Fire breaks out in Downtown Hargeysa

You can't believe the destruction, mayhem, and the general eerie sadness of the city's atmosphere.

Yes, I'm in New Hargeisa and the smoke reached here too. Sad day for the city....but opportunity to clear that area and move the suuq somewhere else. It was a disaster waiting to happen. The Mayor tried to do something but faced resistance...

If you go downtown again I can join you.

Same thing.
How's the electrical safety on the buildings, do they install in accordance with safety procedures or do everyone just install their own installation without regard to safety etc? Maybe this fire was started as an electrical short circuit?

Last edited:
How's the electrical safety on the buildings, do they install in accordance with safety procedures or do everyone just install their own installation without regard to safety etc? Maybe this fire was started as an electrical shirt circuit?
Bro I have no idea about that place. Maybe someone who lives or went there can answer.

Liban89

Maqal herder | Burco boodhweyn.
Yes, I'm in New Hargeisa and the smoke reached here too. Sad day for the city....but opportunity to clear that area and move the suuq somewhere else. It was a disaster waiting to happen. The Mayor tried to do something but faced resistance...

If you go downtown again I can join you.
It really was a disaster waiting to happen, we are thick headed people, no amount of warning is enough for our people. Thanks for the offer but I am way too tired to both mentally and physically to go there now. It's just too sad.

DRACO

VIP
Lessons learned from this fire will be useful in the long run. It will be viewed as the blessing that brought on the catalyst of change. Like the Great fire of London.

DDS Somali regional state government sends firefighters & logistical support to help put out the fire in Hargeisa.

4BED613C-1C6A-452C-8FA2-0CF40463E807.jpeg
BFABF37E-8B24-4ABC-AFBD-A1FBF8129CE8.jpeg
81AF786F-7750-4079-B23A-9FD64E6F8CE7.jpeg
F880CC89-8E30-4027-9248-E65FF4792B3D.jpeg
2DCDD8A6-FFD5-4FAA-8C6E-3CF8D76DD8E9.jpeg
48633E0E-8693-4534-9D63-97DBE9B56BF5.jpeg

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Even tho I don’t agree with isaaqs on political matters, this is just low sxb, vast majority of the people affected by this calamity are ordinary people just tryna make a living.
What about digil and miriif business in lasscanood and how been treated after 15 years they worked hard to be later kicked and treated like goat!!.

Last edited:

Trending