Finally found myself a godless Somali woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
When two Somali atheists manage to find each other in the sea of craziness and everything checks out :banderas:The odds were against you.

Congratulations! I wish u the best moving forward.

Question: for the atheists.

Since your not Muslims will you allow your kids to drink alcohol and have sex before marriage?

Get the girls birth control? Guys condoms? Allow their boyfriends or girlfriends to sleep over night?

:cosbyhmm:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Since your not Muslims will you allow your kids to drink alcohol and have sex before marriage?

Get the girls birth control? Guys condoms? Allow their boyfriends or girlfriends to sleep over night?

good question

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I wonder if his son comes out the closet, will they say its ok you were born this way

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah

Define kid here? Teenagers that hit puberty usually have sex before marriage and that's legal if they're all underage. Second, it's illegal to drink if you're under 21 in the United States where I live.

But let's just say you mean 15+ in freshmen high school for sex. Well, it depends on their intelligence and maturity. If they won't bring sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancies home, than I won't have problem with that. I would prefer them to be in a stable relationship than fucking around. THAT'S if they're mature, educated in SedEd and intelligent. I don't care if they drink alcohol when they're adults, that's not my responsibility.

I was more mature and intelligent than most of peers. I had sex for first time in 8th grade, continue to today(I'm 21) and never had any diseases or someone pregnant.

Also, it's not like your child will most likely tell you that they have a BF/GF or having sex if you're a traditional/religious parent. I would prefer to have an open and honest relationship with my kids – IF I ever have some.

Define kid here? Teenagers that hit puberty usually have sex before marriage and that's legal if they're all underage. Second, it's illegal to drink if you're under 21 in the United States where I live.

But let's just say you mean 15+ in freshmen high school for sex. Well, it depends on their intelligence and maturity. If they won't bring sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancies home, than I won't have problem with that. I would prefer them to be in a stable relationship than fucking around. THAT'S if they're mature, educated in SedEd and intelligent. I don't care if they drink alcohol when they're adults, that's not my responsibility.

I was more mature and intelligent than most of peers. I had sex for first time in 8th grade, continue to today(I'm 21) and never had any diseases or someone pregnant.

Also, it's not like your child will most likely tell you that they have a BF/GF or having sex if you're a traditional/religious parent. I would prefer to have an open and honest relationship with my kids – IF I ever have some.

Okay but most young people in America drink way before the age of 21.

So what if your child he or she, brought a bottle of wine home at 17 yrs of age or came back home drunk, what would you do?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

Well you must first define what a kid is. Living in Britain, the age of consent is defined as 16 whilst the age of drinking alcoholic is 18.

I am hopefully going to lead a more pragmatic family rather than one simply built on authoritarianism which is established on whatever the parent says. I will try my best to prepare them for life. I will provide them with the tools to enjoy themselves responsibly.

I will teach my kids about sex education and all the things that includes. I will teach them about how important it is to protect themselves. Children are going to make mistakes and it's best to nurture them to make as few of them as possible.

About alcohol, they will not be allowed to drink until 18 but then again, kids will most definitely ignore your rules and thus it's best to teach and nurture them to learn about the actions they'll be taking and it's possible consequences. You must teach them to take responsibility.

The problem I have with your question is that it's biased. It premise that we're sort of immoral. Reality is, religion no longer has a monopoly on morals. That boat has sunk a long time ago. Tons of studies have been down to show this. Societies with many secular and irreligious people tend to be more stable, peaceful and tolerant.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.livescience.com/47799-morality-religion-political-beliefs.html

Well you must first define what a kid is. Living in Britain, the age of consent is defined as 16 whilst the age of drinking alcoholic is 18.

I am hopefully going to lead a more pragmatic family rather than one simply built on authoritarianism which is established on whatever the parent says. I will try my best to prepare them for life. I will provide them with the tools to enjoy themselves responsibly.

I will teach my kids about sex education and all the things that includes. I will teach them about how important it is to protect themselves. Children are going to make mistakes and it's best to nurture them to make as few of them as possible.

About alcohol, they will not be allowed to drink until 18 but then again, kids will most definitely ignore your rules and thus it's best to teach and nurture them to learn about the actions they'll be taking and it's possible consequences. You must teach them to take responsibility.

The problem I have with your question is that it's biased. It premise that we're sort of immoral. Reality is, religion no longer has a monopoly on morals. That boat has sunk a long time ago. Tons of studies have been down to show this. Societies with many secular and irreligious people tend to be more stable, peaceful and tolerant.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.livescience.com/47799-morality-religion-political-beliefs.html

No I'm genuinely interested - there's no agenda behind my questions

I agree I will be teaching my kids about safe sex and drinking but they will. Be brought up Muslim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending