Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

Wallahi this is sad imgagine a whole qabiil threating to join Oromia? This is a shame to me. I'm not even Dir and it hurts that my Somali brothers and sisters would join Oromo.

Dir is now an Oromo tribe? Jarso, Qallu, Karanle, and even 90% of the whole Harari ethnicity have become Oromo. Don't cry when you hear that filthy Dothraki version of Somali being spoken in your tuulo.

DDS should use media propaganda to inform Somalis about the consequences of joining the Oromos. At the same time, they should provide assistance to one of the communities as much as possible to help them reach prosperity, in order to set an example for other clans

Thats my two cents, don't know if it possible or not, but it's better than doing nothing.

Wallahi this is sad imgagine a whole qabiil threating to join Oromia? This is a shame to me. I'm not even Dir and it hurts that my Somali brothers and sisters would join Oromo.

From my understanding based of those I've spoken with, who share these views; it isin't about willingly leaving DDS, but doing so because of a number of reasons, such as being politically and economically marginalized. Either intentionally or unintentionally by the regional gov't. And not succeeding despite attempts made. While feeling that joining the Oromo state, will improve their livelihoods and beneficial for whatever agenda they (and their clan) have. Jarso has used some these claims, when they choose Oromia over DDS (as well as having Oromo ethnic background).

The problem is that, when people are facing economic stalemate, being disenfranchised, gov't abusing people etc, it usually affects many people (& clans). But not everyone has an interest of joining another region. More efforts should instead be directed at collectively uniting to make demands to the regional gov't, but so far I point most of the blames on successive Somali presidents and gov'ts for failing its people. Even now are land being lost along the Oromo and Afar border, and what are they doing about it? Nothing.

From my understanding based of those I've spoken with, who share these views; it isin't about willingly leaving DDS, but doing so because of a number of reasons, such as being politically and economically marginalized. Either intentionally or unintentionally by the regional gov't. And not succeeding despite attempts made. While feeling that joining the Oromo state, will improve their livelihoods and beneficial for whatever agenda they (and their clan) have. Jarso has used some these claims, when they choose Oromia over DDS (as well as having Oromo ethnic background).

The problem is that, when people are facing economic stalemate, being disenfranchised, gov't abusing people etc, it usually affects many people (& clans). But not everyone has an interest of joining another region. More efforts should instead be directed at collectively uniting to make demands to the regional gov't, but so far I point most of the blames on successive Somali presidents and gov'ts for failing its people. Even now are land being lost along the Oromo and Afar border, and what are they doing about it? Nothing.
Cagjar is terrible and the admin is horrible. At the very least you are Somali and you are ruled by a Somali. You remind me of those clans who say Al Shabab treats us better lets join them. At the very least Al Shabab won't replace you with another ethnicity and sterilize your men.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It doesn't make sense tho. The more I look at it, the more inaccurate it seems. It could be borders they claim.

For example Merar is included in Oromia. When they wanted to build the dam, they had to (and did) get permission from DDS authorities, since it was supposed taking place inside DDS. Not for a power-sharing agreements (which haven't happened yet).

Some of the areas where I have relatives, are included, which there are no presence of Oromia or Oromo authorities. All of our affairs are done through DDS administrations/authorities.

The road I was speaking about is largely included in Oromia, when it doesn't reflect the reality on the ground. The DDS administration is currently building/upgrading a road there.

Even the city of Tuli Guleed, the main area of ours, is totally surrounded from east and west, and the city itself look very tiny on that map, that excludes a significant part of its surroundings.

To be frank, I'm very unsure of that map, even as I look for other details. :cosbyhmm:
It is because of the 2004 referendum. The little pockets of Oromia are areas where Jaarso filth voted to join Oromia.

@Araabi if Samaroon join Oromia, how are you going to resist Oromo assimilation? Two generations later there will be no Samaroon left to speak of.

Dir is now an Oromo tribe? Jarso, Qallu, Karanle, and even 90% of the whole Harari ethnicity have become Oromo. Don't cry when you hear that filthy Dothraki version of Somali being spoken in your tuulo.

Some of these clans were already Oromo of origin, but became Somalized over time. And use partly this reasons, when joining the Oromo region.

DDS should use media propaganda to inform Somalis about the consequences of joining the Oromos. At the same time, they should provide assistance to one of the communities as much as possible to help them reach prosperity, in order to set an example for other clans

Thats my two cents, don't know if it possible or not, but it's better than doing nothing.

I disagree. It should be left to everyone to make a decision for themselves. As far as me and my sub-clan, we would never leave the Somali state, be it willingly or unwillingly. Especially not for Oromia. We have a history for always fighting for a unified Somali people. While it look unlikely now, we haven't given up yet (regardless of what people think of this).

If some clans wants to leave, let them do so. Once they live, they should find a destiny with the people they chose, the Oromos in this case. Though, while they still are Somalis, I personally would not participate nor care about, whatever package that comes with joining Ajanabis. If they face problems in the future, they will only have to deal with Oromos and not us (such as being discriminated for speaking/being Somali and assimilated). I'd much rather have a Somali region where everyone believes in creating a future together, despite the current problems/divisions we are facing now. Many people are suffering, so we just need a better regional government, and most problem would drastically reduce. Laakin, my advice would be to think twice, better making that irreversible decision.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
It is because of the 2004 referendum. The little pockets of Oromia are areas where Jaarso filth voted to join Oromia.
@Araabi if Samaroon join Oromia, how are you going to resist Oromo assimilation? Two generations later there will be no Samaroon left to speak of.
he isn’t samaroon

Where are we supposed to get our Xaqq from? Are we supposed to just put up with injustice for the sake of Somalinimo?

Cagjar knows what move to make. It's simple. Oromia state has already made their move.

For Samaroon & Geri: Grant a Harawo zone, sub-districts, city administrations in Awbare, Dambal and Harawo for Samaroon. And a Tuli city administration and more sub districts for Geri. What else would be beneficial for Geri ? @GaradShabeel

And maybe join up those two clans land as Harawo zone to reinforce a relatively well defined border against Oromia? Plus heavy investment in the development of that zone.

As Samaroon we will entertain the idea of joining Oromia but with the right amount of concessions from the Admin, we will stay put.

Last edited:

Waa sax, I'm aware of it and mentioned here too, though it still doesn't add up. Below is the former Jinacsani Woreda. It was split with 43 Kebles leaving and 40 Kebles remaining. His map of those areas remaining in DDS doesn't cover all areas we have left, only a small fraction of it. Even some of where I have relatives and no Oromo control, was placed under Oromia. Does his map look like half of Jinacsani was within DDS? I don't think so.

Compare them.

1677700404862.png
Skärmavbild 2023-03-01 kl. 21.00.50.png

Garaad diinle

 
I disagree. It should be left to everyone to make a decision for themselves. As far as me and my sub-clan, we would never leave the Somali state, be it willingly or unwillingly. Especially not for Oromia. We have a history for always fighting for a unified Somali people. While it look unlikely now, we haven't given up yet (regardless of what people think of this).

If some clans wants to leave, let them do so. Once they live, they should find a destiny with the people they chose, the Oromos in this case. Though, while they still are Somalis, I personally would not participate nor care about, whatever package that comes with joining Ajanabis. If they face problems in the future, they will only have to deal with Oromos and not us (such as being discriminated for speaking/being Somali and assimilated). I'd much rather have a Somali region where everyone believes in creating a future together, despite the current problems/divisions we are facing now. Many people are suffering, so we just need a better regional government, and most problem would drastically reduce. Laakin, my advice would be to think twice, better making that irreversible decision.
I don't know if this'll be a good idea. You wouldn't hear of people from other regions in ethiopia choosing to leave or stay depending on how they feel about the regional government. You'll never see people leaving oromiya or the amhara region meanwhile in the somali region large part of dds is being handed over to neighbouring regions.

The system is rigged against the somali region. If this continue nothing will be left of somali galbeed. Anybody who want to leave are free to do so but they're not allowed to take the land with them. A number of referendums have been done and the bordar area have been agreed upon. You'll never see a country that has the option to leave or stay not even a reigion in ethiopia has this choice other than the somali reigion. We must preserve the integrity of dds.

Last edited:
Where are we supposed to get our Xaqq from? Are we supposed to just put up with injustice for the sake of Somalinimo?

Cagjar knows what move to make. It's simple. Oromia state has already made their move.

For Samaroon & Geri: Grant a Harawo zone, sub-districts, city administrations in the borderlands of Awbare, Dambal and Harawo for Samaroon. And a Tuli city administration and more sub districts for Geri. And join up those two clans land to reinforce a border against Oromia. Plus heavy investent in the development of that zone.

As Samaroon we will entertain the idea of joining Oromia but with the right amount of concessions from the Admin, we will stay put.
What is we. You don't even exist anymore. Find an Oromo word for your qabiil. Injustice is not an excuse to become treasonous. Anywhere we see a Samaroon person, we won't think of them as a somali in the future sadly if you go on with this. I suggest you learn Oromo.

What is we. You don't even exist anymore. Find an Oromo word for your qabiil. Injustice is not an excuse to become treasonous. Anywhere we see a Samaroon person, we won't think of them as a somali in the future sadly if you go on with this. I suggest you learn Oromo.
Are you a nacas? We are the Dir you're talking about and we haven't even joined them yet:snoop:

Edit: Stop with the gaslighting nigga :pachah1:

What is your Qabil btw?

