Haplogroup J-P58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
heard some Warsengeli's carry it
That's a Sick haplogroup They are truee arabs

I have also spotted one guy from Hargeisa who is Isaaq or perhaps from some minority clan from Harar who also carries it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Confirmed, I have some Arab Salax relatives on the 23andMe platform who carry it and as you said, they are autosomally extremely Somalized.

I have also spotted one guy from Hargeisa who is Isaaq or perhaps from some minority clan from Harar who also carries it.

Confirmed, I have some Arab Salax relatives on the 23andMe platform who carry it and as you said, they are autosomally extremely Somalized.

Seems like a few South Semites like the Arab Saalax managed to be absorbed into eastern Darood clans. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for some minor coastal Isaaq subclans as well, like Reer Dood of HJ. I wouldn't be surprised to find J-haplogroup or some ancient E1b1b subclades.

@Apollo

If the Eurasian ancestry in Somalis is closest to Arab Bedouins, how come there's very little genetic affinity between Somalis and Arabs of the Arabian peninsula?

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo

If the Eurasian ancestry in Somalis is closest to Arab Bedouins, how come there's very little genetic affinity between Somalis and Arabs of the Arabian peninsula?

I am of the opinion that almost all of it is from areas near Egypt. Even the Somali T question has not been resolved due to low sampling from the relevant region. Neolithic Egyptians and Neolithic South Levantines (of which Arabians descend) were related so this causes a lot of confusion.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@Apollo

somalis dont share close genetic affinity with people from the middle east, they come from the horn and they are closely related to horn of africans( oromos habeshas afars) and distantly to north africans and middle easterners.

Arab theory is debunkt long ago :noneck:

I am of the opinion that almost all of it is from areas near Egypt. Even the Somali T question has not been resolved due to low sampling from the relevant region. Neolithic Egyptians and Neolithic South Levantines (of which Arabians descend) were related so this causes a lot of confusion.

Are you saying the ancestors of the Egyptians, Levantines and Early Cushitic-Speakers were of the same stock?

Apollo

VIP
Are you saying the ancestors of the Egyptians, Levantines and Early Cushitic-Speakers were of the same stock?

Broadly speaking, yes, with some differences differentiating them.

I would also include Berbers/Aboriginal Maghrebis into this before they got Iberian admixture from Neolithic Iberians who entered the Maghreb.

Broadly speaking, yes, with some differences differentiating them.

Interesting. What sorts of differences would you mean? And are there any modern populations that are closest in genes and phenotype to these ancient people?
I would also include Berbers/Aboriginal Maghrebis into this before they got Iberian admixture from Neolithic Iberians who entered the Maghreb.

The Iberomaurisian/Capsians?

Apollo

VIP
Interesting. What sorts of differences would you mean? And are there any modern populations that are closest in genes and phenotype to these ancient people?

From what I gather, Bedouins from the Negev desert in Israel have the most % of this ancient pan-Afro-Asiatic autosomal component. But be aware that they have SSA servant groups among them (outliers). In the HGDP set of Negev Bedouins one outlier clusters with Sudanese people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending