Has Federalism already failed in Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
No, the corrupt FGS failed when they tried to dismantle relatively peaceful federal states while they barely control a block in their own capital.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's the law of the land. Somalis agreed to it, it's not questionable and decided. The only question is power-sharing and responsibilities which is what is failing because it hasn't been done as each president prefers the 'blurry' lines as it is easier to get away with your politics but with a ratified constitution and clear boundaries, their will be courts who will impeach the president.

It's really mogadishu who en joys the status quo, remember lawlessness is their mode of politics

It has failed. The federal mooryans need a dictator . Failmaajo needs to put the khat down and unleash the SNA and international community on all federal states . Bring them under control

3 out of 5 federal states are completely broke and PL and JL are on verge of collapse if not for modest income from small ports of Bosaso and Kismayo. These are the words of the former ambassador to Somalia. Federalism is dead .

3 out of 5 federal states are completely broke and PL and JL are on verge of collapse if not for modest income from small ports of Bosaso and Kismayo. These are the words of the former ambassador to Somalia. Federalism is dead .
You're in every thread about the country lying and insulting it.

But on this you have the countries interest in mind? Lol why are you against federalism?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
No it hasn't. The success and the failure of this system depends on the president. It will obviously fail if the president is a stubborn and controlling freak like Farmaajo. Remember, Federalism is the only scheme that could hold Somalia together despite the hatred and division inherited from the civil war.

You're in every thread about the country lying and insulting it.

But on this you have the countries interest in mind? Lol why are you against federalism?

I’m telling the truth, should I link the video for the ambassador saying the same thing? I don’t give a f*ck about the countries interest it’s just a fact 3/5 states are already bankrupt and the other 2 are on verge of collapse. And you guys think federalism is working? :mjlol:

I’m telling the truth, should I link the video for the ambassador saying the same thing? I don’t give a f*ck about the countries interest it’s just a fact 3/5 states are already bankrupt and the other 2 are on verge of collapse. And you guys think federalism is working? :mjlol:
Lool I'm just noticing a pattern

No it hasn't. The success and the failure of this system depends on the president. It will obviously fail if the president is a stubborn and controlling freak like Farmaajo. Remember, Federalism is the only scheme that could hold Somalia together despite the hatred and division inherited from the civil war.
You could argue if you hate each other why even share a country? Its not better to focus on fixing the hate issues than involving a complex system like federalism to nomads?

I prefer Strong Federal States than a weak Federal government in Mogadishu!

It’s good that you prefer that but the problem is both the federal government and the federal states are weak , and now the states are acting like they don’t need the FG. No other option but to crush the federal states

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
You could argue if you hate each other why even share a country? Its not better to focus on fixing the hate issues than involving a complex system like federalism to nomads?
Sharing a country is vital for our ethnic group otherwise our big neighbors will assimilate and eat us up one by one.

This type of tribal federalism is rubbish end of story.

Federalism as a system can work to speed up the development of multiple regions, but Military, Foreign Affairs & National Security should be exlusive to the Central Gov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts