Ethiopia and Djibouti March Forward :Fastest Growing Economies Of The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethiopia is another failed country that is barley holding on with the help of China.
Exactly. All their "so-called" Foreign Direct Investment is leveraged D.E.B.T.

Which they plan to repay through Ogaden/Western Somalia oil shipped via Hobyo to Myanmar, and than onto China. Hence why they're spending billions on pipelines in the ogaden but can't even feed their own people.

Women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie.

True, but where you get those numbers matters also. I don't adhere to the hype of rapid growth but i also get frustrated by people who refuse to knowledge what little improvements that have been made. The truths is somewhere in between. To bad you can't separate politic from economy. We would all have been better off. :francis:

True, but where you get those numbers matters also. I don't adhere to the hype of rapid growth but i also get frustrated by people who refuse to knowledge what little improvements that have been made. The truths is somewhere in between. To bad you can't separate politic from economy. We would all have been better off. :francis:
Nice try with your rational tone/technique and appealing to my emotional east african sensibilities. Not gonna work though.

You choose to deliberately come to a Somali website and peddle those trash numbers in the OP's article, while you're trying to take over our country, and you tell ME to differentiate between business and politics....Sure buddy.

"People" like you only adhere to TPLF official guidelines...

You'd refuse anything dispelling that myth unless it came from the TPLF.
Clearly you don't know me:ayaanswag:, so I don't know where 'people like you' came from:mjlol:.

Nice that you are so interested in us :icon lol:.

Nice try with your rational tone/technique and appealing to my emotional east african sensibilities. Not gonna work though.

You choose to deliberately come to a Somali website and peddle those trash numbers in the OP's article, while you're trying to take over our country, and you tell ME to differentiate between business and politics....Sure buddy.

I am choosing to be rational and sensible because nothing about East African politics is rational or sensible but hey please add my sensibility to the list of things you hate about Ethiopia...because a new generation of Africans who can't event have rational discussion is exactly what we need[/QUOTE]

I'm on Somalispot, last time i checked, this isn't raw-meat-lovers annual gathering forum. Who's interested in who now.
giphy.gif

I am choosing to be rational and sensible because nothing about East African politics is rational or sensible but hey please add my sensibility to the list of things you hate about Ethiopia...because a new generation of Africans who can't event have rational discussion is exactly what we need
[/QUOTE]
Still, i don't buy what your selling.

Let me educate you for a second.

The reason why people don't accept absolute, and utter non-sense like "Ethiopia is the world's fastest growing economy, whether we are Somali, Beja, Sudanese, Afar, Somali, Eritrean, Oromo or any other country/people that reject official TPLF propaganda, is because those fake numbers and economic growth myth DIRECTLY contribute to the killing, raping, murder and displacement of the said groups above, wholesale. That myth contributes directly to human suffering in East Africa, because the TPLF uses it to make deals with questionable regimes like China, who will make deals with anyone and won't EVER question their internal politics or human rights abuses because they do the same back in Asia.

It is a F.A.C.T that Ethiopia displaces indigenous people from their ancestral lands, by military and brute force, in order to make way for foreign investors..........in order to keep the myth of economic growth going.

So no, I don't accept your propaganda, but if you want to discuss genuine economic topics without indirectly supporting genocide, than you're welcome.

Most of the countries above Ethiopia have economy that rely on natural resources while Ethiopia as little to non existing natural resources to exploit. :kodaksmiley:If we had a third of what Nigeria has naturally, we would already be a middle income country. Our main export is mostly agricultural. The gains we have made should be celebrated.

We don't even have access to the sea and shell out billions to Djibouti for that pleasure and still come out ahead.:salute:

giphy.gif

Still, i don't buy what your selling.

Let me educate you for a second.

The reason why people don't accept absolute, and utter non-sense like "Ethiopia is the world's fastest growing economy, whether we are Somali, Beja, Sudanese, Afar, Somali, Eritrean, Oromo or any other country/people that reject official TPLF propaganda, is because those fake numbers and economic growth myth DIRECTLY contribute to the killing, raping, murder and displacement of the said groups above, wholesale. That myth contributes directly to human suffering in East Africa, because the TPLF uses it to make deals with questionable regimes like China, who will make deals with anyone and won't EVER question their internal politics or human rights abuses because they do the same back in Asia.

It is a F.A.C.T that Ethiopia displaces indigenous people from their ancestral lands, by military and brute force, in order to make way for foreign investors..........in order to keep the myth of economic growth going.

So no, I don't accept your propaganda, but if you want to discuss genuine economic topics without indirectly supporting genocide, than you're welcome.[/QUOTE]

Your making too much assumptions here:

First you assumed because i am Ethiopian i support the current government and their un- elected asses.I don't . I certainly do not in any way support their extrajudicial killing of my people no matter their ethnicity/religion.

Second you assume Ethiopians are not able to self reflect. Walk up to an Ethiopian and ask them if Ethiopia's government is perfect and the most ardent supporter would not say yes. We KNOW there are problems in the country/government.

but here the thing. Things have changed in the past 20 years and yes some for the better and some for the worst. Politics (especially in Africa ) is not black and white. My blood boils every time i hear people are killed for protesting or a defenseless people are being forced to leave their ancestral home. Should my anger at what they are doing to my people stop me form seeing/acknowledging the development that i have seen with my own eyes. I can have these two feelings simultaneously. One does not negate the other because both are true!

I want change to happen and naively i want it to happen without bloodshed. A sentiment i know most Ethiopians hold hence why nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts