Guys.....Is this true?

View attachment 261745
Saw this on reddit. Now that I think about it, we are the only islamic ethnicity who hugely practices polygamy.:jaynerd::dwill: I've never seen desi people with more than 1 wife. The only other people besides us I can think of are arabs. Even many of them aren't as practicing of polygamy like us. However, Thank god we don't look down on divorcees like the other Islamic ethnicities! since there is always a possibility of me ending up divorced looooool! :mjlol: :deadrose: :deadrose: :dead::deadpeter:

The main reason is not Somalis are open to Polygamy(Or not) but having a culture that doesn't look down on divorced women. Somalis have little discrimination against their women compared to other countries and cultures including the west. They are more protective of women and considered mistreating them in anyway akin to being IGNOBLE. They have such endearing names for women like Xawoley(EVE Related), Bilcaan(Noted/Famous Moon) etc as if to say without them nation and in this case human race wouldn't exist. As somalis adopted western and a more corrupt individualistic cultures, naturally you find them abuse women just like their hosts, but in general, Somalis in Somalia are sensitive to women's needs.

If a woman screamed in a public place for help, almost all able bodied people around would come to her aide. If the perpetrator was a male, Lord had mercy on him. Such noble culture we all descended from.

Last edited:
A man who frequently divorces women on the other hand, is looked down upon in the Somali culture. Most people would warn their female relatives against marrying such a man. He is considered a loser and someone who lays waste to women's dignity. No sane family would let him marry their daughter.

mrlog

VIP
We learnt it from the arabs. They practice polygamy heavy. Some even practice the shia 1 day marriage contracts.

I work with this iraqi guy and he said in his youth he'd drive to iran and set up a 3day marriage contract.

We are mild in comparison to them. They even sell their wives to pay off debts.
:mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not true. I don’t even know that many Somalis that practice polygamy. Stop spreading lies. Maybe back home where women don’t have many options. At end of the day it depends on what you accept as a lady. As soon as he acts different you know there is someone else. Leave.

Trending

Latest posts