Have you ever met a Somali atheist or a Christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Who designed the designer though? Why would a designer purposely create a place with design faults such as suffering? And if there is a designer how can you be sure it's your God out of the thousands Humans worship without quoting your religious book?
I'm going to answer your questions to the of my ability, but first can you tell us how you came to the conclusion that there is no God?

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
I undertstand leaving islam, but I'm yet to fathom how one can observe reality and conclude it's wasn't created. Mind explaining to us how you arrived at such conclusions?
Well, in nature there is ample proof of creation (evolution) without divine intervention. I'd be convinced of a creator if there is evidence showing signs of ''special creation'' but there is none. Things do not appear out of themselves, that goes against everything we observe around us.

Mighty

Well, in nature there is ample proof of creation (evolution) without divine intervention. I'd be convinced of a creator if there is evidence showing signs of ''special creation'' but there is none. Things do not appear out of themselves, that goes against everything we observe around us.
Wait.. what? Evolution doesn't say anything about God's existence. And for things appearing out of themselves, I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that. I would like to know what part of evolution makes you go "aha, there is no creator".

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Wait.. what? Evolution doesn't say anything about God's existence. And for things appearing out of themselves, I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that. I would like to know what part of evolution makes you go "aha, there is no creator".
As I've said before, I see no evidence of there being a creator. Invoking God to explain the flora and fauna we observe today seems to go against fundamental principles that govern our reality. You're basically proposing magic sxb.

Mighty

Invoking God to explain the flora and fauna we observe today seems to go against fundamental principles that govern our reality. You're basically proposing magic sxb.
I dont see why invoking God is necessary to explain the things you mentioned. One would be able to learn the internal workings of any machine without invoking the inventor. If anything can be considered magic, it's the believe of unguided processes being able to accomplish complex feats like trees, metamorphosis, sexual reproduction, human logic and the universe itself.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
I dont see why invoking God is necessary to explain the things you mentioned. One would be able to learn the internal workings of any machine without invoking the inventor. If anything can be considered magic, it's the believe of unguided processes being able to accomplish complex feats like trees, metamorphosis, sexual reproduction, human logic and the universe itself.
I understand what you mean and I agree with you. What I'm interested is in why would you assume, the world is designed by an inventor. It's a big metaphysical and logical leap, you know? I understand that the world is better understood by thinking it's designed as you've said, but that doesn't mean it's actually IS designed sxb. That's a conceptual fallacy.

Mighty

I understand what you mean and I agree with you. What I'm interested is in why would you assume, the world is designed by an inventor. It's a big metaphysical and logical leap, you know? I understand that the world is better understood by thinking it's designed as you've said, but that doesn't mean it's actually IS designed sxb. That's a conceptual fallacy.
We postulate Gods existence based on necessity and observable facts, i.e only intelligence is capable of producing complex systems. Btw how did I commit a conceptual fallacy?
  1. A fallacy due to a misunderstanding or misapplication of concepts, or of the relationships between concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.