She would rather her daughter was 18 and pregnant

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
5560.jpg

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
You can think that but saying you would rather her be 18 and pregnant is stupid AF
But he's technically correct. The modeling industry is notoriously corrupt, with loads of scandalous aspects to the industry. If I had a daughter, I'd personally be against her being in the industry, due to it's reputation.

If the industry itself is cleaned up with complete transparency, with contracts that are easy to follow as to allow her to work under her own conditions with dignity, I'd be all for it. But until those conditions are met, I'd disapprove as well.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Modelling industry is devilish and evil, what a smart mom.

@Inquisitive should know about this more

Muji

VIP
But he's technically correct. The modeling industry is notoriously corrupt, with loads of scandalous aspects to the industry. If I had a daughter, I'd personally be against her being in the industry, due to it's reputation.

If the industry itself is cleaned up with complete transparency, with contracts that are easy to follow as to allow her to work under her own conditions with dignity, I'd be all for it. But until those conditions are met, I'd disapprove as well.

Ok let me say this again having that opinion is fine but saying she wishes her daughter was 18 and pregnant is dumb AF. The mother believes a woman should only exist to become a baby factory.

Her mom knows these models get flown around just to suck some and get fucked and of course take a couple pictures just to give some legitimacy to the charade. Being a model is like auditioning for a Harvey Weinstein or bill Cosby role all the time .

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Ok let me say this again having that opinion is fine but saying she wishes her daughter was 18 and pregnant is dumb AF. The mother believes a woman should only exist to become a baby factory.
I agree that is dumb.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP

There’s nothing wrong with priotising having children.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
@ 18????

No wonder we have a single mother epidemic. Good luck if you’re planning to give birth soon before you finish university naya. I’m not paying tax so you can give birth to 9 kids by the time you’re 23.

Wow, what kinda feminists are you?

If I want to have children then it’s up to me, you can’t dictate whether I should have children or not. Feminism is all about choice, isn’t it?

Kratos

Sonder
Wearing makeup and modelling is contradictory to the purpose of the hijab in the first place. It's understandable why her mother is unhappy. I'm surprised she was even allowed to do it in the first place. She must be making some good money.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Wearing makeup and modelling is contradictory to the purpose of the hijab in the first place. It's understandable why her mother is unhappy. I'm surprised she was even allowed to do it in the first place. She must be making some good money.
I thought the purpose of the hijab was to express modesty.

If the photos she produces are devoid of immodesty, then technically, she'd be maintaining the purpose of her hijab while acting as a model.

Kratos

Sonder
I thought the purpose of the hijab was to express modesty.

If the photos she produces are devoid of immodesty, then technically, she'd be maintaining the purpose of her hijab while acting as a model.

Hijab and modesty is not just clothes, it extends to behaviour as well. If the purpose of the photographs and the make up is to sell or promote a product by attracting attention with her beauty then it does run in contradiction to the purpose of the hijab. Also within the industry itself she will always be in contact with men, free-mixing and doing cat-walks in front of men and women. Women aren't even supposed to leave the house without a male mahram. This whole hijabi fashion industry is an attempt to compromise between conservative Islamic values and western standards of fashion/beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.