Have you ever had anytime with all of your grandparents from each angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I met them all. Both grandmothers alive and well, I think in their 80s. Knew one grandfather but he passed away when I was a kid :'( Didn't have a chance to meet the other although he was said to have lived a very long life while the other lived till his 60s I think.

Only my mom's mother when I was a young kid, don't remember much from that. My my mom's dad died in 1979. My father is almost 70 so his parents died long before he even met my mom. so I guess not.

Do you understand why we are in the 5th world category. We are in the 1600 in a lot of ways.

Male life expectancy 46

Female ...51

In such a situation you are cheated out of your grandparents by corruption and mismanagement of your leaders.
Do you think we should turn the cock back to the 1600s? There is no point in claiming to be in 2017 when like you said, our country and our entire way of life resembles medieval. Let's just start from 1500s, admitting our failure and uselessness as people.

My grandfather passed away couple of years ago he was 100+ AUN. My grandmother passed away not long ago too. I haven't met the other two they died before I was born. My grandmother died the same month I was born. She wanted to meet me but never got to:( I hope I meet them all in Jannah i'a.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
A gem of a grand mother you have bro. They are always stubborn and set in their ways but very dignified and believers. Dementia and other age related issues rear their ugly heads at that age. It is why I am not sure I want to live to that age . I am happy to exit this world healthy while I am still capable of moving and have brain function. Don't want to waste anyone's time taking care of me or to live helpless.

PS: I JUST called my grandmother and she was very happy. She advised me to pay for Hajj/Pilgrimage on behalf of my dead parents. And she showered me with lots of Duco/Prayer. I told her it was her prayers that enabled me to advance in life and be successful, she liked that and started even praying for me more. She confused me with her other grandson though at first, then she realized it was me lol. Then we had to restart the whole convo again. She is really old.

You made some ajar today posting the topic without you planning on it :)

Bye Now.

:friendhug::friendhug:

That's what my uncle does when I slap him with money when he is least suspecting it. I just call him and say "there's money for you at dahabshiil ". He always showers me with epic duas. It's sincere too cause there's other times I just call him without sending money yet he gives dua for free. The way it makes me feel when he is giving me dua :banderas:

My maternal grandpa always massages me on the head while spitting some dua on me. I kind of like it.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
My grandfather passed away couple of years ago he was 100+ AUN. My grandmother passed away not long ago too. I haven't met the other two they died before I was born. My grandmother died the same month I was born. She wanted to meet me but never got to:( I hope I meet them all in Jannah i'a.

How you gonna meet them when you are an atheist?:drakewtf:

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
I've only ever met my maternal grandmother once when I was a kid and she passed away a few years after. She outlived all my other grandparents by several decades which is pretty crazy now I think of it. My paternal grandmother passed away a day after giving birth to my father, and my paternal grandfather passed away before my father turned 5. Even my materal grandfather died in the early 70s/late 60s. I remember how bizarre it was to hear my hooyo call my ayeeyo hooyo. AUN

Both my maternal grandmothers are alive and going strong axmdl

Maternal grandfather was killed by idoor snm and my paternal grandfather died just when he had my dad

Gambar

VIP
I grew up with my grandparents on my fathers side, they still live with us. My grandparents on my mothers side live in Gabiley and Hargeisa. They seem to be healthy.

Some of the comments I used to hear from my paternal Ayeeyo as I enter the house and leave the door behind me wide open was "Muxu albaabka la ballaqan yahay? Ma siilkii axado gabayraa wuxu, war naga xir albaabka duguf duguf layntaada ma naqaane".

She was straight up in your face insulting you if you made a mistake. She raised her kids, all five of them by herself since my paternal grandfather died at a young age in the city and my father and his siblings became orphans that way. She was healthcare worker and used to work everyday. Her mother(My great grand mother) raised the kids with her and she also used to work doing manual labor to raise the young orphaned kids with her daughter.

Role models both for their children and my father and his siblings grew up very educated. They were raised by two women who acted both as mothers and fathers to them.

All of them are dead. I haven't met any of them.

Sorry to hear that man. Your parents though? Still around? Their death left a gaping hole in my heart for the simple reason that I didn't pay them back as I wanted to when I made to the US.

But I do still pray for them in that if Allah accepts my prayers for them, they are better off than they would have been without a son and they were in trouble now in their other world.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Some of the comments I used to hear from my paternal Ayeeyo as I enter the house and leave the door behind me wide open was "Muxu albaabka la ballaqan yahay? Ma siilkii axado gabayraa wuxu, war naga xir albaabka duguf duguf layntaada ma naqaane".

She was straight up in your face insulting you if you made a mistake. She raised her kids, all five of them by herself since my paternal grandfather died at a young age in the city and my father and his siblings became orphans that way. She was healthcare worker and used to work everyday. Her mother(My great grand mother) raised the kids with her and she also used to work doing manual labor to raise the young orphaned kids with her daughter.

Role models both for their children and my father and his siblings grew up very educated. They were raised by two women who acted both as mothers and fathers to them.

:ooh::ooh::ooh:

You me ayeeyo would say that ?

She would talk about female genitalia like that :ooh:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I grew up with my grandparents on my fathers side, they still live with us. My grandparents on my mothers side live in Gabiley and Hargeisa. They seem to be healthy.

You got a grandpa and grandma living with you guys ?

Do you think we should turn the cock back to the 1600s? There is no point in claiming to be in 2017 when like you said, our country and our entire way of life resembles medieval. Let's just start from 1500s, admitting our failure and uselessness as people.

Bra, I think you meant "clock". Someone would have pointed that out so I am being the first and correcting it for you. And we aren't useless but afflicted with a disease that is hard to cure, What we are capable doing at clan level can be done at national level together as one, that is all there is to understand to fix our problems. Otherwise, Somalis are good people. They just need good leadership that does not mess with and misuse their clan devotion. Somalis do good with honest leadership. Because they are inherently good people who would help another Somali regardless of clan membership.

We need good leadership from the clan up to national level and things will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts