Girl went frm living in St.Clouds ( section-8 town) 2 the the cover of Iman's magazine.Ka-ching-chin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always these same people that complain that Islam is portrayed in a wrong way in the media because of terrorist organizations like ISIS.
But when we finally get somebody that's actually portraying us in a good light than she's haram, indecent, etc. Pick a damn side.

Can someone not portray islam in the media as positive wihout breaking the rules of islam?

Meh kudos to her she got her mom out of poverty and living in a nice area, somali hoyos really deserve to
have an easy life with so much they had to endure.
In contrast, I would never let my daughter ever do something like that

Can someone not portray islam in the media as positive wihout breaking the rules of islam?
Did she say she was representing Islam though? She's not a Muslim brand ambassador.
She's just a girl whose trying to live her dreams while staying true to herself.
Since y'all are hating so much go ahead and become something and take your holier than thou attitudes with you too.

It's always these same people that complain that Islam is portrayed in a wrong way in the media because of terrorist organizations like ISIS.
But when we finally get somebody that's actually portraying us in a good light than she's haram, indecent, etc. Pick a damn side.

Exactly! It irritates me to no end on how judgemental Muslims can be, especially when it comes to women and what they can and can't do. Not only do we have to deal with shit from non-Muslims because of the whole "terrorist" and "oppressed" stereotype, but we get flack from our own people too no matter what we do. Whatever happened to leaving the judging up to Allah?

The point of this whole thing and the reason why she's so getting so much attention is that she's doing what she wants to do WITHOUT having to compromise her principles. Instead of just conforming and wearing what other models wear, she's showing people that diversity and modesty is beautiful. If you can't see that then fine, but don't try to make it seem like she's committing some major sin when all she's doing is being herself. And she's actually doing good things islamically as well by inspiring young girls to take up hijab and not feel uncomfortable wearing one.

But she is compromising her principles because she's doing something that is deemed impermissible by her religion.

This isn't based on interpretation. She has taken a symbol of modesty and associated it with something that is inappropriate for a Muslim woman. She could potentially be misleading a lot of young girls by her actions and they might think it's okay to be a hijabi and a model.

Btw this "only God can judge me"business isn't from Islam. How are we supposed to correct each other if we can't judge by what is apparent? We can't judge what is in a person's heart - their imaan but we can judge their actions and give them advice because that's our duty as Muslims.

It's really as simple as minding your own business and not trying to antagonize people based on your interpretation on what is halal or not. You are entitled to your opinion but to say someone is "plastering ass and breasts" when they did nothing of the sort just because you think that modelling and hijab doesn't mix is, frankly, stupid.

Seriously, do you have comprehension problems? I'm not criticizing her for modelling. It's her choice and I don't know her. I was just saying you can't have your cake and eat it. You can't claim to be a modest muslimah and walk around catwalks at the same time.

P.s. this is a public forum. This woman chose to put herself in the limelight, so people can say what they like about her. I'm really not understanding this oversensitivity about a woman who doesn't even know you exist.

But she is compromising her principles because she's doing something that is deemed impermissible by her religion.

This isn't based on interpretation. She has taken a symbol of modesty and associated it with something that is inappropriate for a Muslim woman. She could potentially be misleading a lot of young girls by her actions and they might think it's okay to be a hijabi and a model.

Btw this "only God can judge me"business isn't from Islam. How are we supposed to correct each other if we can't judge by what is apparent? We can't judge what is in a person's heart - their imaan but we can judge their actions and give them advice because that's our duty as Muslims.

Can you tell me where in the Quran it says "do not model" or anything along those lines? I really would like to see the proof. Otherwise it just seems like y'all are looking for reasons to tear this girl down under the guise of giving religious advice.

As I said in an earlier post, if she is dressed and acts modestly and doesn't do anything that is directly against the rules of Islam then what exactly is the problem? Just because you personally can't see a hijabi modelling doesn't automatically make it haram.

this entire thread just proves who cancerous islam truly is. but thats neither here nor there :gnzbryw:

Muslims believe nobody can judge you but allah. they see a girl wearing a hijab PROUDLY, then turn around and attack her. who are you to decide she's not following islam perfectly? did allah text you the perfect formula to get to jannah? she says she's muslim, you no nothing about her life, she's wearing a hijab yet you still look for reasons to denounce her muslamicnimo

and if modelling is the issue then youve clearly not seen her in the kanye fashion show, she wore an oversized fur coat, you could barely even see her ankles. so i fail to see how walking and being FULLY COVERED can be interpreted as the ultimate sin. y'all stupid af and make your religion look worse then already does.