Last edited:
Are you a nacas? I am the Dir you're talking about and we haven't even joined them yet:snoop:
Yet. That's what I am saying. Join them and it's at your death and your fellow Somalis. Dir was the vanguard of Somali civilization and if you guys join Oromo, Zaylac, Adal Sultante, Boromaa, and the Saylici, will be taken by oromas. You will be forced to speak their language like you do in Dire Dawa, Bombaas, and Baabil. Areas that used to be 99% somali joined Oromia and today they aren't even 30% of the qabiil that left. You will come back crying Somalinmeo or you won't even exist at all.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Waa sax, I'm aware of it and mentioned here too, though it still doesn't add up. Below is the former Jinacsani Woreda. It was split with 43 Kebles leaving and 40 Kebles remaining. His map of those areas remaining in DDS doesn't cover all areas we have left, only a small fraction of it. Even some of where I have relatives and no Oromo control, was placed under Oromia. Does his map look like half of Jinacsani was within DDS? I don't think so.

Compare them.

View attachment 257502View attachment 257504
The real map which shows the results of the referendum is the one with the blue arrow. Oromia wants to connect the little enclaves of Jaarso into one piece. This means that farm areas that are majority Geri and Samaroon will have to be included in Oromia. They want to have their territories connected.

For Samaroon & Geri: Grant a Harawo zone, sub-districts, city administrations in Awbare, Dambal and Harawo for Samaroon. And a Tuli city administration and more sub districts for Geri. What else should Geri get?

And maybe join up those two clans land to reinforce a well defined border against Oromia? Plus heavy investment in the development of that zone.

At this point, we have literally no demands. Those are secondary thoughts tbh, when you're fighting just to remain in your own regional state. The solution is simply, to implement the results of the referendum and demarcation of the border. While doing these go through all of our issues together with Jarso and Geri on a local level, so nothing can be contested in the future. And a final agreement with DDS-Oromia.

As far as Tuli Guleed, a new woreda was created after the referendum. But the entire former Jinacsani Woreda has been turned over to Oromia, at least in all official maps. That needs to be corrected. So as of now, we are only recognized by DDS, even if Oromia is currently violating our land.

Aside from this, I'd say find powersharing agreement (at least until we democratizes fully) between Geri and Jarso, both in Tuli Guleed where we are majority and in Jinacsani where there are a significant Geri left.

Also regarding resources, our farm areas are not being utilized to the best of its ability. I'm sure it's the same for you guys. Invest more into these areas, so more can be produced and efficiently. Currently, many locals don't even have access to modern equipments. So they do get a lot of outside support from us living abroad, but the gov't assistance is very minimum.

Laakin as you're saying, a reconfiguration of the zones and woredas in our area is very needed.

I don't know if this'll be a good idea. You wouldn't hear of people from other regions in ethiopia choosing to leave or stay depending on how they feel about the regional government. You'll never see people leaving oromiya or the amhara region meanwhile in the somali region large part of dds is being handed over to neighbouring regions.

The system is rigged against the somali region. If this continue nothing will be left of somali galbeed. Anybody who want to leave are free to do so but they're not allowed to take the land with them. A number of referendums have been done and the bordar area have been agreed upon. You'll never see a country that has the option to leave or stay not even a reigion in ethiopia has this choice other than the somali reigion.

The referendum was a case in point. It has not happened elsewhere like this, where individual towns are put on a ballot and selected individually. So now we have gerrymandering of towns, that do even go together, in a new region. This would never slide in a different regional state, which is why it haven't happened.

Another fact, the Somali regional state is the only region to never has elected its own leader since these regions was created. Always ordered from Addis to rule us. The natural consequence, is little confidence from the public. To make matter worse, only serving the interest of those they are loyal to. Like now, as DDS is falling bit by bit, he can't do much with hands being tied, though he can at least speak up or try to negotiate. Nada is being done.

This unfortunately plays well within our clan based society. Every sub-clan is independent of others, and will make a decision for themselves. Just like those Somali clans who left in 2004. All in all, we need true justice for all and I agree with you. But actors behind the scenes are preventing it. :damn:

We're talking about a Dawlad here and you're talking about some random masakiin that are acting on their own accord :mindblown:

Anyway, you couldn't even answer my basic question when I asked for your subclan....As far as I'm concerned you're a sheegato.

Cut out the bs and stay out of affairs that don't concern you and have zero knowledge of.
Your literally arguing for samaroon to become Oromo and I’m a sheegato, my subclan is mahadcase lol