"Ex-Muslim" Somali makes a terrible take on our Dhaqan

they dont think they are superior, you just think that way dawg. they are just calling out their people for the wrong they are doing. yeah i seen.

converting one person is enough, i believe whatever they are doing is good for the people to open their mind to the real world and view it as it is
I don't mind religious discourse, but disrespecting your own Soomaalinimo and looking down on Somalis from Somalia specifically as if the West is any better or superior, are not good things in my opinion.

Even the name of the subreddit gives it away, "XSomalian".

They talk about their own people the same way Trump talks about us, not to help us see their "light" but as if we're some Cancer.

We should not look to the West as the perfect model of society, it's very flawed, in many aspects more flawed than our own.

Of course, criticism of Somali culture if you're Somali is natural but to do so while looking down on Somalis born in Somalia, your own homeland, while revering the culture of the people who's country you are simply a guest in, is dumb.

You are right on that, that's my mistake, I assumed Somalis were still majority Nomadic.

"Calling them out" no they genuinely think they are superior to Somalis in Somalia who are Muslim go look through the subreddit and see

And I have done my own research, I just don't see how Atheism is logical, and even if it was, converting the Somali people is very unlikely Somalia is the most Muslim country in the world.
If there’s smt I definitely don’t want all Somalis to become its to be atheist. The only thing that’s making them keep their cool is Islam, or basically being religious.

Just imagine if all of them weren’t Muslims anymore? they would become actual savages and start to kill and beat the shit out of each other because hey! There’s no one to be afraid off

If there’s smt I definitely don’t want Somalis to become its to be atheist. The only thing that’s making them keep their cool is Islam.

Just imagine if all of them weren’t Muslims anymore? they would become actual savages and start to kill and eBay the shit out of each other because hey! There’s no one to be afraid off
Exactly, being Muslim is the singular thing that unites Somalis, they divide each other by clan, coutnry, everything, except when it comes to diin.

After all the bickering, the President, the geeljire, the businessman, all go pray Salah, it's the one unifying factor.

We should not be trying to divide Somalia further.

Exactly, being Muslim is the singular thing that unites Somalis, they divide each other by clan, coutnry, everything, except when it comes to diin.

After bickering, the President, the geeljire, the people who live in the city, all go pray Salah, it's the one unifying factor.

We should not be trying to divide Somalia further.
Tbh, people should be allowed to believe in what they want to believe in, and practice the things they want to in Somalia which a lot of atheists point out to being unfair which I agree with, but then again, considering how Somalia is and the current state it is in would make sense why most people there are ignorant and don’t want to be open minded.

besides that, shouldn’t they do smt with that then? Unite everyone with each other because we all are Somalis! Instead of a religious union because people are bound to not have the same religion at one point.

Tbh, people should be allowed to believe in what they want to believe in, and practice the things they want to in Somalia which a lot of atheists point out to being unfair which I agree with, but then again, considering how Somalia is and the current state it is in would make sense why most people there are ignorant and don’t want to be open minded.

besides that, shouldn’t they do smt with that then? Unite everyone with each other because we all are Somalis! Instead of a religious union because people are bound to not have the same religion at one point.
Yes but Somalis, in general, to be blunt, are stupid. They would rather bicker themselves to death than unite.

To some people, an ajnabi is more Somali to them than Someone from a clan they don't like.

We're already divided by clan, imagine being divided between Atheists and Muslims.

And even then, it's not like Somalis live in a vacuum, they know about Atheism, Christianity, Judaism, etc. They're willingly Muslim

Yes but Somalis, in general, to be blunt, are stupid. They would rather bicker themselves to death than unite.

To some people, an ajnabi is more Somali to them than Someone from a clan they don't like.

We're already divided by clan, imagine being divided between Atheists and Muslims.

And even then, it's not like Somalis live in a vacuum, they know about Atheism, Christianity, Judaism, etc. They're willingly Muslim
So we’re hopeless lmao. We really are hopeless

Somali culture used to venerate Sheikhs, my maternal great granfather would go around Bari preaching Islam to nomads. They would grant them free housing/food for a few weeks or a month while preaching and teaching arabic.

Now the Sheikhs are thieves who spend their time siphoning money from mosque donations. Somali culture has regressed quiet a bit from our sufi style in 1900s, remember that the sayid had more then 4 wives.

Somali culture used to venerate Sheikhs, my maternal great granfather would go around Bari preaching Islam to nomads. They would grant them free housing/food for a few weeks or a month while preaching and teaching arabic.

Now the Sheikhs are thieves who spend their time siphoning money from mosque donations. Somali culture has regressed quiet a bit from our sufi style in 1900s, remember that the sayid had more then 4 wives.
Yes, we used to be more liberal in our Islamic practicings. I personally do not like wahabis, the sight of a young somali girl in a burqa is disturbing

Source: Reddit
Immediately loses any crediblity. Probably writes pegging fanfic and advocates for "open marriages". Fucking reddit swine, thank god he/she left our genepool :susp:

First, he is not wrong about Somalis' culture. But this intrusive and unmannered culture from Somalis is to be found everywhere we are. I have my cousins who are half-Somalis who work in Djibouti in the Justice Ministery; even in governmental departments, Somali Cissas/Isaaqs are the loudest, rudest with their undisciplined behaviors (spitting on the ground, screaming from one place to another, with sexist and racist remarks).

Second,
just because he's at the other side of your spectrum, him being an "Ex-Muslim Somali" doesn't invalidate his life experiences. People are generally too curious and don't hesitate to talk shit behind your back and lie to you. I can agree with him, we need to re-adjust our culture to make it less toxic and normal (not to mention how we treat our minorities).
But I wouldn't advise following Americans' morals and ethics as a whole, but taking what is useful (their work ethic and family unit) and leaving the rest.
images.jpeg

If there’s smt I definitely don’t want all Somalis to become its to be atheist. The only thing that’s making them keep their cool is Islam, or basically being religious.

Just imagine if all of them weren’t Muslims anymore? they would become actual savages and start to kill and beat the shit out of each other because hey! There’s no one to be afraid off
images.jpeg

This Ex-muslims mind will be blown when I tell him that in Islam, polite and loving behaviour is heavily promoted and held in high esteem. Rude behaviour is looked down upon.

So if somalis learned more about Islam they would have to change this culture of rudeness:trumpsmirk:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

He also made of those wives a commander of one the Dervish divisions.

"Hasna Doreh - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasna_Doreh

Can you picture al-Shabab doing this?

He also made of those wives a commander of one the Dervish divisions.

"Hasna Doreh - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasna_Doreh

Can you picture al-Shabab doing this?
The only real Somali Islamic Organisation was Hizbul Islam. They fought with Alshabab after the found out Alshabab was importing foreign fighters into Somalia. They bring in Bantus, Oromos, Pakistanis and Arabs then force young girls to marry them due "We are one" BS.

We need a more pro-islam organisation to calm down the terrorists, something like the muslim brotherhood.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The only real Somali Islamic Organisation was Hizbul Islam. They fought with Alshabab after the found out Alshabab was importing foreign fighters into Somalia. They bring in Bantus, Oromos, Pakistanis and Arabs then force young girls to marry them due "We are one" BS.

We need a more pro-islam organisation to calm down the terrorists, something like the muslim brotherhood.

There were an are some local Sufi militia groups who've been opposed to al-Shabab.

"Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahlu_Sunna_Waljama'a

Somalis historically were never hardline fundamentalists:

Whether it was a good or terrible thing, Somalis were never really a hyper-religious group:

Though superstitious, the Somal are not bigoted like the Arabs, with the exception of those who, wishing to become learned, visit Yemen or El Hejaz, and catch the complaint. Nominal Mohammedans, El Islam hangs so lightly upon them, that apparently they care little for making it binding upon others.

This is a very ignorant statement, abowe. Islam came to Somalis through trade and thus the manner in which it was adopted was very syncretic meaning a great part of the pre-Islamic culture was intermingled with the new religion and cultural influences. Frankly, the vast majority of Somali culture just 100 years ago was pretty much indigenous:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He is very correct. Somalis in the 1800s and early 1900s were still traditionally dressing no different from a Xabash in Ethiopia or a Beja in Sudan, using traditional Xeer law alongside the Sharia, using their own native calendar, believing in sacred trees, trials by fire, Ayaanle spirits, figures like Nidar and Huur, folktales like this, keeping alive material culture and burial customs like this, keeping dogs (yes) with their nomadic flocks and practicing all kinds of un-Islamic shirk on a daily basis.

Islam and Arabs had a very strong impact but Geeljires were not living in Bedouin goat-hair tents and still aren't to this day but in the domed mat-tents of Cushitic nomads like Bejas, Afars and even South-Cushitic influenced people like the Khoe-Khoe of South-Africa:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Our native culture always remained. It has been more diluted in the last 30-60 years due to things like modernization and salafism but even so we aren't some Carab Iska dhalis people. To this day we have our own language, identity, heritage and culture like any other non-Arab Muslim people such as Desi, Turkic and Iranic Muslims. We are simply a native Horn, Cushitic people who adopted Islam along with some notable cultural influences from the Jazeera.

You insult your forebears with such statements.

Islam was adopted in a syncretic manner by our ancestors because it came to the region peacefully so a lot of the pre-Islamic culture and customs remained hence the attire and customs like keeping shepherd dogs in the past or practicing all kinds of weird shirk.

Even more recently I've listened to stories of older relations and one thing an old ayeeyo told me that really caught my eye was that, to her, Arabians were generally more fussy toward their women than the Somalis of her time. She told me a story about how a Somali who'd grown up in Saudi was her close family friend and she and her husband and his brother and sister had visited him in Riyadh back in the day and, according to her, he had adopted "dhaqan carbeed" and was over the top with how controlling he was toward her and the sister. Kept insisting they not leave the hotel needlessly and that he would bring them things they needed and when they visited him in his office he'd tell his male coworkers to not speak to them and to stay away. According to her this was not Somali custom and her husband and brother in law were not nearly as controlling and concerned with the comings and goings of women.

It was normally just some of the urban people and scholars who had spent time in the Jazeera who were pretty hardline but most other Somalis practiced Islam in a very syncretic manner; that is to say with loads of pre-Islamic elements woven in and were not generally obsessed with making the religion binding on others or with too much ritual which is why most Geeljire women dressed like this a century ago with no one batting an eye:

ZOICPYl.jpg

Trending