Have We Acknowledged Just How Devastating

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol :ftw9nwa:. No foreign powers give a flying f*ck about some semi arid desert in Africa.

U.S-China Battle over the Ogaden Basin

Driven by economic and increasing thirsty for energy rather than their ideological differences, U.S and China battle over the Ogaden oil and fields have recent escalated after China and U.S owned oil-corporations signed memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tigray People Liberation Front or TPLF-dominated regime in Addis Ababa on separate occasions between January 8, 2014, and November 10, 2014.

The U.S based African infrastructure development company of Black Rhino started to contain the Chinese PL GCL Petroleum Investment Limited, which had reached an agreement with the Tigray-ruled Ethiopian government to extract oil and gas from Ogaden region on November 16, 2013.

Both U.S and China Oil and Gas companies knew that the landlocked Ethiopia needs a port to fulfill its grasping endeavors to exploit the natural resources that are under the territory of the rebel and anti-Ethiopian local control, Hilale and Calub, situated 120 kilometers South Eastern of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Djibouti President Ismail Omar said that his small country will provide any assistance if the dream to construct a pipeline stretching from Ogaden basin to the Red Sea state’s port to the EU markets came true.

China owned PLY GCL Petroleum investment Limited, signed an agreement with Djibouti to construct a pipeline to transport natural gas from the Occupied-Ogaden to Djibouti through Dire Dawa, just West of the Ogaden.
Under the agreement, China would build two airports for Djibouti and New electric railway that will connect Addis Ababa to Djibouti and nothing for the local people in Ogaden due to the insecurity on the ground or China’s lack of interest to help where its real interests lie, of course, Somali ethnic population that owns the promising Ogaden oil field in the region.
Meanwhile, according to African Intelligence, Delonex Energy, a new company backed by U.S investment group Warburg Puncus, has announced its first licence award , taking blocks 18, 19, and 21 in the Eastern parts of Ogaden region. Covering 29 865m2 in the ferfer region of the Ogaden basin.

On May 6, 2014, United States President Barack Obama invited Djibouti’s dictator Ismail Omar Guelleh to the White House aimed to discuss with the China’s interaction to the small East African State of Djibouti. President Obama pledged $80 Million U.S dollar annually to Ismail Omar Guelleh to help U.S companies invest in Horn of Africa especially Ogaden Basin.

You're feeble minded if you think no foregin power has any interest's in the region.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
It's ridiculous to be talking about taking over territory when the country itself isn't even a fully functioning one.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
It's ridiculous to be talking about taking over territory when the country itself isn't even a fully functioning one.
Exactly we can only blame ourselves and stop living in the past. I notice how somalis always bring up the ogaden war while the victors barely ever do:siilaanyolaugh:

waraabe

Your superior
I know my enemies and xabashi are the end of that list.

Wallahi certain people need to beg their god I don't attain power

IMG_5223.JPG
The Ogaden war was on our collective national psyche? I don't think we will ever see Somalis from all clan and regional walks fighting together as a unit like those days
:jcoleno: :lawd:

You forgot before Ogaden war in 1977, there was Ogaden war 1964 with Ethiopia and before 1964, Ethiopia threatened to annex whole Somalia in 1959. Somalis were in self defence.

At the end of the day I don't heap all the blame on him. He adopted a set of policies and they didn't work. And most importantly, he loved his nation and his people, although that didn't stop him from brutally crushing all dissident. I blame Somalis for not being able to avoid or stop the violence of 1991. We could have simply replaced his administration without the bloodshed. I am not pointing fingers today.

Lot of countries had changed regimes why could not the folk agree in 90s? they were a single tribe who decided to fight each other.

Exactly we can only blame ourselves and stop living in the past. I notice how somalis always bring up the ogaden war while the victors barely ever do:siilaanyolaugh:

You should use "we "instead of Somalis that if you are real Somali not fake one!!!!

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
We might be able to get the Ogaden back if Ethiopia collapse and Balkanizes into many little states. That is the best outcome for us.

Ethiopia is a nation of many different ethnic groups. How could you expect so many people that do not share a language to work together? They have even used starvation to keep the largest ethnic group handcuffed. It is only natural that they break up. Their collapse is long overdue, I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Harer and Dire Dewa will also be a bonus. By ballot referendum or bullets. Real possibility but real question is which flag will fly there :cosbyhmm: Somaliland, Puntland, or Somalia?

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
Somalis need to realise that Somalia would never get Ogaden back and never will. We have to acknowledge that the invasion was a horrible idea and devastated us in the 80s.
I was never a fan of siad barre and his left wing ideology.

I disagree with us never getting back ogaden. We can get our stolen regions if we do it from the inside without an invasion.

The Ogaden area was already won over by the Western Somali Liberation Front before Barre invaded it.

WSLF was winning the war and had control of vast majority of the Ogaden region until siad barre, offically interevened, if he just kept in the shadows of indirect support and kept supplying goods and weapons to Somali galbeed would have already been won by then, but he instead ignored every order of caution and signs & attacked Ethiopia that turned into a country war and it would have been better to dissect it from within and make it into civil war. We already had the upper hand. Similar to how Eritrea and Sudan did it.

Also we would have avoided Soviet involvement in the process by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts