8. Ethiopia: $78.3 BN
9. Kenya : $75.0 BN
10. Libya : $54.4 BN (big comeback)
11. Tanzania: $51.1 BN
12. Ghana : $42.7 BN
13. DR Congo : $41.0 BN
14. Tunisia : $40.2 BN
15. Ivory Coast : $36.8 BN

Most of the countries above Ethiopia have economy that rely on natural resources while Ethiopia as little to non existing natural resources to exploit. :kodaksmiley:If we had a third of what Nigeria has naturally, we would already be a middle income country. Our main export is mostly agricultural. The gains we have made should be celebrated.

We don't even have access to the sea and shell out billions to Djibouti for that pleasure and still come out ahead.:salute:

Download the database.

But here:

2016 GDP:
Nigeria - $404B
Egypt - $332B
South Africa - $294B
Algeria - $160B
Morocco - $104B
Angola - $96B
Sudan - $94B
Ethiopia - $73B
Kenya - $69B
Tanzania - $47B
Ghana - $43B
Tunisia - $42B
D.R.Congo - $42B
Cote d'Ivoire - $35B
Libya - $33B

2017 GDP:
1. Nigeria : $400.6 BN
2. Egypt : $332.3 BN (2017 N/A)
3. S Africa : $317.5 BN
4. Algeria : $173.9 BN
5. Angola : $122.3 BN
6. Sudan : $115.8 BN
7. Morocco: $105.6 BN
That still agrees similarly to what the OP posted, the % is the same. Besides our fiscal year is not over yet, nor is Sudan's so these are just estimates. This estimates Sudan's nominal GDP to have grown by 23.2%:faysalwtf:.........
The economic growth you keep hearing is % growth, not $

Most of the countries above Ethiopia have economy that rely on natural resources while Ethiopia as little to non existing natural resources to exploit. :kodaksmiley:If we had a third of what Nigeria has naturally, we would already be a middle income country. Our main export is mostly agricultural. The gains we have made should be celebrated.

We don't even have access to the sea and shell out billions to Djibouti for that pleasure and still come out ahead.:salute:
We lost nearly all of our oil, and our gold exports aren't the reason for our growth; but rather FDI which is due to our growing mechanized agriculture industry and growing ICT industry. And we have hundreds of food products manufactured in Sudan (yogurt, pasta, refined sugar, soda, etc) so we don't need to import any food.

The Ethiopian government really needs to start creating jobs instead of depending on China. I know waaay too many Ethiopians here (i'm in Khartoum right now) looking for jobs since there are none in Ethiopia.

That still agrees similarly to what the OP posted, the % is the same. Besides our fiscal year is not over yet, nor is Sudan's so these are just estimates. This estimates Sudan's nominal GDP to have grown by 23.2%:faysalwtf:.........
The economic growth you keep hearing is % growth, not $
Economic growth isn't only % growth... FDI plays a role.

We lost nearly all of our oil, and our gold exports aren't the reason for our growth; but rather FDI which is due to our growing mechanized agriculture industry and growing ICT industry. And we have hundreds of food products manufactured in Sudan (yogurt, pasta, refined sugar, soda, etc) so we don't need to import any food.

The Ethiopian government really needs to start creating jobs instead of depending on China. I know waaay too many Ethiopians here (i'm in Khartoum right now) looking for jobs since there are none in Ethiopia.

We are trying to make jobs, I don't understand how we are depending on China:faysalwtf:. If you mean employing local workers to participate in Chinese projects, we are doing that.

Download the database.

But here:

2016 GDP:
Nigeria - $404B
Egypt - $332B
South Africa - $294B
Algeria - $160B
Morocco - $104B
Angola - $96B
Sudan - $94B
Ethiopia - $73B
Kenya - $69B
Tanzania - $47B
Ghana - $43B
Tunisia - $42B
D.R.Congo - $42B
Cote d'Ivoire - $35B
Libya - $33B

2017 GDP:
1. Nigeria : $400.6 BN
2. Egypt : $332.3 BN (2017 N/A)
3. S Africa : $317.5 BN
4. Algeria : $173.9 BN
5. Angola : $122.3 BN
6. Sudan : $115.8 BN
7. Morocco: $105.6 BN
sudans numbers:ehh:

We are trying to make jobs, I don't understand how we are depending on China:faysalwtf:. If you mean employing local workers to participate in Chinese projects, we are doing that.
Depending on China to build all those office towers that end up empty and mostly employ foreigners to build?

Construction jobs are better than nothing, yes, but I mean decent paying jobs such as the telecom industry, healthcare, engineering, etc.

Depending on China to build all those office towers that end up empty and mostly employ foreigners to build?

Construction jobs are better than nothing, yes, but I mean decent paying jobs such as the telecom industry, healthcare, engineering, etc.
Which office towers?????????

upload_2017-6-16_14-47-21.png

You bring up a fair point about jobs but if 68% of your exports comes from Petroleum and Gold then i would say they makes a significant difference to your GDP.

This is Ethiopia's in the same year.

upload_2017-6-16_14-53-15.png

Like @adaharari mentioned our biggest challenge is population. Because all the gains we have made would be meaning less when we divide the GDP/population.

upload_2017-6-16_14-45-1.png upload_2017-6-16_14-52-36.png

The ones being built all across Addis... There have been several articles on how the government builds them using foreign aid to front faux development and they end up empty with no employers or even employees.

404 Not Found
Fixed it now

The ones being built all across Addis... There have been several articles on how the government builds them using foreign aid to front faux development and they end up empty with no employers or even employees.

404 Not Found
I am not aware of any being built 'all across Addis'. It is mainly hotels, banks and residential blocks going up now.

View attachment 21220

You bring up a fair point about jobs but if 68% of your exports comes from Petroleum and Gold then i would say they makes a significant difference to your GDP.

This is Ethiopia's in the same year.

View attachment 21222

Like @adaharari mentioned our biggest challenge is population. Because all the gains we have made would be meaning less when we divide the GDP/population.

View attachment 21218 View attachment 21221
Our actual GDP growth was only 3-4%, so you can say that's due to oil/gold. But that's still nothing compared to our 20% economy growth came from FDI which has nothing to do with oil/gold. This makes sense since oil is worth practically nothing now.

Fixed it now
still not working.

Economic growth?
I think the F not.

Ethiopia:

http://ecadforum.com/2017/06/04/ethiopia-double-digit-growth-quadruple-digit-propaganda/

http://www.ginbot7.org/ethiopias-economic-fallacy-nominal-growth-and-real-poverty/

http://www.zehabesha.com/the-myth-of-development-and-growth-in-ethiopia/

Djibouti:
As for your connection to Djibouti?

You're trying to colonize them in order to be able to have access to the seas and eventually build a naval fleet to conquer the Indian Ocean. That naval desire and the (utterly foolish) plan of the Nile river Dam, is why ALL the Gulf Arabs + Sudan/Egypt/United States/Eritrea/Uganda/South Sudan/Yemen/Jordan/Israel etc are preparing to go to war before the Dam is brought on-line.

Good luck with your fantasy.

Somalia has more resources than Nigeria.

It's just our human capital is a trash bin :axvmm9o:

Economic growth?
I think the F not.

Ethiopia:

http://ecadforum.com/2017/06/04/ethiopia-double-digit-growth-quadruple-digit-propaganda/

http://www.ginbot7.org/ethiopias-economic-fallacy-nominal-growth-and-real-poverty/

Djibouti:

You're trying to colonize them in order to be able to have access to the seas and eventually build a naval fleet to conquer the Indian Ocean. That naval desire and the (utterly foolish) plan of the Nile river Dam, is why ALL the Gulf Arabs + Sudan/Egypt/United States/Eritrea/Uganda/South Sudan/Yemen/Jordan/Israel etc are preparing to go to war before the Dam is brought on-line.

Excellent links:pachah1:.

Economic growth?
I think the F not.

Ethiopia:

Djibouti:

:ayaanswag: You should probably provide unbiased sources to state your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending