"Ex-Muslim" Somali makes a terrible take on our Dhaqan

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
you make it seem like it’s only Somalis that have this problem. We are not the only failed state in the world. Matter of fact there are many countries, some even our neighbors who didn’t go through any civil war whatsoever and yet are 10 x worst off than we are. It’s ok to criticize but let’s not pretend the rest of the world is utopia and we are some rare anomaly.
Lol our neighbors are 30 years ahead of us. Dont even try to do the. some Other countries are worst of then us excuse:wtfdis:

you make it seem like it’s only Somalis that have this problem. We are not the only failed state in the world. Matter of fact there are many countries, some even our neighbors who didn’t go through any civil war whatsoever and yet are 10 x worst off than we are. It’s ok to criticize but let’s not pretend the rest of the world is utopia and we are some rare anomaly.
Yes, I am suspicious of Somalis who are unnecesarrily harsh and constantly hate on their people, especially when offering no solutions.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
A rural somali man is not going to care about what happens in Mogadishu when he's a geeljire in Nugaal, you overestimate the importance of the government to the Somali people and their reliance on it.

They are insulting their people, so it's self hating. The western diaspora superiority complex is sickening.

Atheism is a dumb western idea that has no place in Somalia, even before Islam we believed in a Monotheistic religion. The Englightenment was the downfall of the West and brought all these liberal ideas to it.
My family :rejoice::ohhhdamn:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Lol our neighbors are 30 years ahead of us. Dont even try to do the. some Other countries are worst of then us excuse:wtfdis:

One of those neighbors, Kenya, hilariously owes a large part of it's business success to Somalis. You know how many Geeljires own malls and businesses down there? Eastleigh is no joke, saxiib. As for the rest, did they undergo a civil war then get dicked around by global and neighboring powers for decades with corrupt local politicians to boot?

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
The culture isn't terrible but we're pretty dumb can't even lie:ufdup:
Dude the culture is terrible to. Litterly in somali culture a 70 year old guy can marry a 14 year old girl And everybody acts like that is the most normal thing. Its time to throw that pre 1500s culture away. Its to barbaric :susp:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
whatever atleast he's distancing himself from the culture.what's really bad are People who reject islam but pretend there still muslim and infiltrating there former community and corupting it with dangerous foreign ideologies and spreading doubt among the youth or even worse paticipating clanism while rejecting your forefathers religion. in mine opinion these kinds of people are just as worse as Shabaab.

Somalis would rather blame the west and the yahuud instead of their backwards culture which Shames individuality and reinforces a group mentality that’s detrimental to our society.

imagine believing your god is all merciful and at the same times calls for the death of gays,apostates and those critiical of the religion. But yes keep on believing that you’ll end up in heaven cause you believe in some book.

whatever atleast he's distancing himself from the culture.what's really bad are People who reject islam but pretend there still muslim and infiltrating there former community and corupting it with dangerous foreign ideologies and spreading doubt among the youth or even worse paticipating clanism while rejecting your forefathers religion. in mine opinion these kinds of people are just as worse as Shabaab.
Cowards, still obsessed with Islam to the point where they pretend to be one to spread false ideologies among our people, complete outcasts and waste of air.

Somalis would rather blame the west and the yahuud instead of their backwards culture which Shames individuality and reinforces a group mentality that’s detrimental to our society.

imagine believing your god is all merciful and at the same times calls for the death of gays,apostates and those critiical of the religion. But yes keep on believing that you’ll end up in heaven cause you believe in some book.
Subhanallah, we have some of these Somali Non-Muslims on this site.
:drakelaugh:
And when did I ever mention yahuud? They have nothing to do with this. Individualism is the reason why America is the way it is today, an Individualistic society is a divided one. People like you who want to divide the Somali people further are wild.

Our ancestors must be so ashamed that some of us think like this
:jcoleno:

Is it a lie though? Tact is not a big thing for Somalis of desert and semi arid regions.

There’s pros and cons, gentle ribbing from family members is a form of affection. Most people understand it comes from a place of love and it isn’t that serious at all.

Also while tactfulness and politeness are good sometimes it can be fake and insincere. Giving honest advice although painful at first is important.

