Has Federalism already failed in Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to keep it real for once trolling aside the current system needs to be overhauled or tweaked so it doesn't look like a clan fiefdom and that would look eerily similar to the old 18 province system.

Their are two major problem areas preventing this system from becoming a reality, the Puntland-Galmudug galkayco border dispute and the Somaliland-Khatuumo-Puntland SSC dispute. Until those two disputes are resolved, the country will never find a system of governance that works.

The only way a functioning central government is remotely possible as of now is if we give the leadership to a neutral clan such as Digil & Mirifle or even Dir. One clan will always complain if the other is in power, this mentality has to end sooner or else we will get further left behind.

Last edited:
Somaha, futhermore he means MJs agreed to it.

I never voted for this crap, neither did any Somali person I know.
I’m mj myself and very much opposed any sort of federalism that is a recipe for chaos

Somalia and Somalis can only function best with centralized government with check and balances

I’m mj myself and very much opposed any sort of federalism that is a recipe for chaos

Somalia and Somalis can only function best with centralized government with check and balances

Good. I am just being honest. The loudest voices for the dastuur change and making Somalia federal government came from MJs.

It isnt qabilist to be honest. For example I have no problem saying that Gedo is hugely underdeveloped and that I commend reer Puntland for developing Puntland way better than Gedo.

Bohol

VIP
It depends. Federalism can work in Darood areas but not Hawiye areas since all Hawiye
are under the sphere of influence of Mogadishu that could proof to be problematic for states
like Galmudug and Hiirshabeele as we see now.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Is it the best system? No, but its the only one that can work. It depends on the spoilers at the FGS who are still fighting to this day going back to different administrations. We all agree Military, foreign affairs, immigration etc goes under the federal government but they gotta lead. Faramaajo and keyre have wasted time beefing with Xaaf while Qoslaye before them was busy trying to dismantle JL. Where is finishing the constitution? Creating an army? Fighting the terrorists? You dont need the weapon embargo lifted to draft soldiers from all over the country. Pay them on time and equip them with the good old teckniko till the terrorists are defeated.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Federalism for 15 million people with the same religion same language same ethnicity Somalia is the laughingstock of the world:drakekidding:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Federalism for 15 million people with the same religion same language same ethnicity Somalia is the laughingstock of the world:drakekidding:

I used to be sad when Somalia was ranked number one most corrupted country in the world. Now we're number two after South Sudan. We've accomplished a lot so stop self-hating.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Last edited:

Shaolin23

I used to be sad when Somalia was ranked number one most corrupted country in the world. Now we're number two after South Sudan. We've accomplished a lot so stop self-hating.
SL should be federal too Awdal Sool Sanaag Toghdeer and Waqooyi Galbeed should have their own presidents parliament and armies too what do you think fam :chrisfreshhah:

Farm

VIP
Somaha, futhermore he means MJs agreed to it.

I never voted for this crap, neither did any Somali person I know.

Develop Gedo instead of begging for centralization that’s never coming back, I won’t develop Gedo for you which is why you want centralization.

Develop Gedo instead of begging for centralization that’s never coming back, I won’t develop Gedo for you which is why you want centralization.

When I said reer Puntland have developed Puntland better I meant they have better housing urban planning.

But dont get it twisted. Puntlanders were the biggest caydh takers from the Kacaan and now the central government. If Siad Barre never built Bosaaso port what would you have by now?

Somalia has had 21 years of Siad Barre and its gonna have 4 or more years of Farmaajo, yet Gedo has gotten a big fat nothing from it. Trust me reer Gedo are never begging any central government to give them anything.

Shaolin23

Your a beggar just like the rest of Somalis you depend on Arabs and NGOs to build things for you stop acting like you raised taxes and invest in yourself like a real government in the world I want Somalia back on the international stage you want to keep us in a state of begging because of your petty tribalism and fake superiority complex

Farm

VIP
When I said reer Puntland have developed Puntland better I meant they have better housing urban planning.

But dont get it twisted. Puntlanders were the biggest caydh takers from the Kacaan and now the central government. If Siad Barre never built Bosaaso port what would you have by now?

Somalia has had 21 years of Siad Barre and its gonna have 4 or more years of Farmaajo, yet Gedo has gotten a big fat nothing from it. Trust me reer Gedo are never begging any central government to give them anything.

You are an idiot, during Barre’s time PL was extremely underdeveloped... to the point where the region was called uninhabitable. Barre with the Italians only built Bosaso port in 1988. PL was developed after the collapse of the central government.

Your a beggar just like the rest of Somalis you depend on Arabs and NGOs to build things for you stop acting like you raised taxes and invest in yourself like a real government in the world I want Somalia back on the international stage you want to keep us in a state of begging because of your petty tribalism and fake superiority complex

I give these people one tiny compliment and they think they are the best thing since sliced bread. :drakelaugh:

Puntlanders are the biggest beggars in Somalia. When Farmaajo confiscated the 10 million dollars from the UAE. Gaas went all the over the media crying about how that money was for Puntland soldiers and how he now cannot pay to feed his soldiers anymore.

And then they have the audacity to talk about begging.

You are an idiot, during Barre’s time PL was extremely underdeveloped... to the point where the region was called uninhabitable. Barre with the Italians only built Bosaso port in 1988. PL was developed after the collapse of the central government.

Newsflash Somalia oo dhan is undeveloped. But your begging led to Siad Barre building the port for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending