Harar under Siege like its the middle ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Abaayo, you misunderstood me. Don't believe what the Wikipedia says, no Somalis at that time were powerful enough to replace the throne of the Walashma up in the north. The Walamsha were a powerful ruling Dir dynasty centred in Zeila which Ahmed Gurey came from. Karanle wanted to rebel against the Adal Sultanate but failed.

I mean even the Hawiye failed to rebel the Ajurans in the 16th century so it took them another hundred years to rebel them with the alliance and support from the Rahanweyn and Bimaal.

This is just Somali history at the end of the day.
Lol I noticed you have a habit of casually making things up to suit your narrative, its not Somali history its just your narrative. Regardless, I respect that you also put in a lot of energy defending Somalis when you're not overtaken by clannism.

Lets not further derail this thread.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Lol I noticed you have a habit of casually making things up to suit your narrative, its not Somali history its just your narrative. Regardless, I respect that you also put in a lot of energy defending Somalis when you're not overtaken by clannism.

Lets not further derail this thread.

I made nothing up Uksum Billah. In fact, you can read from a book called "Ethiopia: The Land, Its People, History and Culture". I know Somali history and I get my information from authentic books, you either take it or shut up. This is all basic Somali history. I've noticed you're very rude to other users for no reason and can't simply have a proper dialogue with them. I was being respectful here so I suggest you do the same after slandering me since you can't accept historical facts.

If you learn history. The only group of foreigners that were able to massacre and assimilate the Somalis while looting their land was the Oromos. Somalis have a long border with them and they have a huge population compared to us so Somalis must keep an eye on them. The Habesha was never a threat after Oromos appeared out of nowhere in the 16th century.
This is not true at all. Appear out of nowhere, what?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This is not true at all. Appear out of nowhere, what?

Before the 16th century, nobody knew who Oromos were. They never bordered northern Somalis (Adal Sultanate) or the Habesha (Abyssinia Kingdom).

They managed to conquer much land in less than a century. By the way, once they conquered a territory they would absorb the inhabitant's population and make them Oromo. Study the Oromo migration and you'll understand.

HHF-u6SNSX_NIe8WFwMnXQ.png

The Oromo expansion started in the 16th/17th century . Most of these Oromo today aren't even pure Oromo since they had a habit of assimilating anyone they conquered . By the 19th century our ancestors began a campaign of driving them eastwards whilst also going for land further south and east into nilotic territory

Before the 16th century, nobody knew who Oromos were. They never bordered northern Somalis (Adal Sultanate) or the Habesha (Abyssinia Kingdom).

They managed to conquer much land in less than a century. By the way, once they conquered a territory they would absorb the inhabitant's population and make them Oromo. Study the Oromo migration and you'll understand.

HHF-u6SNSX_NIe8WFwMnXQ.png

You're right about this point. The oromo took advantage of the weakness of both the Adal sultanate and amhara kingdom and moved all over in 16th century.

This is from: "IDENTITY IN ETHIOPIA:THE OROMO FROM THE 16TH TO THE 19TH CENTURY"
arsi3.PNG

The Origins of the Galla and Somali Author(s): Herbert S. Lewis
facts2.PNG

But I've never heard of your other points.
Karanle wanted to rebel against the Adal Sultanate but failed.
Karanle was part of Adal sultanate

Wallahi if we didn't fight back even we might have been assimilated. That's why they're so dangerous they'll overrun a town and make their culture and language the dominant one. Look at the gurage in Ethiopia they speak Oromo and in a few centuries or even decades they'll be seen as common Oromo. The most dangerous thing about Oromos is that they look like us

Keo

VIP
All this time we been saying how the Habesha are our number one enemy but it turns out Oromo is even bigger threat to us.

Yeah Karanle were powerful lords and part of the Adal empire, they were the Garaads of Hobat.

Oromo were always neighbors of Adal, they lived in Mada Walabu which is western Bale in the mountains. They lived immediately west of historical Bale and north-west of Sarar the homeland of the Garre. To the north of Mada Walabu were the Hadiya kingdoms, which were the first place they conquered.

To the south are related people to the Oromo, the Guji of Girja and the Warday of Liban, who spoke a similar language and had similar customs.

For more information please consult my atlas:

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
You're right about this point. The oromo took advantage of the weakness of both the Adal sultanate and amhara kingdom and moved all over in 16th century.

This is from: "IDENTITY IN ETHIOPIA:THE OROMO FROM THE 16TH TO THE 19TH CENTURY"
View attachment 49321

The Origins of the Galla and Somali Author(s): Herbert S. Lewis
View attachment 49320

But I've never heard of your other points.

Karanle was part of Adal sultanate

Thanks for agreeing with me on most stuff but I didn't say Karaanle were not part of Adal Sultanate. Do you know what I meant by rebel sxb?

Yeah Karanle were powerful lords and part of the Adal empire, they were the Garaads of Hobat.

