HAYAAAAAY BREAKING NEWS: ETHIOPIA DEPLOYS ARMY INTO JIGJIGA, PUPPET ABDI ILEY THROWN IN JAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a bad Idea, and I don't disagree with that path if and only if this administration is serious about reform and political freedoms/self determination. We don't know if that's what they're about. From what's happening so far, it sure as hell doesn't seem like they're about that.
This administration is Oromo favored and that is unacceptable. The moment bad things start happening to Oromos in the Somali region, Abiy calls in the Fed army bc the regional government has failed to secure the safety of it's minorities, he responds swiftly and immediately. But when Somalis haven been wiped out and have had heinous atrocities committed against them for the past 1 year and a half by Oromos, this PM doesn't even mention it and doesn't do shit about it. What happened wasn't he supposed to send in the Fed Army to those regions to secure their safety. Somalis are still being wiped out in liben, areas west of jigjiga and near babile. WTF is Abiy doing about Oromo atrocities against Somalis. Absolutely nothing. On top of that this Jawar Mohammed guy who's buddy buddy with this Oromo administration is taking selfies with pictures of supposed "Oromia" that show clear and undisputed Somali territories of Shiniile, Nogob, Afdheer, etc as part of Oromia.
So excuse us Somalis for being skeptical about this Oromo take over of Ethiopia, we reserve the right to be ready for any and all possible out comes, including an armed one.

I understand your feeling and I have to admit Oromos like Amhara and Tigray have more media airspace inside Ethiopia. Somalis in Ethiopia don't have any media to tell the stories themselves. That is may be he reason that the pressure to act abdi iley was high on the federal level because if you were in Addis all you hear was that Oromos are being killed and displaced by Liyu police every day.

Anyway PM Abiy is more of Ethiopian nationalist than Oromo nationalist. To be fair according to international relieve organisations close to 1 million Oromos were displaced from the Somali region while an oromo PM was in power and still did nothing.

Jawar is now currently in Amhara region and had a meeting with the people and exactly were confronted with the question of the map because the map also illegally includes parts of Amhara Wollo. He said that he did it out of politeness and that the people that draw this kind of maps are by no means part of his team or organisation. He also reminded the Amhara people that also among Amhara there are people who draw huge Amhara maps. He said we should not fight over this minor issues.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Dude, history is history there is no need to duel in it. African borers are all made like that, so no need to cry about it now. And being 100% ethnically doesn't mean you are not Ethiopian. You are confusing past and future and ethnicity and nationality. If Ethiopian Somalis want independence the only route is the legal and peaceful one, which was never tested before. My advice is try that path and even if they succeed, it is the best for all of us.
So Ethiopia can force it way with violates but Somalis have to use Ethiopian 'legal system'. You cannot hold an olive branch and have a sword in the same hand. Take your BS :camby:

:comeon: Which resource are you talking about that Ethiopia exploited? The fact is all those years the Somali region was/is one of the most subsidised regions in Ethiopia. In addition to subsidising the budget, the federal gov. was also building roads, hospitals, university, airport etc. Yes with the arrival of oil there could be exploitation of resources but until now there was none. Resources my a$$.
Is that a serious question? The whole region was given to Ethiopia by the Brits and they've been held against their will ever since. Not to mention the countless crimes Ethiopians have committed against them. Honestly, I don't read your trash posts so don't bother quoting me. Im not interested in conversing with you.

