Girl went frm living in St.Clouds ( section-8 town) 2 the the cover of Iman's magazine.Ka-ching-chin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adeer I'm talking abt how her mom came out right after the beauty pageant and said " she was reprehensible about this whole thing and my daughter will have to put a stop to it ". This went out of the window when the agent called and said "$240k to walk at yeezy's fashion ". Hooyo had a 360 turn around :chrisfreshhah:

I haven't been following the story too closely. Was her mom really against her competing in the pageant initially?

Honestly, this is the problem when you slap your girls in a hijab at the age of 3. All of Minnesota were born in a hijab so they take t for granted. They don't understand it's purpose or what it's for. So they rebel later in life. Or make a mockery of it by doing shit like this. Goddamn shame.

So how far should we stray to appease others? It's not a fashion accessory and something you just wrap around your head.

People will never accept you especially when you can't adhere to your own principles.

None of us are perfect Muslims so that's a moot point but even an atheist knows this is not the purpose of hijab.
:ayaanswag:
Again you don't make any sense. No woman goes through the hardships of wearing the hijab along with all the judgement and stigma associated with it just as a "fashion accessory".
If you don't like it keep it pushing nobody asked you to look at her pictures.
But it's beneath you to try to tear her down.

So how far should we stray to appease others? It's not a fashion accessory and something you just wrap around your head.

People will never accept you especially when you can't adhere to your own principles.

None of us are perfect Muslims so that's a moot point but even an atheist knows this is not the purpose of hijab.

The point of this whole thing and the reason why she's so getting so much attention is that she's doing what she wants to do WITHOUT having to compromise her principles. Instead of just conforming and wearing what other models wear, she's showing people that diversity and modesty is beautiful. If you can't see that then fine, but don't try to make it seem like she's committing some major sin when all she's doing is being herself. And she's actually doing good things islamically as well by inspiring young girls to take up hijab and not feel uncomfortable wearing one.

i don't see the point either of the hijab, imo it kind of ruins the look of the clothes.

If she doesn't lose it soon, these fashion magazines will drop her as soon as this gimmick gets old.

Both allow of interpretations and in the end only god can be just judge of its meaning

Also keep in mind that the men who push for restrictive wear does it as extension of male dominance rather than religious duty

There is no interpretation that allows a Muslim woman to model.

This has nothing to do with controlling men but it is from the Islamic texts and rulings.

Wears a Hijab for modesty. Has her arse and breasts plastered all over the internet and fashion magazines. #XaliimoLogic.
Akaas typical faraax logic trying to tear down a successful Somali woman down.
:susp:
I'm sorry but what have y'all done for the community other than be a menace to society?
We have the first Somali woman lawmaker in the country and so much more. So again what have y'all done?
Nothing.

Akaas typical faraax logic trying to tear down a successful Somali woman down.
:susp:
I'm sorry but what have y'all done for the community other than be a menace to society?
We have the first Somali woman lawmaker in the country and so much more. So again what have y'all done?
Nothing.

:ayaanswag:Lol. Where am I tearing her down? If she wants to be a model, more power to her. I'm just saying being model is not conducive to Islamic values. I noticed you didn't address my point but went on the usual airhead xaliimo tirade against Somali men.:mjlol:

:ayaanswag:
Again you don't make any sense. No woman goes through the hardships of wearing the hijab along with all the judgement and stigma associated with it just as a "fashion accessory".
If you don't like it keep it pushing nobody asked you to look at her pictures.
But it's beneath you to try to tear her down.

It's you that's making no sense at all. Tear her down? Did I insult her? All I said was that her actions are incorrect as a hijabi. Islam is not based on our whims and desires. There are rules and regulations.

We're allowed to judge based on what is apparent. You do that here all the time, but you police what others say when it isn't to your liking?

Wears a Hijab for modesty. Has her arse and breasts plastered all over the internet and fashion magazines. #XaliimoLogic.

Where exactly have you seen ass and breasts?? Y'all haters truly are reaching. :comeon: If you don't like what she's doing then keep it moving. But to write some asinine comment like that really shows insecurity.

:ayaanswag:Lol. Where am I tearing her down? If she wants to be a model, more power to her. I'm just saying being model is not conducive to Islamic values. I noticed you didn't address my point but went on the usual airhead xaliimo tirade against Somali men.:mjlol:
Don't play stupid now that you've been called out. You were trying to undermine her achievements. I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this for you simple minded idiots.
She clearly said she wasn't a perfect Muslim and therefore didn't want to be judged.

Get on her level please and then you can talk.
:camby:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Both allow of interpretations and in the end only god can be just judge of its meaning

Also keep in mind that the men who push for restrictive wear does it as extension of male dominance rather than religious duty

its like saying...fine, when I kill you then, you know, only god can judge me :camby: What a complete xoolo

It's you that's making no sense at all. Tear her down? Did I insult her? All I said was that her actions are incorrect as a hijabi. Islam is not based on our whims and desires. There are rules and regulations.

We're allowed to judge based on what is apparent. You do that here all the time, but you police what others say when it isn't to your liking?
I'm sorry I didn't know you were Allah. I didn't know you were the lord and savior himself.
When it comes to religion it's not your place for you to police the actions of others.
Go ahead and follow the rules and regulations yourself but stop trying to be the Islamic police coming after people for no reason.
Again abaayo if you don't like her pictures it's very simple stop looking at them.
:childplease:

:ayaanswag:I'm genuinely confused now. God damn, there's some stupid females on here. Apparently, saying something so obvious and factual as "Hijabs and modelling don't mix" is controversial. I didn't know modelling was such a win for some desperate people.:kodaksmiley:

Thank you @madamelioness

Point is islam has rules and regulations. You cant simply bend and twist the rules just as you please. As a muslim you please allah first and if its inline with deenta you can please others. I think its omar ibn khattab rahimmullah that said "we judge wats apparent" if am not wrong.

:ayaanswag:I'm genuinely confused now. God damn, there's some stupid females on here. Apparently, saying something so obvious and factual as "Hijabs and modelling don't mix" is controversial. I didn't know modelling was such a win for some desperate people.:kodaksmiley:

It's really as simple as minding your own business and not trying to antagonize people based on your interpretation on what is halal or not. You are entitled to your opinion but to say someone is "plastering ass and breasts" when they did nothing of the sort just because you think that modelling and hijab doesn't mix is, frankly, stupid.

I'm sorry I didn't know you were Allah. I didn't know you were the lord and savior himself.
When it comes to religion it's not your place for you to police the actions of others.
Go ahead and follow the rules and regulations yourself but stop trying to be the Islamic police coming after people for no reason.
Again abaayo if you don't like her pictures it's very simple stop looking at them.
:childplease:

Ever heard of enjoining the good and forbidding the evil? That's an Islamic principle.

But it's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. Bring something of substance instead of your emotional rants.

It's really as simple as minding your own business and not trying to antagonize people based on your interpretation on what is halal or not. You are entitled to your opinion but to say someone is "plastering ass and breasts" when they did nothing of the sort just because you think that modelling and hijab doesn't mix is, frankly, stupid.
It's always these same people that complain that Islam is portrayed in a wrong way in the media because of terrorist organizations like ISIS.
But when we finally get somebody that's actually portraying us in a good light than she's haram, indecent, etc. Pick a damn side.

Modelling is full of rape and sexual favours in order to get contracts. I wouldn't trust a dead dog amongst those folks

Status
Not open for further replies.