Oromo were always neighbors of Adal, they lived in Mada Walabu which is western Bale in the mountains. They lived immediately west of historical Bale and north-west of Sarar the homeland of the Garre. To the north of Mada Walabu were the Hadiya kingdoms, which were the first place they conquered.

To the south are related people to the Oromo, the Guji of Girja and the Warday of Liban, who spoke a similar language and had similar customs.

Garre have always lived in Gedo but they were pushed into Liban Zone and Mandera region after the Darood expansion. The Garre have traditions of living under the Ajuran & Geledi leadership.

As for Adal Sultanate. They did not have any borders with Oromos up until the 16th century.

Garre have always lived in Gedo but they were pushed into Liban Zone and Mandera region after the Darood expansion. The Garre have traditions of living under the Ajuran & Geledi leadership.

As for Adal Sultanate. They did not have any borders with Oromos up until the 16th century.
The Garre I have talked to don't mention the Ajuran or Geledi, they do talk about being driven from Sarar by war (probably the Ahmed Gurey wars) and migrating south to Jubaland, then crossing the Juba due to attacks from the Borana, then in recent centuries migrating back across the Juba to where they primarily live today.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The Garre I have talked to don't mention the Ajuran or Geledi, they do talk about being driven from Sarar by war (probably the Ahmed Gurey wars) and migrating south to Jubaland, then crossing the Juba due to attacks from the Borana, then in recent centuries migrating back across the Juba to where they primarily live today.

It's not about who you talk to but learning their traditions. Garre have always lived in Gedo and last time I checked Gedo used to be governed by Ajuran Empire and Geledi Sultanate.

Here is another evidence that ancient Garre people lived in Gedo.

RAX5-7BDSEuhHCro-gQEmw.png

As for the map. I know you made it and it's not bad but it has few errors for example the southern province used to be called Kismayo which was a major Ajuran port, not Juba. That name was for the entire river lol. As for the area you written "Majerteen" was never known as Majerteenia but was actually shared by various of Daroods since that time Darood was one united clan that lived in one corner and I heard they had city-state provinces such as Hafun, Galgala and Eyl.

Thanks for agreeing with me on most stuff but I didn't say Karaanle were not part of Adal Sultanate. Do you know what I meant by rebel sxb?

There were Karanle sultans of Adal. What you're saying doesn't make sense, what rebellion?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
There were Karanle sultans of Adal. What you're saying doesn't make sense, what rebellion?

Are you serious now? Do you know who ruled Adal Sultanate? It was the Walashma Dynasty. Karanle had a vessel state with their own sultans which was part of Adal Sultanate. When you fight against the rulers isn't that considered rebelling? The Karanle fought against the Walashma Dynasty but lost. Remember when Hawiye fought against Ajuran, wasn't that considered rebelling too? Seriously, it's not that hard to think. I've given you the reference so just check it out.

Garre scattered into different groups after the long migration known as Geedi Guur when they fled from Borana hegemony . Remnants of Garre are found in many clans in the South and amongst the Gabbra. They are not one monolithic group who live in location .

Are you serious now? Do you know who ruled Adal Sultanate? It was the Walashma Dynasty. Karanle had a vessel state with their own sultans which was part of Adal Sultanate. When you fight against the rulers isn't that considered rebelling? The Karanle fought against the Walashma Dynasty but lost. Remember when Hawiye fought against Ajuran, wasn't that considered rebelling too? Seriously, it's not that hard to think. I've given you the reference so just check it out.
No, they had Sultans of the whole of Adal itself. So you mean the same battle for the throne mentioned in that article earlier posted? The one Axmed Gurey himself was involved in? Lol okay. You're again just saying whatever suits your narrative, which is why you keep on bringing up Ajuraan in a discussion about Adal.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
No, they had Sultans of the whole of Adal itself. So you mean the same battle for the throne mentioned in that article earlier posted? The one Axmed Gurey himself was involved in? Lol okay. You're again just saying whatever suits your narrative, which is why you keep on bringing up Ajuraan in a discussion about Adal.

What are you smoking? You don't know any history, you're making a fool out of yourself right now. Karanle never ruled Adal Sultanate in the entirety Adal history. Walamsha Dynasty governed both Ifat & Adal Sultanate until the end of 1577. There was no other dynasty so you're clearly speaking out of your ass. I already gave you a reference about Karanle so my words were truthful unlike yours.

Are you Hawiye? You're tribalistic revisionism is starting to show again. You're the one trying to fit in your own narrative.

"The Walashma dynasty was a medieval Muslim dynasty of the Horn of Africa. It governed the Ifat and Adal Sultanates in what are present-day northern Somalia, Djibouti and eastern Ethiopia."

Source: J. Spencer Trimingham, Islam in Ethiopia (Oxford: Geoffrey Cumberlege for the University Press, 1952), page. 74

Adal had no other dynasty apart from Walashma. That is a fact. Now move along. Karanle only ruled a vessel of Adal which they settle in, stop twisting history.

Lastly, Ahmed Gurrey was apart from the Walashma so don't try claim he was Karanle too lmfao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts