Help

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Can I get some religious/spiritual motivation?

I'm so tired of life. :mjcry:I want to die. I feel like one more push and I'll really commit suicide.

I believe in god but I havent prayed in months. :meleshame:I dont understand why I've been suffering for the past year and half. In the morning everything is alright but by the time I come back home from school, I feel like dying.

:mjcry:even little verses will do.

Listen to this before you go to sleep at night. Surah Mulk.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
And let me add a bit more to this by saying while there are some biological components in the brain that help with dopamine which you can try it's still mostly a state of mind.

I've studied this topic a lot in philosophy, it's not always the material possessions one has or the less work they do as there are always poorer people in the world who work twice as hard as you that still have a lot more joy and fulfillment, the difference between you and those people is that they've learned to love their life and focused on what makes them happy like their hobbies/families etc, basically being appreciative of what they got going for them.

I'm not gonna pretend I know the secret to happiness but being appreciative is something you don't see in the western world because of the endless products and advertising the capitalist media pushes down your throat, constantly reminding you to focus more on what you don't have and it doesn't matter if you somehow acquire the latest iPhone the next one is coming out soon and all your friends are going to have it making you feel worthless and now you have to work more in order to fit in with this ever growing lifestyle of glamor because if you don't you're useless and haven't 'made it' in life.

You start caring more about the perception of others instead of focusing on how you perceive yourself so it becomes a never ending struggle with the unattainable. No wonder there's so many depressed cadaans.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Try your very best in praying often. If you're bored or feel tired of life. What I think is pretty helpful is taking a warm shower( Studies have shown that taking a hot/warm shower can amp up your oxytocin levels and ease anxiety), reading the Qur'an or praying two raka'ats . Maybe after that sleep for a couple of hours so as to free your mind from having messed up thoughts about giving up on life. Instead of procrastinating, it's better you take a nap if you have nothing to do afterwards.

Never at all think that you're worthless. Do you have friends? If you do, try socializing with them and lessen the social media use.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
And let me add a bit more to this by saying while there are some biological components in the brain that help with dopamine which you can try it's still mostly a state of mind.

I've studied this topic a lot in philosophy, it's not always the material possessions one has or the less work they do as there are always poorer people in the world who work twice as hard as you that still have a lot more joy and fulfillment, the difference between you and those people is that they've learned to love their life and focused on what makes them happy like their hobbies/families etc, basically being appreciative of what they got going for them.

I'm not gonna pretend I know the secret to happiness but being appreciative is something you don't see in the western world because of the endless products and advertising the capitalist media pushes down your throat, constantly reminding you to focus more on what you don't have and it doesn't matter if you somehow acquire the latest iPhone the next one is coming out soon and all your friends are going to have it making you feel worthless and now you have to work more in order to fit in with this ever growing lifestyle of glamor because if you don't you're useless and haven't 'made it' in life.

You start caring more about the perception of others instead of focusing on how you perceive yourself so it becomes a never ending struggle with the unattainable. No wonder there's so many depressed cadaans.

This. @Céleste

It is in the human nature to compare oneself to others that have it "better" than yourself. One does often forget that those peoples also have struggles and a baggage of their own that they carry, often invisible.

Instead, admire their good sides and strive to accomplish good similar to the good they do and show. Also be grateful to the Lord Almighty (Allah dzelesanuhu knows what is best for you and doesn't test you with more than you can handle). that you have it a lot better than many people on this earth.

In the end, one must remember that dunya is fleeing. You can’t escape what is written for you and everyone has his/hers nafakah in this life. You can't miss out on something that wasn't meant for you anyways. Sabr and dhikr in your heart, that is the cure.

Last edited:
Don't give up sis, just remember that Allah swt tests those whom he loves and after every hardship(s) come ease.
5f279b67b13710bb87769fcf9d8df78a.jpg

I would also advice you to start praying again sister (you can even start slow if you want), and try your best to remain steadfast in your prayer. Here are some benefits of prayer:
  • It casts away illnesses.
  • It strengthens the heart.
  • It illuminates the heart.
  • It keeps away the Shaytaan (the Devil).
  • It is nourishment for the soul.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
This. @Céleste

It is in the human nature to compare oneself to others that have it "better" than yourself. One does often forget that those peoples also have struggles and a baggage of their own that they carry, often invisible.

Instead, admire their good sides and strive to accomplish good similar to the good they do and show. Also be grateful to the Lord Almighty (Allah dzelesanuhu knows what is best for you and doesn't test you with more than you can handle). that you have it a lot better than many people on this earth.

In the end, one must remember that dunya is fleeing.
So true walaal, only person I compare myself to is yesterday's me

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
The fact that you’re yearning for some comfort from the deen is already a blessing in itself. Sometimes Allaah puts you in a position that makes you want to turn to Him for you to be reminded that you actually need Him indeed. Since there is a place in our heart that only can be filled with the remembrance of Allaah.... May Allaah fill your life with happiness and comfort sis.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I'll admit we can be quite a vicious bunch here on SSPOT but when it comes down to it we are out here for each other. Cheers everyone for helping our sis @Céleste out
tumblr_o4n968Mzc21s2wio8o1_1280.gif

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I'll admit we can be quite a vicious bunch here on SSPOT but when it comes down to it we are out here for each other. Cheers everyone for helping our sis @Céleste out
tumblr_o4n968Mzc21s2wio8o1_1280.gif

That is true sxb. Gender wars/bashing aside, we do pitch in when someone needs it.

It fills my heart with warmth and joy.

I'm so tired of life. :mjcry:I want to die. I feel like one more push and I'll really commit suicide.

I believe in god but I havent prayed in months. :meleshame:I dont understand why I've been suffering for the past year and half. In the morning everything is alright but by the time I come back home from school, I feel like dying.

Walaal, whatever it is that is making you feel this way, just know you are loved by Allah, by your family and by those near to you.

Before anything else, my first advise would be to seek out help. Don't think you have to shoulder this on your own, talk to family or friends.
If you feel you are in an acute situation, go to the ER but don't let yourself dwell on those negative emotions and let them boil over in impulsive actions. Try to calm yourself, this is only a moment and it will also pass.

Every life is precious in the sight of the creator and this life we live is an Amaana from Allah, that we should cherish, be grateful for and make the best of.

You are tested in this very moment and every other moment as long as you live, embrace it walaal and you can weather whatever storm comes your way.
Whatever Allah tests you with, he deems you to be his beloved servant that he knows is strong enough to carry on, no matter what the circumstances are.
Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people."
2:286

https://quran.com/2/286
Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said,"When is the help of Allah ?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near.
2:214

https://quran.com/2/214
[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving
67:2

https://quran.com/67/2

What you are tested with is ultimately temporary. Either it will loose the intensity or cede all together in this life or you will be cleansed of your sins as a reward for your endurance in the next.
By the qadar of Allah you may see unexpected changes for the better, In sha Allah.

You have Iman in Allah, of that I am sure. As you said yourself, you need to work on your Salah, an important pillar of your Islam. We can all relate, walaal, but don't see this as a reason to doubt Allah's infinite mercy to forgive all your shortcomings, for indeed he is oft forgiving.
O my sons, go and find out about Joseph and his brother and despair not of relief from Allah . Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people."
12:87

https://quran.com/12/87
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."
39:53

https://quran.com/39/53

The daily prayer will give your day structure and can iron out things that contribute to you feeling this way, such as a bad sleep-schedule etc.
Take it step by step. If you feel like it's been years since you prayed, maybe just start by making wudhu and recite the verses above in a Mushaf or listen to the recitation of your favorite Qari.
Follow the links included in the quotes to read and listen to the verses of the Qur'an, you can change the reciter in the settings above.

In sha Allah your heart will feel the soothing effect of the Qur'an.

Take care of yourself my dear sister, we will all keep you in our prayers and In sha Allah you will feel better.

:friendhug:

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
Walaal, whatever it is that is making you feel this way, just know you are loved by Allah, by your family and by those near to you.

Before anything else, my first advise would be to seek out help. Don't think you have to shoulder this on your own, talk to family or friends.
If you feel you are in an acute situation, go to the ER but don't let yourself dwell on those negative emotions and let them boil over in impulsive actions. Try to calm yourself, this is only a moment and it will also pass.

Every life is precious in the sight of the creator and this life we live is an Amaana from Allah, that we should cherish, be grateful for and make the best of.

You are tested in this very moment and every other moment as long as you live, embrace it walaal and you can weather whatever storm comes your way.
Whatever Allah tests you with, he deems you to be his beloved servant that he knows is strong enough to carry on, no matter what the circumstances are.

What you are tested with is ultimately temporary. Either it will loose the intensity or cede all together in this life or you will be cleansed of your sins as a reward for your endurance in the next.
By the qadar of Allah you may see unexpected changes for the better, In sha Allah.

You have Iman in Allah, of that I am sure. As you said yourself, you need to work on your Salah, an important pillar of your Islam. We can all relate, walaal, but don't see this as a reason to doubt Allah's infinite mercy to forgive all your shortcomings, for indeed he is oft forgiving.

The daily prayer will give your day structure and can iron out things that contribute to you feeling this way, such as a bad sleep-schedule etc.
Take it step by step. If you feel like it's been years since you prayed, maybe just start by making wudhu and recite the verses above in a Mushaf or listen to the recitation of your favorite Qari.
Follow the links included in the quotes to read and listen to the verses of the Qur'an, you can change the reciter in the settings above.

In sha Allah your heart will feel the soothing effect of the Qur'an.

Take care of yourself my dear sister, we will all keep you in our prayers and In sha Allah you will feel better.

:friendhug:

I can see you put a lot of effort into this post. I feel like I dont deserve this. Thank you wallahi

May Allah reward you all.:it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Try talking it out with family or a close friend, just make sure you don't bottle this up and talk.

Insha Allah you will get over it.

I can see you put a lot of effort into this post. I feel like I dont deserve this. Thank you wallahi

May Allah reward you all.:it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8:
Sister, there is no effort wasted when it's spent in helping a fellow Muslim. We are all out here for each other and we got your back, despite all the silliness and jokes.
This outpouring you got here is only a fraction of what you can expect from your loved ones, open up to them in sha Allah they will certainly help you.

Sister please be strong walaal, this dunya is temporary, everyone will go through trials and tribulations, you might be suffering this year, but next year your life could completely change and be your best years, ago on YouTube and listen to Abu Hakeem bilal Davis, Listen to Hasan Al Somali, Abd Abu khadeeja

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Sister please be strong walaal, this dunya is temporary, everyone will go through trials and tribulations, you might be suffering this year, but next year your life could completely change and be your best years, ago on YouTube and listen to Abu Hakeem bilal Davis, Listen to Hasan Al Somali, Abd Abu khadeeja
@Balaayo :gucciwhat: