Fell in love with a fob

I haven’t confessed to him but I cant believe I like someone from back home. He is so sweet kind and respectful. And so unlike the typical freshies. Considering he has lived in Kenya for some time that may be a factor as to why he is quite “modern”He is a good friend. And for some reason I’ve been into the traditional men back home lately
Do you think it’s crazy to pursue something with him?

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
luv his mehr to you wouldn’t be 10k dollars/pounds, it would be shillings
i’d suggest you to find a traditional man outside of somalia, don’t risk domestic abuse

You make it seem like fobs are foreign people from us lool. He is a Somali guy who just happened to grow somewhere else. If he is nice as you said why not

hussein

Akh Right movement
I haven’t confessed to him but I cant believe I like someone from back home. He is so sweet kind and respectful. And so unlike the typical freshies. Considering he has lived in Kenya for some time that may be a factor as to why he is quite “modern”He is a good friend. And for some reason I’ve been into the traditional men back home lately

it is not crazy to to pursue something with him..... if you really like him, I think you should tell him how you feel and go on from there. :)

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
What's wrong with someone from back home? Your friend isn't a savage because he was modernized in Kenya, but we not westernized/modernized so we savages? You worded this so arrogantly:fittytousand:

I had a crush on somebody from back home before too when I went to Somalia for the first time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
They are usually hard workers so don’t worry
Go for it if it’s what you think is best

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Some of us are chivalrous gentlemen who are as sharp as they come while still holding on to traditional values, no need to make it seem like a Pocahontas scenerio

Apollo

VIP
Diaspora (born or raised) Somali female + Fob Somali male is a recipe for socioeconomic disaster, especially if they plan on remaining in the West. The guy will have trouble with the local language, finding a middle class job, etc. It will set you up for poverty or being lower middle class at best.

The reverse is less socioeconomically devastating as the fob woman can be a stay-at-home mom or work a part-time job, it will be less economically severe.

Not being sexist, just being realistic.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Diaspora (born or raised) Somali female + Fob Somali male is a recipe for socioeconomic disaster, especially if they plan on remaining in the West. The guy will have trouble with the local language, finding a middle class job, etc. It will set you up for poverty or being lower middle class at best.

The reverse is less socioeconomically devastating as the fob woman can be a stay-at-home mom or work a part-time job, it will be less economically severe.

As much as I want to be idealistic this isn’t far from the truth

the money to bring him here, he may or may not even be able to work or even come here

the heart wants what it wants but you’d serve your kids better with a Western father tbh

If it feels right go ahead but if he betrays you once he comes here don't have a mental break down . sadly a lot of men do this. Kindly update us after 5 years.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

I know a few girls who married a guy back home than later got him over her to Sweden most of them got divorced

the guys lied about how they gonna help the woman with the house chores and kids and they dont want the wife out working she should stay home and some of them told the wife dont take a driver license if you need go somewhere I will drive you

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

Exactly and they want you to stay at home for the rest of your life and have a big family you can’t afford, by the time he leaves you (Somalis being impulsive by nature) you have nothing saved and can’t stand on your own feet. I have spoken to one fob although nice I couldn’t stand his mentality.

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
I wouldn‘t say it’s crazy but you‘d be a brave woman thats for sure. :damn: I wouldn‘t marry someone from back home and IF I did it would be my cousin. Atleast i know he wouldn‘t leave me, he’d get karbaash‘d and disowned by the family... OUR family
upload_2020-2-29_10-42-37.gif
yes i thought it through :mjhaps: even though that would never be an option for me, I‘d rather be alone tbh. Nothing against my cousins they‘re lovely but we live in different worlds.

nomadicblood

I am not a farax

Not crazy actually. My parents came as fobs here but they are different than the typical somalis. Someone from back home is not automatically different. They suffered more than us, so they might be have more patient than us. They are mostly more mature than us. 10 years old kids old from qurbaha and somalia are different from each other. The people from somalia become earlier mature than us.

My dad begs me to marry someone from back home actually :drakelaugh:

But i personally can’t do that :wowsweat:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I wouldn‘t say it’s crazy but you‘d be a brave woman thats for sure. :damn: I wouldn‘t marry someone from back home and IF I did it would be my cousin. Atleast i know he wouldn‘t leave me, he’d get karbaash‘d and disowned by the family... OUR family View attachment 96334 yes i thought it through :mjhaps: even though that would never be an option for me, I‘d rather be alone tbh. Nothing against my cousins they‘re lovely but we live in different worlds.
The more you run from your cousins, the higher chance you will end up with one

Just warning you :ehh:

Trending