Have We Acknowledged Just How Devastating

Status
Not open for further replies.
:drakewtf:
And what do you hope by achieving in doing that? Losing the war was not the biggest tragedy. It's how we handled it back home

Nothing but I've noticed Ethiopians hate us with a passion their just clever at hiding it

But the eyes and body language always tell the true story

I prefer Eritrean people personally

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Who are you to judge if their not somali or not?

Their somali end of period.

Their share your DNA

You have misunderstood what he meant. He meant they are Ethiopians and Kenyans by nationality and Somali by ethnicity. They should stay where they are.

We'll waste a shit tonne of money and resources that should be going to Somalia on that war. Even if we take Ogaden, there will be heavy sanctions on us and no one will bye the hydrocarbon that we offer them. We'll have to rely on our own resources and like @McLovin said, fix our own shitholes before we fight to have more shitholes.

Well so be it.
I'd rather Somalia don't prosper than foreigners taking control over a Somali territory.
Countries such as China & US have their eyes set on Ogaden & are battling to take control.
And also how about our fallen comrades who died for this cause , back in 1977?
Or are they just victim's of circumstance to you?

You have misunderstood what he meant. He meant they are Ethiopians and Kenyans by nationality and Somali by ethnicity. They should stay where they are.

I see

Wouldn't the same argument apply to us Somalis in the west?

Anyway I'm out I'll leave you guys to discuss the finer points

Galaeri

We have to remember that the man doesn't change the throne, the throne changes him.

At the end of the day I don't heap all the blame on him. He adopted a set of policies and they didn't work. And most importantly, he loved his nation and his people, although that didn't stop him from brutally crushing all dissident. I blame Somalis for not being able to avoid or stop the violence of 1991. We could have simply replaced his administration without the bloodshed. I am not pointing fingers today.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Somaliweyne was the only thing that united us. When that failed we turned back to qabilism.

"I'll kill qabilism. I will rid our lands of this divisive concept so we can can finally unify and rid ourselves of the scoundrels known as the Hawiye"

- Arsene Wegner (2016)

Nothing but I've noticed Ethiopians hate us with a passion their just clever at hiding it

But the eyes and body language always tell the true story

I prefer Eritrean people personally
Ethiopians dont even hate us as much as we hate each other
Ethiopia is a country of many ethnicities, which are much like qabiil over there. Oromos will just hate Tigrays as people and wouldn't hesitate to kill one. Somalis are hated a lot considering our past history with them. But Somalis tend to think every Ethiopian is fixated in destroying Somalis every morning they wake up. They just see us as daarods see Isaaq or hawiye see isaaq.

Galaeri

Ethiopia is a country of many ethnicities, which are much like qabiil over there. Oromos will just hate Tigrays as people and wouldn't hesitate to kill one. Somalis are hated a lot considering our past history with them. But Somalis tend to think every Ethiopian is fixated in destroying Somalis every morning they wake up. They just see us as daarods see Isaaq or hawiye see isaaq.

Somalis say they destroyed us but it's not true, we did it to ourselves. But when they say the Ethiopians have ill intent from Somalia they are not wrong. They are playing these dumb maamuls against each other. They are making sure that we can never stand on our feet. You can't blame them for capitlizing on our situation though.

The average Ethiopian citizen is indifferent about the Somali. It is their state that is trying to destroy us, don't get it twisted.

Well so be it.
I'd rather Somalia don't prosper than foreigners taking control over a Somali territory.
Countries such as China & US have their eyes set on Ogaden & are battling to take control.
And also how about our fallen comrades who died for this cause , back in 1977?
Or are they just victim's of circumstance to you?
lol :ftw9nwa:. No foreign powers give a flying f*ck about some semi arid desert in Africa :drakekidding:
The Somalis died in a war that shouldn't have happened. It's like the dead Americans in Iraq, they were patriotic but the cause wasn't justified which makes their deaths even sadder.
It's a thing of the past and it should stay that way, we don't want another war with Ethiopia as it will cause more negative effects for the region let's not forget how Somalia was ecomically devastastated and Ethiopia had a famine after the war

The Ethiopian government is literally sending beggars to us... It's not even a secret it's a known fact.

They do want to destroy us, they don't want Somalia or Somaliland to ever prosper.

Let them kill eachother I say.

But that's just my opinion and it will never change.

Somalis say they destroyed us but it's not true, we did it to ourselves. But when they say the Ethiopians have ill intent from Somalia they are not wrong. They are playing these dumb maamuls against each other. They are making sure that we can never stand on our feet. You can't blame them for capitlizing on our situation though.

The average Ethiopian citizen is indifferent about the Somali. It is their state that is trying to destroy us, don't get it twisted.
Can you blame them for not wanting the somalis to unite under one banner again? Last time that happened we took control of chased them all the way out of Ogaden and into their mountains in the span of 4 weeks

Galaeri

lol :ftw9nwa:. No foreign powers give a flying f*ck about some semi arid desert in Africa :drakekidding:
The Somalis died in a war that shouldn't have happened. It's like the dead Americans in Iraq, they were patriotic but the cause wasn't justified which makes their deaths even sadder.
It's a thing of the past and it should stay that way, we don't want another war with Ethiopia as it will cause more negative effects for the region let's not forget how Somalia was ecomically devastastated and Ethiopia had a famine after the war

It is important enough that the Soviets and the USA messed around with it in the Cold War. Important enough that Turkey feels the need to pump incredible resources into the country to kickstart it.

Galaeri

Can you blame them for not wanting the somalis to unite under one banner again? Last time that happened we took control of chased them all the way out of Ogaden and into their mountains in the span of 4 weeks

They know the lion of Africa can be defeated by the small nation of Somalia. We are the real lions of Africa.

The Ethiopian government is literally sending beggars to us... It's not even a secret it's a non fact.

They do want to destroy us, they don't want Somalia or Somaliland to ever prosper.

Let them kill eachother I say.

But that's just my opinion and it will never change.
I hate the countries politics but let's remember, if they have another civil war, Somalia will have even more beggars and this time they'll be in the millions.
It's a country of 100 million people, the world can't even handle Syria, imagine how fucked Somalia would be if such an event were to occur

And those beggars were probably oppressed by the Tigrayan regime in their homeland, they're just looking to run off to the Middle East.

It is important enough that the Soviets and the USA messed around with it in the Cold War. Important enough that Turkey feels the need to pump incredible resources into the country to kickstart it.
Back in the Cold War it was important. The other dude is saying that it's still relevant now, Somalis are the only people that care about it in 2016.
Turkey is only looking to use ports and to build a NATO friendly ally in the region since Kenya and Ethiopia are siding with China

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant

Why the f*ck would any real Cushitic Somali agree to the passing over of historically Somali territories and peoples to historically enemy states of Somalia?

:hmm:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Ogaden region is a lot more fertile than Somalia. The whole western Side is mountainous and the south and central region have rivers especially the big Shabelle river. The only arid and desert regions are in the North East so this is not just some useless desert.

It doesn't matter though. Most of the people from that region don't want to join Somalia anyway. We want our own country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts