Enforcement of Hijab

Should it be illegal for Women in Somalia to wear no Hijab/Headscarf outside the home?

• Total voters

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Men have Hijab too. It’s just not taught by ignorant fake muslims, as indicated in this thread.
I know I mean the head clothing tho. I’ve just had enough of men policing women. They don’t care about spirituality but will chastise for your outer appearance. Since when was clothing more important than Iman.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I know I mean the head clothing tho. I’ve just had enough of men policing women. They don’t care about spirituality but will chastise for your outer appearance. Since when was clothing more important than Iman.

They are Ignorant and uneducated, it’s a shame on our community such people have a voice.

Actually I would argue since men DON’T have to wear hijab they have no say in this discussion
Men have Hijab too. It’s just not taught by ignorant fake muslims, as indicated in this thread.

Both of you are right. Men obviously not wearing the headscarf and thus not affected by the proposed law is a given.

But if such a law was to exist, logically there would be a whole lot of other things that would be sanctioned and that would also affect men, as @IftiinOfLife pointed out -> no more shorts for swimming at Liido, enforcing the separation of genders in the public etc. otherwise it would be discriminatory and hypocritical.

That's why I wanted to point out the elephant in the room: Who would enforce those limitations? What would they be authorized to do if you breach the law?
And since Saudi was mentioned as a model, it would be an institution like the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (CPVPV) which comes with its own problems.
And lastly, why change age old Somali cultural norms and sensibilities, as long as they are compliant with the deen if there currently is no issue to be addressed?

Last edited:

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
Let me pray you off the edge sis , I gotchu loool

Thanks
tenor-25.gif

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Dead serious or would you like the direct translation in Somali??
Walal you are free to dress how you want to but that is not Islam but your own desires.

There is no haya or emaan without hijab for a woman. Do you even know what emaan is. It is hear and obey the word of Allah swt in full submission
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 131:
إِذْ قَالَ لَهُ رَبُّهُ أَسْلِمْ قَالَ أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

When his Lord said to him, Submit he said: I submit myself to the Lord of the worlds.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
It’s already enforced by locals, if a girl/woman goes outside without hijab she will probably get stones thrown to her head. The only exception is Djibouti which is more westernised.

What is the point when Somali women have to wear a hijab at this point anyway? How many woman back home can walk safely without a hijab?

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Both of you are right. Men obviously not wearing the headscarf and thus not affected by the proposed law is a given.

But if such a law was to exist, logically there would be a whole lot of other things that would be sanctioned and that would also affect men, as @IftiinOfLife pointed out -> no more shorts for swimming at Liido, enforcing the separation of genders in the public etc. otherwise it would be discriminatory and hypocritical.

That's why I wanted to point out the elephant in the room: Who would enforce those limitations? What would they be authorized to do if you breach the law?
And since Saudi was mentioned as a model, it would be an institution like the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (CPVPV) which comes with its own problems.
And lastly, why change age old Somali cultural norms and sensibilities, as long as they are compliant with the deen if there currently is no issue to be addressed?
You’re one of the few here with any sense. They’re tryna turn us into Afghanistan with gender separation :kanyehmm: audhu billah. Next we should expect underage baaty boys.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Walal you are free to dress how you want to but that is not Islam but your own desires.

There is no haya or emaan without hijab for a woman. Do you even know what emaan is. It is hear and obey the word of Allah swt in full submission
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 131:
إِذْ قَالَ لَهُ رَبُّهُ أَسْلِمْ قَالَ أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

When his Lord said to him, Submit he said: I submit myself to the Lord of the worlds.
Do I know what emaan is :gucciwhat: no I don’t...:drakewtf:
Aight sheikh @Samaalic Era

You’re one of the few here with any sense. They’re tryna turn us into Afghanistan with gender separation :kanyehmm: audhu billah. Next we should expect underage baaty boys.

Walaal, all I'm saying is Somalis have been Muslim much longer than most of the Ummah and kept their own Muslim identity while at it for the most part.

Why a Horn African Shafi'i nation should look for pointers from Hanbali Wahhabis and Shi'as is beyond my understanding.

If modesty was at risk of being subverted then this would be something entirely different, and should be discussed at a societal level looking at multiple factors.
And if we go that route of enforcing anything that our ancestors guarded and cherished out of their own free will then let's be consistant at least.

As long as modesty is provided and we don't copy other detrimental outside influences, I don't see how such measures would be warranted.

Trending