@xabashi And I find it funny how you brush aside a full blown Somali Rebellion in Eastern Ethiopia as being "empty threats". There's nothing empty about rallying Somalis for an Uprising. I think you don't understand what an Insurgency is, it doesn't mean Liyu police will fight the Ethiopian army. it means it's the People and Population of a certain area will. If Somalis in the Ogaden decided today to put aside their differences and form rebel factions, the majority of the region would be out of government control with in weeks expect areas with military instillations just like in the 70s. It would then be on the on the government to try and take those territories back and attempt to fight a population. Fighting house to house inch by inch in every city for years (Urban warfare).
Also having to deal with ambushes on convoys and stations, sabotage of transport and communications, raids, petty tactics, and etc (Guerilla warfare).
If you are dismissive of a Somali rebellion bc "they'd need weapons". That's the one thing no one is worried about, the Ogaden is surrounded by Respectable Somali armies, in (Djibouti) (Somaliland) (Puntland) and the (South&Central Somali armies, Including the foreign equipped federal army).
And if you think these armies won't flood the Ogaden with arms after an organized rebellion is created, you are just being childish. on top of that
Egyptian politicians have already publicly said
CAIRO (AP) — Politicians meeting with Egypt’s president have proposed hostile acts against Ethiopia, including backing rebels and carrying out sabotage
This Including Turkey and all Nations that have a stake in the Red sea region "which is virtually everyone" will fund their respective favorite players.

The already divided and cracking Ethiopia will fragment the moment a successful rebellion starts in any region.
If the Somalis start waging a full blown rebellion with long and time consuming guerrilla and urban warfare which turns the war into "who's side is more dedicated" is a fragmented/Tribal Ethiopian army willing to fight and die day in and day out for a semi arid land so far away from the highlands that they've never seen or know how to fight in. Or are Somalis more willing who've lived their of millennia and will die by the thousands for. Highlanders wouldn't stay for a month after a bloody war gets going. It'l be the straw that breaks the camels back, Tigrayans will be too much at odds with the Oromo government to give a shit, they'd even support the rebellion with arms, and will take advantage of the chaos/war to either coup d'etat the oromo government and take their place back, or will try to secede like the Somalis themselves.
It'll be Oromo/Amhara against Somali/Tigray. And this Oromo Amhara alliance won't even last a year. This Oromo Admid already back stabbed the Amhara by failing to give them Addis ababa after previous agreements that Oromo get the PM and Amhara get the capital. Plust the Amhara see themselves as the fathers of Ethiopia and want to go back to the old days of solomonic Abyssinia where they dominated Ethiopia.

So not dismiss a Somali rebellion because it could be the match that sparks what everyone already knows is right around the corner and coming. And if that Civil War starts, Oromo will be the biggest losers because they'll have the most enemies. Naturally if you share a border with everyone, you're doomed to have disputes/conflict with everyone.

Last edited:
He's a dictator that was specifically appointed for this purpose. What did you expect?
:mjlol:
And quit acting like he didn't have the people's support to secede. This is literally the only thing that every clan in Somali Galbeed agrees on as evidenced by the unity during the invasion of Jigjiga.
:pachah1:

So we have to follow the rules but the federal government doesn't? No one is buying what you're selling lady.
:drakekidding:
The federal government has always done whatever the hell they wanted to us regardless of the constitution or law or what have you. And that hasn't stopped with Abiy. His invasion of Somali Galbeed without Jigjiga's permission was unconstitutional.

Somalis have never been the MLK type. We're Malcom X's through and through and you guys knew that when you annexed our territory. Now you will have to suffer the consequences. We're the third largest ethnic group in Ethiopia and we want to burn it all down.
:manny:

We don't need to follow your rules (that you yourself have broken many times before). We'll leave when we're ready and when we do, we'll be sure to leave a big mess of things the way only a Somali can.
:lolbron:

Wait, you actually think that we're going to pay a share of the Chinese debt you've accrued building up Mekele? We aren't even part of the ruling party so legally we don't owe you shit.
:drakelaugh:
You think that we owe Aids Ababa for their so called "investments"? If you try to play games like that, it won't turn out well for you. What about reparations for all of the loss of life and property that you caused? We could easily bring that up and it won't be difficult to prove in an international court that the damages far outweigh these so called "investments".
:sass2:
The border will settled the old fashioned way, as I told you before: war.
:westbrookswag:
We're not afraid to throw millions of bodies at this. Killing and raping is all we have ever known. We have 30 years of fun in Somalia to prove that.
:ahh:
The question is are you ready for that?
:sass1:
As for your paperweight constitution that nobody follows? I use that to clean the diarrhea off my ass.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Man you seem to be on some suicidal mission. I don't think the path of violence and war is an option. Yes if you want independence then it can only come through legal and constitutional means not by force. The rules and regulations about secession that are found in the constitution must be respected to the full like free and fair referendum. The same way other things like paying back of investment and dept sharing must also be resolved. You seriously expect Ethiopia to pay all the china debt that was spent for the exploration and extraction of oil in Somali region? Are you on drugs. The Somali region was for years only getting more money from the fed than it sent to the fed. It was alway a receiver. So you expect you can get with all the infrastructure without paying a penny for that? All the debt of the country will also be fairly shared by the new Somali country. This is how it is found in the constitution and this how the rules work. According to the constitution any secession process can take up to 5 years from the time it was formally requested by the majority of the local parliament.

