Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

And maybe join up those two clans land as Harawo zone to reinforce a relatively well defined border against Oromia? Plus heavy investment in the development of that zone.

As Samaroon we will entertain the idea of joining Oromia but with the right amount of concessions from the Admin, we will stay put.

I forgot to mention this. We are very much for close relations with Samaroon. Laakin no offence to you guys, but we are very cautious to every step we take now from now onwards after being super close with Jarso, and the consequences we see today.

The only point of contention is the Oromo state. We are open to everything, EXCEPT joining Oromia at all cost. Meaning that if there are a possibility of Samaroon joining Oromia if you guys are at odd with a DDS administration at any time in the future. Then we are better off, keeping it like it is today. But if that option is removed from the table, we are willing co-operate more and possible create kebles, administrations and other things together. Though, we are still seeing what's best for us as of now.

To add another thing, to sustain the Somali Regional State in the long run, more autonomy should be handed to each Zone, to handle more of its own local affairs and some responsibilities. So even if we have a "puppet" gov't on a regional level, we can still maintain somewhat independence and do what's best for us on a local level.

At this point, we have literally no demands. Those are secondary thoughts tbh, when you're fighting just to remain in your own regional state. The solution is simply, to implement the results of the referendum and demarcation of the border. While doing these go through all of our issues together with Jarso and Geri on a local level, so nothing can be contested in the future. And a final agreement with DDS-Oromia.

As far as Tuli Guleed, a new woreda was created after the referendum. But the entire former Jinacsani Woreda has been turned over to Oromia, at least in all official maps. That needs to be corrected. So as of now, we are only recognized by DDS, even if Oromia is currently violating our land.

Aside from this, I'd say find powersharing agreement (at least until we democratizes fully) between Geri and Jarso, both in Tuli Guleed where we are majority and in Jinacsani where there are a significant Geri left.

Also regarding resources, our farm areas are not being utilized to the best of its ability. I'm sure it's the same for you guys. Invest more into these areas, so more can be produced and efficiently. Currently, many locals don't even have access to modern equipments. So they do get a lot of outside support from us living abroad, but the gov't assistance is very minimum.

Laakin as you're saying, a reconfiguration of the zones and woredas in our area is very needed.
Sounds more complicated than I thought. From my understanding there needs to be several agreements from the root and wide reconcilation between both Geri-Jaarso? But the question is, will the longevity of those agreements and reconcilation efforts suffice until a final solution is done? Wishing you guys well.

I'm not sure of that state of all the farm areas in our land compared to you guys but Harawo district out of our 3 districts seem to be doing well despite the well settled farm towns being considered as Qabaley's as majority of them are.

Although were getting no funding for road infrastructure from the Admin were also managing quite well with funding/building roads as a community effort with the diaspora largely involved. Accessibility through the Mountainous terrain is our worst enemy.

Last edited:
Your literally arguing for samaroon to become Oromo and I’m a sheegato, my subclan is mahadcase lol
I am MC. You ain't no Mahad Case so stop the cap.

Even if you are which is highly unlikely, you're one of those lost ones who just regurgitate whatever you see other people say. I doubt you have any knowledge of what's going on or the politics of the region in general. Plus your entire argument is rooted in subjectivity so I won't even bother entering you after this.

Me and the other verified Samaroon brother just laid out an objective analysis of what this could turn into.

Why is he even using Somali language? The word for sheegato in oromo is ibsa.
This Dblocka backing you tells me you are indeed a sheegato :heh:

Last edited:
Sounds more complicated than I thought. From my understanding there needs to be several agreements from the root and wide reconcilation between both Geri-Jaarso? But the question is, will the longevity of those agreements and reconcilation efforts suffice until a final solution is done? Wishing you guys well.

Did you say complicated? Our relations are beyond strained. Wallahi, people are shocked when we speak of the reality. Many comes from mixed families. Now with the conflicts, everyone has taken sides and unfortunately cut each other off, except immediate families. Halkaas ayuu gaadhay. It will take a lot of effort and patience. The longer it goes and nothing is done, the worse/severe it becomes (from 2004 until now with no solution). A minor external thing can start new clashes.

Every time fightings happens, ends with a "clan agreement" (well it used to, not anymore), laakin it didn't sustain very long anyways. A massive dam is for example being built in Marar, Tuli Guleed. Before Geri/Jarso used the water resources with no problems, even those who left for Oromia continue until today. Though, they made claims on it now. So since Cagjar already signed it off to Oromia to start, without addressing core issues (displacements, no powersharing agreements, built by a foreign state inside DDS, no demarcations there etc.) we were forced into clan negotiations. The last one in Harar broke off right before new year. And right after it did clashes start. The response from Cagjar was "clan dispute", and then remained quiet/absent since then.

The only sustainable way is having DDS and Oromia (only if both are genuine and neutral) on standby as we go through our issues, just like in state sponsored reconciliation in 1994. And once we agree, to formalize it legally, and create a mechanism for future "contentions". Tough, continue now until the point of nothing being contested anymore. Only through this process will it work, just like last time.

I'm not sure of that state of all the farm areas in our land compared to you guys but Harawo District seem to be doing well.

Although were getting no funding for road infrastructure from the Admin were also managing quite well with funding/building roads as a community effort with the diaspora largely involved. Accessibility through the Mountainous terrain is our worst enemy.

