Ethiopia Vs Sudan Conflict

Nah, Abiy is here to stay at least the next two terms (10 years) by hook or by crook. You need to get used to the new sheriff in town!

Enjoy today's Mekele University graduation ceremony and the new interim administrator of Tigray speaking to the students :ftw9nwa:

miskeen kids threatened with a bullet if they don't act happy :damn::damn::damn:

Sudanese military slaughtering Amhara bandits

@xabashi are these your uncles???
EpdwNMVXMAAmzSS

@Asaana which tribes live in the Gedaref region? They seem miskeen. I thought Sudanese people were warlike
It's a cosmopolitan state with Arabs, Nubians, Beja, and Nilotic groups.

Sudanese people were warlike 100-200 years ago when they had to fight countless invaders. After the country modernized farmers only used guns for hunting since there's been zero threat of armed invasion until the Amhara bandits came. However, people in Darfur are still warlike which explains why many generals + the janjaweed are Darfurian and now they are restoring Gedaref.

Sudanese military slaughtering Amhara bandits

@xabashi are these your uncles???
EpdwNMVXMAAmzSS

Amharas don’t carry or use manchetes. They buy and own guns to protect themselves hence they are called „neftegna“ meaning gun carrier. The picture is most probably from southern or Oromia regions.

Amharas don’t carry or use manchetes. They buy and own guns to protect themselves hence they are called „neftegna“ meaning gun carrier. The picture is most probably from southern or Oromia regions.
Interesting, I heard about that. Sad how they abused their guns to loot civilians.

Interesting, I heard about that. Sad how they abused their guns to loot civilians.

It is always good to hear both side of the story. The attack was initiated by the sudanese military few days ago even Al Jazeera reported that Sudanese army is entering the area which was controlled by Ethiopia because the army and the Amhara militias were deployed in Tigray. Ethiopian social media was reporting how Sudanese armed personnel were burning and looting farm properties.

It seems like that the Amhara militia is returning and trying to retake the area. To do that of course they have to attack the sudanese armed patrols which they did.

I’m not claiming the area is Ethiopian territory but that both governments tolerated the Ethiopian farmers for decades. The Ethiopian government must have an honest talk with the Ethiopian farmers and make them clear that this is outside Ethiopian territory.

The farmers don’t understand why they should leave their farmland which they were using for decades. The amhara farmers in that area are known to be very fierce fighters and always manged to get their farmland back. I think it is now time for the government to give them alternative lands and get them back to inside Ethiopia. Btw, even Meles Zenawi with all his power could not solve this issue.

It is always good to hear both side of the story. The attack was initiated by the sudanese military few days ago even Al Jazeera reported that Sudanese army is entering the area which was controlled by Ethiopia because the army and the Amhara militias were deployed in Tigray. Ethiopian social media was reporting how Sudanese armed personnel were burning and looting farm properties.

It seems like that the Amhara militia is returning and trying to retake the area. To do that of course they have to attack the sudanese armed patrols which they did.

I’m not claiming the area is Ethiopian territory but that both governments tolerated the Ethiopian farmers for decades. The Ethiopian government must have an honest talk with the Ethiopian farmers and make them clear that this is outside Ethiopian territory.

The farmers don’t understand why they should leave their farmland which they were using for decades. The amhara farmers in that area are known to be very fierce fighters and always manged to get their farmland back. I think it is now time for the government to give them alternative lands and get them back to inside Ethiopia. Btw, even Meles Zenawi with all his power could not solve this issue.
Why are they trying to retake the area if it doesn't belong to them? I don't care if Sudanese military burned their farms because Amhara shouldn't be farming on Sudanese land and looting innocent farmers. This is karma.

This is 2020, it doesn't matter how fierce your fighting is because a national military can easily defeat you, especially if you are on foreign land. Abiy also dealt with this horribly because he begged Hamdok to hand Fashaga to Ethiopia lol.

@Asaana could you give us a history of how this started and how long this deadlock has continued?
Did this issue start before Meles or during Meles.

How large is this area of conflict ?

@Asaana could you give us a history of how this started and how long this deadlock has continued?
Did this issue start before Meles or during Meles.

How large is this area of conflict ?
Amhara is very densely populated, while Gedaref is sparse, so naturally the Amhara expanded onto Gedaref. It was not a big issue when Meles was president since the Amhara farms weren't too close to Sudanese ones but recently the region became more turbulent and crowded with Amhara peasants.

It's hard to measure how big the area of conflict is but Fashaga is 100 miles into the Sudan border from Himora to Metema. Sudanese soldiers are also going deep into the Amhara region.

Why are they trying to retake the area if it doesn't belong to them? I don't care if Sudanese military burned their farms because Amhara shouldn't be farming on Sudanese land and looting innocent farmers. This is karma.

This is 2020, it doesn't matter how fierce your fighting is because a national military can easily defeat you, especially if you are on foreign land. Abiy also dealt with this horribly because he begged Hamdok to hand Fashaga to Ethiopia lol.

Read, I answered your question. The farmers don’t know where the colonial borders lay. I blame both governments. They both should secure the borders with their armies but in the past they tolerated the farmers. The sudanese militarily should have not just entered the area but should have coordinated that with the Ethiopian government otherwise it was clear it will clash with the militias.

Last edited:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
The revenge came sooner than I expected lol.

Selam ber isn’t even near the Sudan boarder apparently it’s in the south of Ethiopia according to Google earth. I can’t find any settlement along the Sudan Ethiopia boarder called selam ber

These sudanese forces look like the equivalent of the Ethiopian Liyu police to me. These are clearly not up to the task to face a regular army like the Ethiopian army.
They can by the way ENDF are not like before most of them have now depression while large numbers are wounded and substantial amount dead.

ENDF will fight alone unless Abye will ask Eritrea and UAE drones to join the fight.

I guess this war is a proxy war by Egypt.
Its all about the dam not the farm lands.

Iam not expecting it to escalate by you never will know.

They can by the way ENDF are not like before most of them have now depression while large numbers are wounded and substantial amount dead.

ENDF will fight alone unless Abye will ask Eritrea and UAE drones to join the fight.

I guess this war is a proxy war by Egypt.
Its all about the dam not the farm lands.

Iam not expecting it to escalate by you never will know.

:comeon:

Please, an army that just completely destroyed a 80k forces in three weeks is in depression? In what world do you live? Stop consuming too much TPLF propaganda. The above sudanese force can’t scare shit and will be a cake walk for the army but I don’t wish any bloodshed between us and the sudanese people. They are very good people and I hope both governments handle the issue in a mature manner as they have always done.

Just few days ago most of you here were telling us that Sudanese forces have entered Ethiopian controlled territory. Now when the Amhara militias (not even the proper Liyu or army) fights back, all of a sudden it is aggression from Amhara. No matter where the border may lay, the current border skirmish was started by the Sudanese side because they thought the Ethiopians are now weak due to the war in Tigray. Now the war has ended and the militias are going back home and started to reclaim what they thought the Sudanese unfairly took over during their departure. Sudan and Ethiopia federal governments must resolve this border skirmish that has been on and off for decades now.

Nonsense, cut the crap,

TPLF gave falalqa to Sudan and abiy agreed to hand it over, Falalqa was given to Sudan in 1902 negotiated by the UK who intervened between sudan and Ethiopia

TPLF took it in the early 1990s back gave it back in 2012

its 600 sq km area where also ahmaar farmers claim it belongs to them, but a very green prime agricultural land that desert sudan will never allow anyone to take it

so sudan does not give support to TPLF, abiy sweetened the deal and said he will transfer it de facto since its Sudanese land de jure

ahmaar are pissed off, but i am sure when abiy is finished with tigra he will thrash the ahmaar and give the land back to sudan de jure

if abiy does not give it back, he knows sudan will arm banishunguli and other ethiopian groups on the border, but sudan also knows abiy can arm sudanese rebels,

end of the day the international world recognises the land as sudans land and de jure a sudanese land since 1902

sudani soldiers control the land but ahmaar amrers live and farm the land, soon enough there will be war of it,

how is your 3 days war going? did you not change it to one week?

its been 7 weeks

Trending

Latest posts