Where I think he’s wrong is associating that with some Somali peoples antisocial and narcissistic behaviour that’s become out of control lately. That’s not really a cultural trait but a poisonous mentality that has seeped through and infected a lot of Somalis. You can witness this in this very forum with seemingly normal users going from not knowing anything about qabil to celebrating the msssacre of children.

Is it a lie though? Tact is not a big thing for Somalis of desert and semi arid regions.

There’s pros and cons, gentle ribbing from family members is a form of affection. Most people understand it comes from a place of love and it isn’t that serious at all.

Also while tactfulness and politeness are good sometimes it can be fake and insincere. Giving honest advice although painful at first is important.

Where I think he’s wrong is associating that with some Somali peoples antisocial and narcissistic behaviour that’s become out of control lately. That’s not really a cultural trait but a poisonous mentality that has seeped through and infected a lot of Somalis. You can witness this in this very forum with seemingly normal users going from not knowing anything about qabil to celebrating the msssacre of children.
Of course brother, I'm not denying the many flaws of Somali culture, all I'm saying is that we should not look to the West, as it also has many, many issues.

No matter what problem we have we as a community should come together to fix it.

Subhanallah, we have some of these Somali Non-Muslims on this site.
:drakelaugh:
And when did I ever mention yahuud? They have nothing to do with this. Individualism is the reason why America is the way it is today, an Individualistic society is a divided one. People like you who want to divide the Somali people further are wild.

Our ancestors must be so ashamed that some of us think like this
:jcoleno:
No culture is perfect but a religion that kills others for not agreeing with it dosent sound like the way forward.

Of course brother, I'm not denying the many flaws of Somali culture, all I'm saying is that we should not look to the West, as it also has many, many issues.

No matter what problem we have we as a community should come together to fix it.

Thing is most of them only know the west and they see many superior ways of living. Can you blame them?

Western countries are always trying to improve themselves and the traditionalist have to move along with the cultural shift kicking and screaming.

Somalis only follow the worst traditions and the worst of modernity. If you criticize then they’ll say it’s tradition because most don’t even value our elders to know what was truly tradition and what is just a modern barbaric practice develop post 1980s.

We are regressing as a society anyone who denies this is delusional.

Thing is most of them only know the west and they see many superior ways of living. Can you blame them?

Western countries are always trying to improve themselves and the traditionalist have to move along with the cultural shift kicking and screaming.

Somalis only follow the worst traditions and the worst of modernity. If you criticize then they’ll say it’s tradition because most don’t even value our elders to know what was truly tradition and what is just a modern barbaric practice develop post 1980s.

We are regressing as a society anyone who denies this is delusional.
Yes, you are correct, I could go on and on with all the things wrong with Somalia, and we must fix these.

The West in general is falling as a power because of the ideas originally birthed in the Enlightenment.

We should get rid of the obviously barbaric practices, and maybe even implement some Western concepts, especially in government, etc. But in my opinion, if we adopt all that the West has to offer, Somalia may become even more weakened then it is now.

America, for example, is a strong nation, that's generally safe to live in, but if you look deeper, it's deeply flawed and scarred.

Also, thank you for being civil in this discussion, something others in this thread seemed to have failed to do.

Yes, you are correct, I could go on and on with all the things wrong with Somalia, and we must fix these.

The West in general is falling as a power because of the ideas originally birthed in the Enlightenment.

We should get rid of the obviously barbaric practices, and maybe even implement some Western concepts, especially in government, etc. But in my opinion, if we adopt all that the West has to offer, Somalia may become even more weakened then it is now.

America, for example, is a strong nation, that's generally safe to live in, but if you look deeper, it's deeply flawed and scarred.

Also, thank you for being civil in this discussion, something others in this thread seemed to have failed to do.

I get what you’re saying. Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water. No society can just ‘erase’ all its social norms for a new one. That would create chaos, hell Siyad Barre tried to mix secular ideas with Islamic values. We saw where that led….
You can observe it with atheist Muslims or even the Amish when they leave their communities. They tend to fall flat on their face because they’ve given up their entire way of being instead of a moderate approach.

Progressive change and ambition to be superior to the west is my suggestion.

The reality is that many Somali men from the big four like how our society is and will use violence to keep it that way.

I only see poverty and inequality in the future…

What proof do you have for the west falling other then right wing talking points lol

Trending

Latest posts