Apart from the legal path, honestly I see no other option unless you guys are bent on leaving the state under the military command post and completely halting any development activity for the coming years.

War is not just being brave and shooting. You have to have to have a warchest, you also need to have the logistical support from your neighbouring countries, the man power etc. If you guys opt for war, that will be a very short operation for the army. I tell you. The Somali region let alone to sustain a war for long, it is in the lifeline of the fed. budget. I also don't see the neighbours Djibouti, Somaliland and even Somalia supporting the war anytime soon. War is not a good path for the people.

War is not just being brave and shooting. You have to have to have a warchest, you also need to have the logistical support from your neighbouring countries, the man power etc. If you guys opt for war, that will be a very short operation for the army. I tell you. The Somali region let alone to sustain a war for long, it is in the lifeline of the fed. budget. I also don't see the neighbours Djibouti, Somaliland and even Somalia supporting the war anytime soon. War is not a good path for the people.

War is not a good path for Ethiopia, it's a great path for the Somalis I already answered this right before you posted. No matter how big you're army is, you cannot fight a population. If that is attempted, you'll get another Afghanistan or Syria. You can do what Assad did and carpet bomb entire cities along with civilians (Which will automatically make you the bad guy, in the eyes of the international community) and gain some land back or you can go house by house inch by inch like in Afghanistan, which failed epicly. The insurgency now controls more land than it did in 2001 when the US government invaded.
Plus Ethiopia isn't Afghanistan and it doesn't have America backing it heavily, the bush administration spent over a trillion dollars on the afghan war and the US now lost more land then they arrived to after 17 years.

Ethiopia doesn't have that kind of time or money, the entire country will erupt into civil war the moment a successful insurgency starts in any region of the country. So again war is bad for Ethiopia keeping itself together not the Somalis vying for independence

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Man you seem to be on some suicidal mission. I don't think the path of violence and war is an option. Yes if you want independence then it can only come through legal and constitutional means not by force. The rules and regulations about secession that are found in the constitution must be respected to the full like free and fair referendum. The same way other things like paying back of investment and dept sharing must also be resolved. You seriously expect Ethiopia to pay all the china debt that was spent for the exploration and extraction of oil in Somali region? Are you on drugs. The Somali region was for years only getting more money from the fed than it sent to the fed. It was alway a receiver. So you expect you can get with all the infrastructure without paying a penny for that? All the debt of the country will also be fairly shared by the new Somali country. This is how it is found in the constitution and this how the rules work. According to the constitution any secession process can take up to 5 years from the time it was formally requested by the majority of the local parliament.

Apart from the legal path, honestly I see no other option unless you guys are bent on leaving the state under the military command post and completely halting any development activity for the coming years.

You're a fool if you think that we're going to do things according to your silly 'constitution'. And you're even stupider than I thought if you think that what Aids Ababa has done for the Somali region infrastructure-wise outweighs the sheer damage and horror. The only thing we received from you is death and we will repay that tenfold in due time. If anything you owe us. It's especially hilarious that you expect us to pay for something that we killed to prevent (the Chinese oil exploration). It's not our fault that you poured money into a region of people that despise you. Maybe use your brain bext time.