As far as the farming, it's not bad. But well needed investments and assistance can improve much. It's gotten somewhat better lately. The opposite is the infrastructure for us. We have the chinese building on the road from Jigjiga all the way to Tuli Guleed and beyond. Prices of land have already sky-rocketed. We are doing okey in this regard, as of now.

The PM visited here recently

Last edited:

World

VIP

Even if you are which is highly unlikely, you're one of those lost ones who just regurgitate whatever you see other people say. I doubt you have any knowledge of what's going on or the politics of the region in general. Plus your entire argument is rooted in subjectivity so I won't even bother entering you after this.

Me and the other verified Samaroon brother just laid out an objective analysis of what this could turn into.

You have to be the most stupid person i’ve seen, nobody would want their clan to be half speaking Somali in your Awdal district, and half speaking Oromo in Ethiopia. All because you want a useless district made for you in a country that you are occupied in. You would rather be led by an Orthodox Christian Oromo over a Somali Ogaden. Shameful. The long term ramifications will mean that eventually when Ethiopia collapses whether in 30 or 50 years, your people will permanently be outside of Somaliweyn borders if they even exist or speak Somali by then given the fact you’ll likely face genocide like the Karanle. You have disgraced your clan, not suprised tho seeing some of your other comments along with that other cuck @Araabi saying that you deserved to be genocided by SNM in the 90s which led to the female Samaroon moderator to defend her clan against you even tho she never engages in politics.

Last edited:

World

VIP
One thing for certain, our Geri brothers will never be isolated. If you want to be led by an Orthodox Christian Oromo then feel free. But we will make sure that they have a land border with Somaliweyn and aren’t isolated. The Oromos couldn’t give a f*ck about your useless clan and will negotiate against your benefit as long as they’re gaining more (ex) Somali land. Even if your useless clan and the Idoors joined Oromia/Ethiopia i wouldn’t give a f*ck.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Y’all giving this guy to hard of a time somali leaders don’t think long term all over Somalia we making deal with devil it’s not only samaroon and Oromo. We selling ports and defense to arabs, security to Kenyans and Ethiopians, oceans to Chinese . Most of us sellouts in Somalia

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
It is because of the 2004 referendum. The little pockets of Oromia are areas where Jaarso filth voted to join Oromia.

@Araabi if Samaroon join Oromia, how are you going to resist Oromo assimilation? Two generations later there will be no Samaroon left to speak of.

There's already thousands of them in Borama and they behave very well. They never caused any problems in Borama. They sell qat, have haircut shops and run some essential businesses that the community needs and none of us will ever change our language.

Have you ever heard of an Oromo causing trouble in Bosaso? Never. Don't judge an entire ethnic group based on a conflicted border.

Awdalite

Araabi
You have to be the most stupid person i’ve seen, nobody would want their clan to be half speaking Somali in your Awdal district, and half speaking Oromo in Ethiopia. All because you want a useless district made for you in a country that you are occupied in. You would rather be led by an Orthodox Christian Oromo over a Somali Ogaden. Shameful. The long term ramifications will mean that eventually when Ethiopia collapses whether in 30 or 50 years, your people will permanently be outside of Somaliweyn borders if they even exist or speak Somali by then given the fact you’ll likely face genocide like the Karanle. You have disgraced your clan, not suprised tho seeing some of your other comments along with that other cuck @Araabi saying that you deserved to be genocided by SNM in the 90s which led to the female Samaroon moderator to defend her clan against you even tho she never engages in politics.

When did I say that?

Awdalite

Araabi

@Hamdaf12

What is your subclan beyond MC? We can easily verify.

Reports of a conflict erupted in Makanis already. Rumour has it DDS acted accordingly to the district created by Oromia @Araabi @GaradShabeel

I heard that fighting erupted as well not too long ago, involving liyuu police, but I'm waiting for more information before making a judgement. Do you know more @Duucale1? :cosbyhmm:

I predicted it in that other thread that something terrible will come out of this, but I hope that things get under control soon:kendrickcry:

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Check this. They've already claimed the area and calling the somali solider an invading force classical tactics.

Kulaha jaarso district.

Last edited:
I heard that fighting erupted as well just now, but I'm waiting for more information before making a judgement. Do you know more @Duucale1? :cosbyhmm:

I predicted it in that other thread that something terrible will come out of this, but I hope that things get under control soon:kendrickcry:
I'm reading on FB that the fighting has been taking place in the villages of Celmal, Dacawalay and Shilcaslay that fall under the new Makanis District since yesterday. Its unreliable but that's as much as we're getting since the somali state most likely won't report on it.

Edit: Jaarso are saying that it's an attack on them by Somali Liyuu

Garaad diinle

 
This is not a sectioned hand over and the somali region hasn't been informed on this. The central government is silent on the matter which is to expected.

Reports of a conflict erupted in Makanis already. Rumour has it, DDS acted accordingly to the district created by Oromia @Araabi @GaradShabeel

Makaniis is a small village inhabited by Somali tribes. If you consider yourself Oromo then go to west Haraghe where Oromo exist.

88D3E484-6BEF-4C90-9927-D3E214EBA87D.jpeg

I'm reading on FB that the fighting has been taking place in the villages of Celmal, Dacawalay and Shilcaslay that fall under the new Makanis District

Fake news. The only report on Facebook is by Iidoors from Somaliland and their Langaab supporters. All those villages you just named fall under Tuuli Guled district 😂😂