For Chicken in Somali do you use doro or digaag?

For Chicken in Somali do you use digaag or doro?

• Doro

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Digaag

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
Doro is Ethiopian. You’re Ethiopian if you use it.
Digag is what I say only time I heard doro is by Ethiopians and I’m sure it means chicken In Amharic

Oh really? My Darood friend calls chicken for Darrood actually, and they are not from Ethiopia... I thought it was a southern thing. My neighbour also calls chicken for D*oro and they are from Mogadishu not Ethiopia.:gucciwhat:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Oh really? My Darood friend calls chicken for Darrood actually, and they are not from Ethiopia... I thought it was a southern thing. My neighbour also calls chicken for D*oro and they are from Mogadishu not Ethiopia.:gucciwhat:

Yes I am Darood and call chicken doro

Doro (Amharic)/Darho (Tigrigna) means chicken. May be some Somalis took it from Ethiopia similar to Injera/Canjeero. This is natural.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
Yh isn't "lama" said in the south(some parts)?

D00ro does mean choose, but it's also used as a cuss for some Somali tribe, hence why it's censored.
Actually I’ve no idea about the words and dialects of southern Somalia..I’m not the right person to ask. But I’ve heard of lamaane in hindi movies before:icon lol:
Lmao yeah I know Do*ro is cay. It is like unhygienic piece of shidh so ma aha?:cosbyhmm:
Yes I am Darood and call chicken doro
Yes I thought so. I’ve come across before some somalis mainly from southern Somalia who call chicken d*ro. But my family and I call chicken for digaag which I think btw is a loanword from the arabic ”Dijaaj”

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
What does Bilaash mean in Somali?

It means cheap in Oromo.
Bilaash means cheap in somali as well.
Raqiis also but it is arabic loanword I think.

Lol I know its an insult what does it mean?
Hahah yeah it is an insult. I really don’t know the exact meaning of it but someone said it is ”shuun shiiray”:liberaltears: I dunno really
Also shakshuko is again loanword from arabic :birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts