Hair Gurus, Come Through

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Castor oil is quite thick. Any tips on how to apply it on hair, without making it weighed down or look greasy? How much should I use?

You can mix castor oil with another oil like coconut or evoo so it isn’t too thick. I usually leave it overnight and then rinse with water.

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
You can mix castor oil with another oil like coconut or evoo so it isn’t too thick. I usually leave it overnight and then rinse with water.

Alright, I’ll try that. You basically use it as an overnight oil treatment?

That’s terrible advice. You shouldn’t shampoo and condition after deep conditioning. You should shampoo, deep condition and then rinse with water.

I use the aloe as a pre poo. I don't like the smell particularly and rather not apply it on my hair after its been cleaned. I do a hot oil treatment after the conditioning part.

Duchess

VIP
Alright, I’ll try that. You basically use it as an overnight oil treatment?

Yes. Google diy deep conditioning so you can make your own too.

I use the aloe as a pre poo. I don't like the smell particularly and rather not apply it on my hair after its been cleaned. I do a hot oil treatment after the conditioning part.

How often do you shampoo?

I’m a male lakeen I will offer my personal advice
Last 2 weeks I started to apply subag to my hair
And the growth of my hair not only doubled but tripled over the course of the last few weeks
I think u should give it a try

And the growth of my hair not only doubled but tripled over the course of the last few weeks

I've applied it once on my hair but can't remember the outcome. How often do you use it and do you wash it afterwards ?

Duchess

VIP

Did you use the ghee as a hair mask or for styling?

I've applied it once on my hair but can't remember the outcome. How often do you use it and do you wash it afterwards ?
this is the biggest mistake people do
DONT EVER WASH IT OFF
Keep it on as long as u can
After 2-3 days shampoo ur hair for 5-10 mins and it’ll be clean
U will realize that ur hair is very coarse and kind of ‘damaged’ but this is completely part of the process
After around 5-6 hours After ur shower
put subag again and that’s about it
Repeat the process
But it will first thicken ur hair before it lets it grow which is better because it’ll have a stronger foundation and future hair loss will be prevented
I use to shower everyday lakeen I stop Following this process lakeen I’m still pretty much clean

Royalflush

novacane
How many times, per day, do you take biotin?
Once a day
F673DD2C-AE34-4617-9763-FDD0DFA4CA62.png

Duchess

VIP
I just put it on really
It’s not ghee
It’s subag
Don’t mix it up please
I think u have a rough idea what subag is as a Somali

How long do you leave it on is what I’m asking. Ghee is gaining popularity as a hair mask.

Chun Li

under construction 😈💖
Did you use the ghee as a hair mask or for styling?
I just put it on really
It’s not ghee
It’s subag
Don’t mix it up please
I think u have a rough idea what subag is as a Somali
How long do you leave it on is what I’m asking. Ghee is gaining popularity as a hair mask.

What’s the difference between subag & ghee? I thought they were the same thing. Also, does the hair mask not have a strong stench?

Trending