression (they tend to mostly be females) when examined commit those types of sin's habitually sometimes not even realising it, backbiting, gossip and slandering is there bread and butter.

Diet

Buy Raw Cocoa powder and together with Raw Honey mix it with milk or alternative to milk, this will instantly boost your state of mind

You can use dark chocolate too, I have this almost everyday with coffee, cocoa has all the nutrients your body needs and is second to none when it comes to improving mood and brain function.

You can get creative and mix it with various seeds for extra punch (pumpkin/sunflower/hemp best)

The symptoms your describing are so common with most people, it's simply nutritional deficiencies.

Benefits of cocoa on mood/brain.
https://bebrainfit.com/benefits-dark-chocolate/

You also need to buy good quality tea, especially organic Sencha/matcha, which have much higher levels then regular tea in L-Theanine.

L-Theanine is only found in tea leaves NOTHING else, there is a reason why you find our Fathers in tea shops, they don't realise this, but the L-Theanine in tea gives them great stress relief from the hardships at home.

upload_2020-1-22_9-51-42.png

Physical

Exercise everyday, you don't need gym, go for a run or 30 minute power walks outside, it's great at stress relief, and it will strengthen your body, mind, spirit and confidence.

Can I get some religious/spiritual motivation?

I'm so tired of life. :mjcry:I want to die. I feel like one more push and I'll really commit suicide.

I believe in god but I havent prayed in months. :meleshame:I dont understand why I've been suffering for the past year and half. In the morning everything is alright but by the time I come back home from school, I feel like dying.

:mjcry:even little verses will do.

Life is challenging for a young geeljire living at home. Our parents can be strict.

Once you move out inshallah, you'll realise how much of a blessing life is when you create your own path.

Be patient, life gets better as you get older.

Your blessed with health while other aren't, just remeber your problems are nothing compared too those struggling to just find water..

I'll pray for you, Waalal. Dm me if you wanna chat

Noo it's my studies. :damedamn:
I don't wanna discourage you from your studies.. But please don't kill yourself over studies.. Maybe you chose the wrong field if you're not enjoying your studies.. I myself had to drop out of few studies before I found a fitting field to study.. No shame in dropping out if you dont feel it.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP

I'm so tired of life. :mjcry:I want to die. I feel like one more push and I'll really commit suicide.

I believe in god but I havent prayed in months. :meleshame:I dont understand why I've been suffering for the past year and half. In the morning everything is alright but by the time I come back home from school, I feel like dying.

Start praying sis and make Duaa every time u sujood.
As for the Duaa, make Duaa for yourself and your family, ask Allah to increase your Iman and health for you and your family.

Littleme

Queen of NSFW
I'm trying so hard everyday. I'm only 18. Even my brain hasnt developed entirely. What am I expected to do? It hurts so much, the pain is emotional and physical. I cant bear it any longer.
Please don’t see suicide as the only option that’s left for you. I promise you things will get better for you inshallah, see this as a test from Allah and an expiation for your sins. You say you haven’t prayed in a long time but the good thing is that you have at least acknowledged that you’re not praying your Salahs, there are so many Muslims out there who don’t pray intentionally and aren’t aware of the consequences. Start praying little by little and during the middle of the night when everyone is asleep, pray and make dua to your creator to alleviate whatever you are going through.

Depression and anxiety happens to the best of us including myself but you will get there I promise. But please don’t ever kill your self because there are people who love you including your family and friends.

Take care of yourself ❤️

Mimir

Caafimaad baby

Did you do what I told you to do every morning after waking up?

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
And let me add a bit more to this by saying while there are some biological components in the brain that help with dopamine which you can try it's still mostly a state of mind.

I've studied this topic a lot in philosophy, it's not always the material possessions one has or the less work they do as there are always poorer people in the world who work twice as hard as you that still have a lot more joy and fulfillment, the difference between you and those people is that they've learned to love their life and focused on what makes them happy like their hobbies/families etc, basically being appreciative of what they got going for them.

I'm not gonna pretend I know the secret to happiness but being appreciative is something you don't see in the western world because of the endless products and advertising the capitalist media pushes down your throat, constantly reminding you to focus more on what you don't have and it doesn't matter if you somehow acquire the latest iPhone the next one is coming out soon and all your friends are going to have it making you feel worthless and now you have to work more in order to fit in with this ever growing lifestyle of glamor because if you don't you're useless and haven't 'made it' in life.

You start caring more about the perception of others instead of focusing on how you perceive yourself so it becomes a never ending struggle with the unattainable. No wonder there's so many depressed cadaans.
@Céleste you see what I was trying to tell you

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
And let me add a bit more to this by saying while there are some biological components in the brain that help with dopamine which you can try it's still mostly a state of mind.

I've studied this topic a lot in philosophy, it's not always the material possessions one has or the less work they do as there are always poorer people in the world who work twice as hard as you that still have a lot more joy and fulfillment, the difference between you and those people is that they've learned to love their life and focused on what makes them happy like their hobbies/families etc, basically being appreciative of what they got going for them.

I'm not gonna pretend I know the secret to happiness but being appreciative is something you don't see in the western world because of the endless products and advertising the capitalist media pushes down your throat, constantly reminding you to focus more on what you don't have and it doesn't matter if you somehow acquire the latest iPhone the next one is coming out soon and all your friends are going to have it making you feel worthless and now you have to work more in order to fit in with this ever growing lifestyle of glamor because if you don't you're useless and haven't 'made it' in life.

You start caring more about the perception of others instead of focusing on how you perceive yourself so it becomes a never ending struggle with the unattainable. No wonder there's so many depressed cadaans.
@Céleste

Every night before you go to sleep. Have a piece of paper and a pen beside your bed. So that when you wake up it's easier to get to it.

The paper should always consist of these three things everyday.

1.I will let go of...........................

2.What am I grateful for today..................................

3. I will focus on..............today

It could be:
1.I will let go of the anger I have towards to this person.

2.I am grateful for having the ability to walk,see,hear etc(think both big and small)

3.I will focus on learning programing,reading this many pages in a book,studying,talking to family,talking to and meeting new people.

The list is honestly endless and this habit is life changing trust me.:):it0tdo8:

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
@Mimir I wont lie to you, I havent done it everyday. Its already hard enough to get up from bed. I promise Ill do it from now on. The least I could do is think about it, instead of writing:salute:

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
@Mimir I wont lie to you, I havent done it everyday. Its already hard enough to get up from bed. I promise Ill do it from now on. The least I could do is think about it, instead of writing:salute:
Walahi that's a 100× better than doing nothing.

Start at your own pace. I don't want it to be a burden for you.

The only thing that matters is that you do it everyday! Thinking about it then slowly starting to write it down on a a book or piece of paper.

Remember gratitude is the most important part of that exercise.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
I used to have the same feeling when I had doubts in Islam and it was horrible walahi. The thing that saved me was learning more about Islam and gratitude.

There is a reason why Mumins rarely get depressed. It's because they practice gratitude every chance they get.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
There is so much to live for and ending your life hurts the people most closest to you. Imagine seeing your mother crying knowing that her daughter committed suicide. Use that for the time being until you get better as a motivation to continue living. Never feel or think that you're unwanted because there are plenty of people that love you including Allah. Don't ever be blind to the affection and love the closest ones to you have for you.

What I realised when I was in my period of depression is that I was missing out big time! Why should I let people live in my mind rent free?! Why should I live my life based on what people thought of me? Why should I act the way people think I should act? I realized that I was a total slave and was not living life for myself but for others. Humans are the worst to please because you can never please them. Focus all of your efforts and actions on Allah's way and instead of asking yourself what people would think ask yourself what Allah(SAW) would think.

Once you focus all your thoughts and actions on pleasing Allah then trust me life will become more beautiful and I can personally attest to that.

When I was depressed all I could think about was the negatives in my life not acknowledging all that Allah has done for me. Everytime I would decide to think positively, my mind would constantly become foggy but the cure for that is patience and consistency. Practice the exercise above like I did then I promise you the dull feeling you have right now(I know because I went through the same thing)is going to be replaced with the ultimate feeling of bliss and satisfaction.

I don't really like talking about that period of my life but I'm doing it for you because you're important to me(even though we've never met before)

Alhamdullilah is extremely powerful @Céleste

Trending

Latest posts