Have you experienced racial discrmination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nonwhite men receive more overt racism in the West than nonwhite women do. Studies have confirmed this.

In the West, nonwhite men are seen as more threatening. A Somali guy who has never received racism in the West is lying. Impossible.

Even cadaan men are discriminated against. :farmajoyaab:We always assume he was the seial killer. 48 hours has confirmed this tale.
:yacadiim: Thankfully, he has discriminating taste when selecting victims - mostly female and cadaan, too.

Apollo

VIP
Even cadaan men are discriminated against. :farmajoyaab:We always assume he was the seial killer. 48 hours has confirmed this tale.
:yacadiim: Thankfully, he has discriminating taste when selecting victims - mostly female and cadaan, too.

People are soft on women, so they won't say stuff to your face.. but with guys, it's a different story.

What is wrong with these Aussie men?

Somalis Gather to Discuss Racism, Alienation in Australia

https://www.voanews.com/a/a-13-2009-08-17-voa14-68754732/410346.html

Maybe this is why

Disgraced senior ethics cop subject of previous racism complaints.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...evious-racism-complaints-20180227-p4z1xh.html

Waterloo man rejected for job with note that said being Somali embodies 'a culture of resistance to authority'

'For a lot of black people, we know that job discrimination happens, but no one is foolish enough to write it in an email,' said Jama Hagi-Yusuf, who has filed a human rights complaint.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...embodies-a-culture-of-resistance-to-authority

Living with race hate in Russia

When Somali civil engineering student Mukhtar Ahmed Osman was beaten unconscious in the snow by a gang of teenagers in a Moscow suburb, nobody came to his aid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4737468.stm

Dunkin' Donuts Franchise Owner Apologizes After Somali Family Refused Service.

http://www.mainepublic.org/post/dun...pologizes-after-somali-family-refused-service

How a community changed by refugees (in Lewiston) came to embrace Trump.

https://www.apnews.com/7f2b534b80674596875980b9b6e701c9

U.K

Senior police officer called Somali cleaner 'n*****' and threatened to smash him against wall, hearing told.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oyd-hate-crime-diversity-murder-a8596136.html

What racism? It doesn't exist.
I feel like when the jews were being slapped around by the egyptians:mjcry::kendrickcry:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Racism is real and exists and the worst one against us in the diaspora is institutional racism. But the worst racists of all are us, Somalis.

5ebbyzy06qky.jpg

But as a laandheer afroasiate looking down on the world is my birthright:farole:

@Libaaxseendheer

The funny thing is a Somali guy had a fight with another Somali guy (both FOBS) at school when I was a senior student and since he started the fight, his justification was they ganged up on him because of racism. He explained to the principle that they always call him laangaab. The principle was bewildered and called me to explain to her the Somali clan dynamics and in relation to racism. I offered her an alternative of a positive and quick solution if we involve the local Imam. She accepted but later on read racism in Somalia and when that issue was solved, she asked me, both aren't Bantu Somalis who were mistreated and oppressed by nomadic Somalis, what was the issue? That's when I heard the oppression of the Bantu Somalis.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
People are soft on women, so they won't say stuff to your face.. but with guys, it's a different story.

Women are never seen as a threat. Men are. When I used to live alone as a uni student a stranger (male) offered to carry groceries to my door. I politely refused. I'm suspicious of them all but I would be a little more trusting if it were a Somali.

:ftw9nwa: My reer Yurub friend. I almost forgot you weren't from N. America. That joke flew over your head.

Nonwhite men receive more overt racism in the West than nonwhite women do. Studies have confirmed this.

In the West, nonwhite men are seen as more threatening. A Somali guy who has never received racism in the West is lying. Impossible.
Somali women may face more racism because they’re visible muslims (hijab) whilst Somali guys to the cadaan eye are just black guys not necessarily associated with islam. People hate muslims more than blacks nowadays.

Somali women may face more racism because they’re visible muslims (hijab) whilst Somali guys to the cadaan eye are just black guys not necessarily associated with islam. People hate muslims more than blacks nowadays.

@911

Well put, but nowadays, most Somali chicks are lighter one shade more than Caucasian chicks.

@Libaaxseendheer

The funny thing is a Somali guy had a fight with another Somali guy (both FOBS) at school when I was a senior student and since he started the fight, his justification was they ganged up on him because of racism. He explained to the principle that they always call him laangaab. The principle was bewildered and called me to explain to her the Somali clan dynamics and in relation to racism. I offered her an alternative of a positive and quick solution if we involve the local Imam. She accepted but later on read racism in Somalia and when that issue was solved, she asked me, both aren't Bantu Somalis who were mistreated and oppressed by nomadic Somalis, what was the issue? That's when I heard the oppression of the Bantu Somalis.
I didnt get the last part. Somali and bantus...?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Even girls with the hijab might not experience problems. And some Somali girls don't wear the headscarf. Foreign men are always a threat - period. No need to madow wash it. This is universal.

Middle Eastern men also experience discrimination. The only non-threat to them are qanis guys and indoyar men in the west because they are thought of as following the rules and do not challange the status quo.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Middle Eastern men also experience discrimination. The only non-threat to them are qanis guys and indoyar men in the west because they are thought of as following the rules and do not challange the status quo.

In Europe they are even racist to Turks, Syrians, and Gypsies who look 10x more European than Somalis.

In Europe they are even racist to Turks, Syrians, and Gypsies who look 10x more European than Somalis.
Because they look like what people typically think of Muslims, muslims are hated which is why I believe Somali hijabis have it the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.