Has anyone thought of sucide.

Madd

Maddd!!!!!
I just wanted to gauge your thoughts on this topic. Have you ever experienced it within your somali community and what effects did it have. I don't know any somalis that have done it.

Last edited:

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
Yea a couple of Somalis that I went to high school with killed themselves over grades and not being able to graduate.

But man was their suicide kept on the low. I still have people asking me about them.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
As a child, I could not even fathom the concept of suicide, until my white teacher taught me about it during primary school.

I feel suicide is not a part of Somali/African culture, and we are taught to survive everything, no matter what.

Madd

Maddd!!!!!
As a child, I could not even fathom the concept of suicide, until my white teacher taught me about it during primary school.

I feel suicide is not a part of Somali/African culture, and we are taught to survive everything, no matter what.
I get you. I had those same views a couple years ago. Tbh I was the typically run of the mill somali guy. I even used to bully this madow guy back in school who was suicidal, I couldn't believe anyone who wasn't white would consider it. But I don't think that way anymore. However I do respect you for your strength. Maybe it's because your strong and am weak unfortunately walaal

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I get you. I had those same views a couple years ago. Tbh I was the typically run of the mill somali guy. I even used to bully this madow guy back in school who was suicidal, I couldn't believe anyone who wasn't white would consider it. But I don't think that way anymore. However I do respect you for your strength. Maybe it's because your strong and am weak unfortunately walaal

Why do you think you are weak? We are all strong.

We made it this far, we will make it farther.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
No way they killed them selves over grades,has to be deeper than that :gucciwhat:

Wallahi dont know man

I remember being in middle school how my teacher would tell us when she was in college, a student hung herself for getting a c in a class. We all laughed. I still dont get it but people's problems may be bigger to them than it will ever be to others.

It could've been over grades but we'll never know.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
An example of our ingrained Somali strength,

I remember being 12 years old and I lost my bus pass, I had no way of getting home that night and to school the next day, but I had to just get home, then I can figure out the rest at least.

A friend of mine said to ask the bus driver to let me on, I said f*ck no, Im gonna sneak on from the back while everyone exists.

Bus arrives, back door opens everyone leaves, and I get on, my friend gets on, I get on the bus we go.

Make it home safe, next few days use change I saved up to take the two buses to my middle school.
Hustled that week in free throw games (like when you would play hoops after school and bet right) after school for cash against the boys, bought a new bus pass.

There was no fucking way I could tell my hoyo I lost my bus pass, we make shit happen no matter fucking what.

And wallahi I believe all somalis have this spirit INSIDE THEM.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
follow-50-tyson-50-tyson-rap-i-tried-committing-suicide-16081353.png

Madd

Maddd!!!!!
An example of our ingrained Somali strength,

I remember being 12 years old and I lost my bus pass, I had no way of getting home that night and to school the next day, but I had to just get home, then I can figure out the rest at least.

A friend of mine said to ask the bus driver to let me on, I said f*ck no, Im gonna sneak on from the back while everyone exists.

Bus arrives, back door opens everyone leaves, and I get on, my friend gets on, I get on the bus we go.

Make it home safe, next few days use change I saved up to take the two buses to my middle school.
Hustled that week in free throw games (like when you would play hoops after school and bet right) after school for cash against the boys, bought a new bus pass.

There was no fucking way I could tell my hoyo I lost my bus pass, we make shit happen no matter fucking what.

And wallahi I believe all somalis have this spirit INSIDE THEM.
No disrespect abayo macan, but alhamdullah you have lived a good life. Tbh when I was a kid I saw shit like people being murdered and stabbed. My friends hooyo getting her head kicked in and my alcoholic dad verbally abusing my hooyo. Tbh my life or what I am is culmination of the fact I come from nothing and am nothing.

I truly believe that all children should be raised in stressed free environment. But unfortunately that weren't the case for me . I seen some crazy shit that I can't get past. But I also wanted to add, I have lurked for a bit and think your a great poster walaal:salute:

I don’t think I could ever commit suicide. As much as I could hate life I’m scared of death. I also can’t imagine putting my family through that.
Even at my low point, I did wish I wasn’t born/alive. However I never seriously thought or contemplated suicide, thankfully I’m the biggest fulaay to exist so it’s not something I could ever do.
Fast forward to today I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. OP I know it’s hard to believe the generic sayings of “there will be better times” but I did somewhat believe in it myself and here I am ❤️

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
I truly believe that all children should be raised in stressed free environment.

You'd think that all of these problems would've been solved before we were born

:bell:

Life is just cruel, which is why I ain't bringing kids into this fucked up world.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
No disrespect abayo macan, but alhamdullah you have lived a good life. Tbh when I was a kid I saw shit like people being murdered and stabbed. My friends hooyo getting her head kicked in and my alcoholic dad verbally abusing my hooyo. Tbh my life or what I am is culmination of the fact I come from nothing and am nothing.

I truly believe that all children should be raised in stressed free environment. But unfortunately that weren't the case for me . I seen some crazy shit that I can't get past. But I also wanted to add, I have lurked for a bit and think your a great poster walaal:salute:

Oh I grew up in the gutter too, don't get it twisted :pachah1: Remember the random dogs chasing us in the ghetto? Seeing people get stabbed and shit, domestic violence, racism within our schools :gucciwhat:, dude read my post about my alcholic loser father, I didn't grow up on a Silver spoon, I grew up eating from my hands!

Also. we didn't come from nothing, the system tried to make us nothing. Think about it like this.

Our PARENTS were the white people of their country, they were the majority, everyone looked like them spoke their language, and they had opportunity galore until the civil war obviously.

But we had to be the first generation of fucking immigrants dealing with white people, hating ass other immigrants, fob parents, poverty, being outsiders, and everything else a normal human being has to deal with.

All my life I heard my parents talk about how wonderful Africa was and how they grew up in opulence and freedom, and their parents gave them everything, meanwhile we live in a fucking housing project starving :kodaksmiley:

I honestly think OUR PARENTS could not have SURVIVED, our child hoods, and that's the raw hard fucking truth. :kodaksmiley:

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth

The question is, as the logical adult you are now, what are you going to do to alleviate your self hate and low self esteem?

The ball is in your court now.

Trending

Latest posts