We are not in a South Sudan/Eritrea situation where we need approval from the occupiers. Those two countries had nowhere to go but Somali Galbeed could easily rejoin Somalia the same way Crimea has rejoined Russia. You're beyond saving if you think we're going to negotiate with you.

Did Abiy come through demcorcy? voting? or was he picked by so called several strong men?

in this case, iley and new president ahmed cabdi mohamed were picked by their parliament

look at this habashi bird and her hypocrisy

Did Abiy come through demcorcy? voting? or was he picked by so called several strong men?

in this case, iley and new president ahmed cabdi mohamed were picked by their parliament

look at this habashi bird and her hypocrisy

It is not about how someone came to power. None of the regional presidents came to power by free election that is not the point here but all of them are embracing the new democratic reforms and allowing a political space in their region. Every Oromo, Amhara, Tigray etc. exiled political groups are coming back and operating freely in their respective regions. The only exception is Somali state. Let alone to open a space for ONLF etc. no dissent is tolerated. No free speech, no free media, no freedom of assembly. The rest of Ethiopians are enjoying all this for more than 4 months but Somali region is still stuck in the dark TPLF era where you can intimidate, jail and kill your opponents. This can't go on forever of course. You can't have two systems in one country. If this situation continued there would have been impossible to conduct a free and fair election in 2 years time in Somali region unlike in all other regions.

You may hate PM Abiy for now but in a few months time Somali region citizens will be thankful for his service for bringing a democratic change in the state. Torturing, jailing and killing political opponents will be history soon. Somalis will be for the first time free to speak up their mind. I know you don't buy this all but this is exactly what PM Abiy brought in all other regions.

Unlike most of you here who don't really understand the internal dynamics of Ethiopian politics, ONLF got it right this time and chose the peaceful and legal path. Kudos to them for their wise decision!

ONLF held a meeting with Somalis in Addis Ababa. This is the new face of Ethiopia!!! No person should be persecuted because of his political stand! This is what Abdi Iley refused i.e. let political opponents freely operate in the state just like other states are allowing.

Dka4sVfW4AIhu6b.jpg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
You can't have two systems in one country.
How can you say that when that's exactly how Ethiopia has been since the British gave you Somali Galbeed? The Somali region has always been a special case and it will continue to be.
I see a bright future for Somali region!

This transracial stooge is just an Oromo dog. Abiy cannot get away with this. Ogaden make up the largest number of people in Somali Galbeed. Sidelining them like this shows that he still can't trust them. This will come back to bite him when they try to take power back.

How can you say that when that's exactly how Ethiopia has been since the British gave you Somali Galbeed? The Somali region has always been a special case and it will continue to be.

This transracial stooge is just an Oromo dog. Abiy cannot get away with this. Ogaden make up the largest number of people in Somali Galbeed. Sidelining them like this shows that he still can't trust them. This will come back to bite him when they try to take power back.

Not only Ahmed Shide but also all the current presidents of the regions are there to facilitate the coming free and fair election. They are there to open up space for the oppostion, the media etc. Their local state media are for the first time treating both the ruling and the oppostion equally and giving them air space. Ahmed Shide is just there to do this task of transition to democracy and you will witness soon what he will be doing. If only Abdi Iley allowed dissent and accepted the reforms just like the other regional presidents he would have stayed the president until the election but the guy wanted to continue his thuggish behavior completely closing the political space for any dissent.

Most probably none of the current presidents may survive the next election with the exception may be of Lemma because of his popularity in Oromia. Ahmed Shide will be facing ONLF etc. in the next election and if the Ogaden clan is the majority, there is nothing to worry. The majority will be electing the president of the state.

Btw, Ahmed Shide is not Oromo. He is Somali and long time friend of the PM. He is good in articulating both in Amharic and English. He is the new breed of politician who don't try to solve problems with guns first but dialog.

Last edited:
The article is full of propaganda, its accusing the Somalis in Babile who are defending themselves, of being Liyu police raiding innocent oromos. And about the attack on Jigjiga, they describe it as Somali mobs attacking and looting minorities in the city.

It is not about how someone came to power. None of the regional presidents came to power by free election that is not the point here but all of them are embracing the new democratic reforms and allowing a political space in their region. Every Oromo, Amhara, Tigray etc. exiled political groups are coming back and operating freely in their respective regions. The only exception is Somali state. Let alone to open a space for ONLF etc. no dissent is tolerated. No free speech, no free media, no freedom of assembly. The rest of Ethiopians are enjoying all this for more than 4 months but Somali region is still stuck in the dark TPLF era where you can intimidate, jail and kill your opponents. This can't go on forever of course. You can't have two systems in one country. If this situation continued there would have been impossible to conduct a free and fair election in 2 years time in Somali region unlike in all other regions.

You may hate PM Abiy for now but in a few months time Somali region citizens will be thankful for his service for bringing a democratic change in the state. Torturing, jailing and killing political opponents will be history soon. Somalis will be for the first time free to speak up their mind. I know you don't buy this all but this is exactly what PM Abiy brought in all other regions.

somalis are a very arrogant race with massive ego, difficult to rule as they all think they are noble by birth, most Ethiopians habashi were enslaved by their elite uper class historically, habashi can be made scared by their leaders as they have feudalism, but somalis never had feudalism and thus were never enslaved by their respective kings, they are so free most likely the freeist people on earth historically and thus leaders have to either be brutal which doesnt work or kiss their ass and please them regularly,

iley was our stalin, we needed someone to keep somalis in check and tame them, the somali dictator siad barre learned the hard way, Sayid Cabdulla Hassan, First King of whole of somalis/Dawrish state once remaked somalis can only be ruled by another somali who first has to chop of their heads regulalry in order to keep them in check,

idont hate abiy, i am Ogadeni and my Ogaden people have fought oromo for 700 years and it concerns me to see an oromo with power because the ormo borders me, i dont care for habashi as they dont border me, its 40 million oromo with power, also keep in mine Ogaden has regularly karbashed soamlis in somalia as iley use to teach them a lesson when ever they tried to invade DDSI from somalia proper

iley was our stalin, it takes a men like him to keep Africans in check, we Africans need strong ruthless leaders with vision as we dont respect nice nice leaders because we africans are still massively behind in terms of political evolution as Africans are still premative

take ethiopia for example, supposedly they cry they never got colonise, 107 million humans yet their entire economy is 70 odd bllion, yet switzerland with only 8 million humans has 700 billion in GDP, yet tigra region is about 4 times bigger in land then switzerland, then are also land locked

singapore of 5 million has GDP of around 330 billion

shyty somalia has 6 telecom firms yet Ethiopia has only 1, its basically 2018 semi soviet still nepotistic economy , somalia has higher per capita GDP yet has been in civil war since actually 1982

ethiopia is a welfare failed state with 3000 years of history and supposed never colonised yet has freedom of business and economics of 171 out of 195 nations in 2013

its a fake country made by the white men adn mark my words, ideas do not die, by Allah we will destroy it and make Ogadeniya free and independent once again, insha Allah even if it takes us 50 years Insha Allah

i told yall, Iley my great uncle made and educated the very people protesting now in universities, he gave them free mine set due to uni education,

he will be missed, he is Dr Cabdi Mohamed Umar The Great

insha Allah once i become the presdeint of jubbaland i will name a university,. streets and an airport after him and have his statue in JUbbaland Parliament (though statues are xaram, i will erect them then remove the sanam on my last day as president insha Allah)

i also wish to build a great sub way in kismayo (we can build one for 3 billion only, one spain fishing company doesn hundreds of millions in somali waters each month, we are stupid there is enough wealth, i will use jarer and iiidoor as labour ) and name many stations in the metro after Iley The Great

somalis in east africa will miss this man and his amazing leadership, he was our Stalin and he had vision, patriotic to the Somali/Ogaden race and was honest,

"Dr A Umar Metro Line, from vie Afmadow to Bulo Amadin north east kismayo, 17 minutes, mine the doors chaps mine the doors ladies" insha Allah

Status
Not open for further replies.