Have you ever had anytime with all of your grandparents from each angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
seen all my grandparents accept my mum's dad alxamdulilah

tenor.gif

you know that when the West says that Africans have low life expectancy it is absolutely true.

I bet that maybe only 1 person here had the chance to have met all grandparents.

It's more likely that we were born after they passed away or we were too young to appreciate them.

- My maternal grandmother is still alive though my mother is dead. She must be in her 90s.
- I met my paternal great grandmother who turned into a child mentally and had to be bathed, fed and watched because she could walk and disappeared sometimes. Strangers used to bring her home on the occasions she slipped out without adult supervision.

- My paternal grandmother died also in her 90s. She outlived two of her sons - My father and his Older bother.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
- My maternal grandmother is still alive though my mother is dead. She must be in her 90s.
- I met my paternal great grandmother who turned into a child mentally and had to be bathed, fed and watched because she could walk and disappeared sometimes. Strangers used to bring her home on the occasions she slipped out without adult supervision.

- My paternal grandmother died also in her 90s. She outlived two of her sons - My father and his Older bother.

Was your paternal great grandmother living in the West?

Was your paternal great grandmother living in the West?

- My paternal grandmother lived in the west into her old age. She went there around 1989. But luckily when she was about to die, she made a trip back home and died in her own country and is buried there. Very Lucky.

- My maternal grandmother lives in Garissa Kenya now with her extended children. She is very old now. She was of old age when I last saw her. I should call her soon actually, this topic reminded me of my duties as her great grand son. Thanks for the topic in that regard bra.

I am dialing Viber now, see who can hook me up to her inshallah. Thanks, This suddenly made me feel eager to say hello cause anything can happen in between now and tomorrow.

:russ:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
- My paternal grandmother lived in the west into her old age. She went there around 1989. But luckily when she was about to die, she made a trip back home and died in her own country and is buried there. Very Lucky.

- My maternal grandmother lives in Garissa Kenya now with her extended children. She is very old now. She was of old age when I last saw her. I should call her soon actually, this topic reminded me of my duties as her great grand son. Thanks for the topic in that regard bra.

I am dialing Viber now, see who can hook me up to her inshallah. Thanks, This suddenly made me feel eager to say hello cause anything can happen in between now and tomorrow.

:russ:

I dont have any recollection of my whole paternal grandparents. However, ive met with my maternal grandparents and actually my grandmother has been and still is part of our lives at the advance age of 87-90 (she could be older but this is my estimation). She has a feisty self-made woman who has been opinionated with a sharp tongue but now old age has got her all sweet and exhausted. She is very weak now but her mouth and mental functionality is 90% fine. She now is forgetting people and things and we try to help her by filling in the gap if we know what she's talking about. She even know mixes our names but I always correct her on who she intended to call. She's set in her believes and no one takes her seriously but we maintain huge respect for her and we never say "thats wrong". She loves money and if you wanna make her happy you give her money. Apparently she does nothing with that money except send it to her hundreds of her late sibling's kids. Whenever I hold a conversation with her about her family history im shook when she keeps saying "alla ha u naxariistee" of almost 98% of her siblings. She's the oldest left.

Dads dad got killed by a crazy sheikhal wacel he thought awowe was a hawiye combatant after pleading for his life to no avail baas ayuu kufuray.
Dads mum died in a torture prison for Ogadens in jigjia.
Mums dad was a medic in the 77 war in one of the battles a shrapnel tore through his bladder mother told me for years he couldn't use the toilet etc.. He died shortly afterwards from infection.
Mum's mum died from gastritis 2 yrs before I was born in Russia whilst waiting for treatment.

May Allah give them mercy ameen.

I dont have any recollection of my whole paternal grandparents. However, ive met with my maternal grandparents and actually my grandmother has been and still is part of our lives at the advance age of 87-90 (she could be older but this is my estimation). She has a feisty self-made woman who has been opinionated with a sharp tongue but now old age has got her all sweet and exhausted. She is very weak now but her mouth and mental functionality is 90% fine. She now is forgetting people and things and we try to help her by filling in the gap if we know what she's talking about. She even know mixes our names but I always correct her on who she intended to call. She's set in her believes and no one takes her seriously but we maintain huge respect for her and we never say "thats wrong". She loves money and if you wanna make her happy you give her money. Apparently she does nothing with that money except send it to her hundreds of her late sibling's kids. Whenever I hold a conversation with her about her family history im shook when she keeps saying "alla ha u naxariistee" of almost 98% of her siblings. She's the oldest left.