Dbe8AcY.gif

this entire thread just proves who cancerous islam truly is. but thats neither here nor there :gnzbryw:

Muslims believe nobody can judge you but allah. they see a girl wearing a hijab PROUDLY, then turn around and attack her. who are you to decide she's not following islam perfectly? did allah text the perfect formula to get to jannah? she says she's muslim, you no nothing about her life, she's wearing a hijab yet you still look for reasons to denounce her muslamicnimo

and if modelling is the issue then youve clearly not seen her in the kanye fashion show, she wore an oversized fur coat, you could barely even see her ankles. so i fail to see how walking and being FULLY COVERED can be interpreted as the ultimate sin. y'all stupid af and make your religion look worse then already does.

Dbe8AcY.gif
This is a muslim discussion. No one is asking for your opinion you kaafirad :hahaidiot:

Can you tell me where in the Quran it says "do not model" or anything along those lines? I really would like to see the proof. Otherwise it just seems like y'all are looking for reasons to tear this girl down under the guise of giving religious advice.

As I said in an earlier post, if she is dressed and acts modestly and doesn't do anything that is directly against the rules of Islam then what exactly is the problem? Just because you personally can't see a hijabi modelling doesn't automatically make it haram.

The Quran doesn't explicitly prohibit alcohol either but no Muslim would argue that it is okay to drink. Sis, do you know the requirements of hijab? If you do then it's impossible to wear correct hijab and model. Especially the type of modelling that she is doing.

Dress modestly? She's wearing tight fitted clothes which show her body shape, she will be walking seductively and look at that pose in the picture. Hijab isn't just a piece of cloth you wrap on your head. It should be reflected in our actions and behaviour too. There needs to be hayaa.

And as they say, when you give them an inch...

Did she say she was representing Islam though? She's not a Muslim brand ambassador.
She's just a girl whose trying to live her dreams while staying true to herself.
Since y'all are hating so much go ahead and become something and take your holier than thou attitudes with you too.

Your the one that said she is portraying us muslims in a good way. Now she your saying she is a girl living her dreams. Which one is it?

She is being portrayed as an muslim ambassador if you read the articles. This is why we're speaking. She doesnt represent us, she is being forced upon us.

@Knowthyself you not even one of us, I dont why your joining this discussion.:camby:

next she will do hijab , and the ladies here will defend her because she's representing the muslim community. war wuxu cagli xumaa

Islam doesnt outline all the sins one could commit. Its like saying does the quran say we cant smoke weed?

The Quran doesn't explicitly prohibit alcohol either but no Muslim would argue that it is okay to drink. Sis, do you know the requirements of hijab? If you do then it's impossible to wear correct hijab and model. Especially the type of modelling that she is doing.

Dress modestly? She's wearing tight fitted clothes which show her body shape, she will be walking seductively and look at that pose in the picture. Hijab isn't just a piece of cloth you wrap on your head. It should be reflected in our actions and behaviour too. There needs to be hayaa.

And as they say, when you give them an inch...

Okay then, but why try to give advice that she will never read :what1:With how hard it is to wear hijab these days, let alone wearing it as a model, it really is a good thing to see a girl wear it so proudly.

A big reason of why girls don't wear the hijab/ take off the hijab is because they are expected to act like angels and are judged constantly by other Muslims. People are always trying to police how females wear the hijab as if they are Allah. Therefore it's a lot better to just focus on your deen and try to better yourself than to "advice" someone who you don't even know.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

Muslims believe nobody can judge you but allah. they see a girl wearing a hijab PROUDLY, then turn around and attack her. who are you to decide she's not following islam perfectly? did allah text you the perfect formula to get to jannah? she says she's muslim, you no nothing about her life, she's wearing a hijab yet you still look for reasons to denounce her muslamicnimo

Dbe8AcY.gif

Who said only Allah can judge you? What do you think the point of Sharia courts are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts