Halimo adan mother not happy about her modeling career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
as single mother, raising young kids, Xaliimo’s mother relayed heavily on government handouts.

Her ambitious daughter somehow made it to the top of the modeling industry with her nietzsche.

The hooyo is now conflicted between her society’s taboos and the good money rolling in. ( her society’s expectations is what she fears the most and not really the Deen. The Deen is an excuse. We Somalis die for what our hers thing of us ).

In this documentary Halima’s mom pretends that she opposed to it but one must wonder who bought the new couch and other home appliances. There had been an upgrade.

Mother moved from the Cedar riverside ghetto to see he suburb but she is opposed to her modeling. How you gonna devour that money made from modeling but yet use religion premises to oppose it.

Hijabi model lool. You couldnt make it up. But as others have said....modeling is very seedy world. Drugs and used for sex is extremely common

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
kkkkkkkkkkkk typical Somali mother!

She put on show for her defectors in town just so she can later say “I was never ok with it. As a matter of fact I once told a video crew that”.

The money is just too good.

She can go to Hajj with it, I mean you have somali corrupt officials at the Hajj on a daily basis

Science doesn't say you become an adult once you get your period; that's just when you're able to reproduce. The concept of adulthood is a social construct and the requirements to be considered as an adult varies across societies. An adult is not just someone who has hit puberty; it's also someone who has mentally matured and can take care of themselves. Puberty is not an indicator of adulthood. A 10 year old who was hit puberty is no less of a child than a 10 year old who hasn't. No 10 year old can be considered as an adult.

I thought you said you were gaal in another thread :what1:

World

VIP
She put on show for her defectors in town just so she can later say “I was never ok with it. As a matter of fact I once told a video crew that”.

The money is just too good.

She can go to Hajj with it, I mean you have somali corrupt officials at the Hajj on a daily basis
Going to Hajj with haram money? :kodaksmiley:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Science doesn't say you become an adult once you get your period; that's just when you're able to reproduce. The concept of adulthood is a social construct and the requirements to be considered as an adult varies across societies. An adult is not just someone who has hit puberty; it's also someone who has mentally matured and can take care of themselves. Puberty is not an indicator of adulthood. A 10 year old who was hit puberty is no less of a child than a 10 year old who hasn't. No 10 year old can be considered as an adult.

You’ve contradicted yourself. First you say the concept of adulthood hood is a social construct and that it varies across different societies, then you say a 10 year old is still a child. But according to what and who? If it’s your opinions, can you please write ‘in my opinion a 10 year old is still a child’ instead of making it sound like it’s a fact.

Also, we weren’t originally arguing about what a child is, we were arguing about when a person should be allowed to get married. Fertility is the only scientific indication you have as to when a person should get married, so a 10 year old who has hit puberty should be able to get married. Don’t you agree

Kratos

Sonder
You’ve contradicted yourself. First you say the concept of adulthood hood is a social construct and that it varies across different societies, then you say a 10 year old is still a child. But according to what and who? If it’s your opinions, can you please write ‘in my opinion a 10 year old is still a child’ instead of making it sound like it’s a fact.

Also, we weren’t originally arguing about what a child is, we were arguing about when a person should be allowed to get married. Fertility is the only scientific indication you have as to when a person should get married, so a 10 year old who has hit puberty should be able to get married. Don’t you agree

You said that since society's beliefs are subjective, you can't use that to define what a child is and that childhood should be defined by science i.e when you hit puberty. My point was that childhood/adulthood are not solely determined by puberty because they are social constructs hence they have to be determined by society. In almost all societies in the world adulthood does not just refer to sexual maturity but extends to full psychological and physical maturity and for good reason. Your logic is that just because a child is biologically able to reproduce they should be allowed to get married. The problem with that is that most 9-10 year olds can't even give birth anyway without being at risk of dying due to their bodies not being fully developed. How the hell is a 9 year old going to be a mother? How do you expect a 10 year old to handle the mental pressures of marriage? How do you expect them to live up to the responsibilities of having children and looking after their families? Fertility is not the only scientific indication to get married. You have to take into account physical and mental maturity. Your definition of what constitutes an adult is poor and needs re-evaluating.

Last edited:

Hammond

It's never that deep
You said that since societies beliefs are subjective, you can't use that to define what a child is and that childhood should be defined by science i.e when you hit puberty. My point was that childhood/adulthood are not determined by puberty because they are social constructs hence they have to be determined by society. In almost all societies in the world adulthood does not just refer to sexual maturity but extends to full psychological and physical maturity and for good reason. Your logic is that just because a child is biologically able to reproduce they should be allowed to get married. The problem with that is that most 9-10 year olds can't even give birth anyway without being at risk of dying due to their bodies not being fully developed. How the hell is a 9 year old going to be a mother? How do you expect a 10 year old to handle the mental pressures of marriage? How do you expect them to live up to the responsibilities of having children and looking after their families? Fertility is not the only scientific indication to get married. You have to take into account physical and mental maturity. Your definition of what constitutes an adult is poor and needs re-evaluating.
You just pulled what she was pulling on all of us:ohhh:

“I can’t believe how much my mom changed how accepting she’s become”

When you don’t want your daughter to be out there like that but still like the money that’s coming it. Stop being hypocritical choose one or then other. Deen or Dunya, for Somalis deen is just a front for reputation most of them really don’t care deep down. When she said “my deen doesn’t allow for that” it’s code word for saying the habars will be calling my daughter a .

Gambar

VIP
Halima is doing well for herself financially so she could very well leave modeling behind and create a business like a makeup brand and have children. If her mother said stay home and have babies I would think her mother is just being cruel but she is not.

The modeling industry is evil and Halima already got something out of it so she might as well leave and start a business instead of continuing further. It’s hypocritical to be a hijabi model anyway but it’s her life.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
@Daughter of samaale damn i thought we finally got rid of your headass :ohlord:

What happened to leaving SS I knew you were lying.

Anyways I asked you if you would let your 12 year daughter who has her period marry a 60 year old and you said no. Why not? By your logic your daughter is a woman :rolleyes:.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
You said that since society's beliefs are subjective, you can't use that to define what a child is and that childhood should be defined by science i.e when you hit puberty. My point was that childhood/adulthood are not determined by puberty because they are social constructs hence they have to be determined by society. In almost all societies in the world adulthood does not just refer to sexual maturity but extends to full psychological and physical maturity and for good reason. Your logic is that just because a child is biologically able to reproduce they should be allowed to get married. The problem with that is that most 9-10 year olds can't even give birth anyway without being at risk of dying due to their bodies not being fully developed. How the hell is a 9 year old going to be a mother? How do you expect a 10 year old to handle the mental pressures of marriage? How do you expect them to live up to the responsibilities of having children and looking after their families? Fertility is not the only scientific indication to get married. You have to take into account physical and mental maturity. Your definition of what constitutes an adult is poor and needs re-evaluating.

Okay so you’re basically against 10 year olds getting married because you don’t think they’re mentally mature and also because the girl is less likely to give birth?

Firstly, mental maturity can’t be measured nor can someone determine when another person is mentally mature. If a person says they are mentally mature, you can’t disprove their claim and so if a 10 year old girl thinks she is mentally mature, then as far as I’m aware, she’s mature.

Secondly, I said the best indication we have to determine when a person becomes of age is puberty, because fertility is a sign of physical maturity. Yes, a 10 year old girl will face difficulties whilst giving birth and may even die, however it’s still possible.
40+ women who get pregnant also face the same risks, yet I don’t see anyone crying about women trying to get pregnant at the age of 40.

There is nothing wrong with young people getting married.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
@Daughter of samaale damn i thought we finally got rid of your headass :ohlord:

What happened to leaving SS I knew you were lying.

Anyways I asked you if you would let your 12 year daughter who has her period marry a 60 year old and you said no. Why not? By your logic your daughter is a woman :rolleyes:.

I wouldn’t force my child to marry anyone. However, if I have a daughter and she has hit puberty and wants to marry a 60 year old, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.