A gem of a grand mother you have bro. They are always stubborn and set in their ways but very dignified and believers. Dementia and other age related issues rear their ugly heads at that age. It is why I am not sure I want to live to that age . I am happy to exit this world healthy while I am still capable of moving and have brain function. Don't want to waste anyone's time taking care of me or to live helpless.

PS: I JUST called my grandmother and she was very happy. She advised me to pay for Hajj/Pilgrimage on behalf of my dead parents. And she showered me with lots of Duco/Prayer. I told her it was her prayers that enabled me to advance in life and be successful, she liked that and started even praying for me more. She confused me with her other grandson though at first, then she realized it was me lol. Then we had to restart the whole convo again. She is really old.

You made some ajar today posting the topic without you planning on it :)

Bye Now.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
A gem of a grand mother you have bro. They are always stubborn and set in their ways but very dignified and believers. Dementia and other age related issues rear their ugly heads at that age. It is why I am not sure I want to live to that age . I am happy to exit this world healthy while I am still capable of moving and have brain function. Don't want to waste anyone's time taking care of me or to live helpless.

PS: I JUST called my grandmother and she was very happy. She advised me to pay for Hajj/Pilgrimage on behalf of my dead parents. And she showered me with lots of Duco/Prayer. I told her it was her prayers that enabled me to advance in life and be successful, she liked that and started even praying for me more. She confused me with her other grandson though at first, then she realized it was me lol. Then we had to restart the whole convo again. She is really old.

You made some ajar today posting the topic without you planning on it :)

Bye Now.

Oh i forgot to tell you about my maternal grandfather. He is now 90 and still a nomad. Ive met him for the first time back in 2005. What a gentle soul. He is your typical old nomad with a macawiis, cimaamad, worn out shoes, ashy legs, wild hair with a koofiyad and wringled face. Cant imagine what those eyes of his has seen. I suppose he fought with couple of hyenas in his lifetime. Strangely enough his sons were killed in warfares that was about a dispute with my OWN CLAN! :jcoleno::jcoleno::jcoleno::jcoleno::jcoleno: He was reported to have said to his sons "Dont join that war, how can I support you guys to fight with my own grandchildren, my own daughter's kids. My daughter has been the one to have always supported me financially whenever we hit hard times and now you want to fight that clan of hers". They didnt stop and it was a fight of uncle fighting nephew, thats how close these clans were.

Dads dad got killed by a crazy sheikhal wacel he thought awowe was a hawiye combatant after pleading for his life to no avail baas ayuu kufuray.
Dads mum died in a torture prison for Ogadens in jigjia.
Mums dad was a medic in the 77 war in one of the battles a shrapnel tore through his bladder mother told me for years he couldn't use the toilet etc.. He died shortly afterwards from infection.
Mum's mum died from gastritis 2 yrs before I was born in Russia whilst waiting for treatment.

May Allah give them mercy ameen.

Some tragic family stories bro. We all die certain ways. Some in car accidents, falling and hitting your head, in your bed or in war. Regardless of the means of death, we are bound to our destiny and some will die young and others Old. May Allah have mercy on your relatives. We are all destined to exit at some point and start all over again to a more lasting and perfected life.

My mother died in her sleep very healthy and young. My dad spent time in hospitals and suffered for months leading up to his death and died a natural cause.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Some tragic family stories bro. We all die certain ways. Some in car accidents, falling and hitting your head, in your bed or in war. Regardless of the means of death, we are bound to our destiny and some will die young and others Old. May Allah have mercy on your relatives. We are all destined to exit at some point and start all over again to a more lasting and perfected life.

My mother died in her sleep very healthy and young. My dad spent time in hospitals and suffered for months leading up to his death and died a natural cause.

Alla ya raxma!

Ameen brothe, indeed every soul shall taste death.
May Allah reward your parents the highest level of Jannah.

Last edited:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Met both my grandparents from dads side and met grandmother and great grandfather from mums side, but unfortunatly my grandad from mums side died when I was born never got to meet him AUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending