eagle in Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
Galayr or Galaydh similar meaning and at the same time correct. The only difference is dialect/lahjad. Somali language doesn't have one dialect just like how the country is divided and doesn't have one leader:siilaanyolaugh:

Mate, I know that galayr and galaydh are the same thing. I corrected his definition of the word, not his dialect.

Galaydh/galayr in Somali = falcon and not eagle as @yaanyuur said.

BankaTuyo

حيران
@Hybrid @Dalmoor

Haad is a general term for the act of flying e.g. "Gegidda ay diyaaradahu ka haadaan" or "Diyaaradda Daalo oo ka haaday gegidda diyaaradaha Berbera". it means Avian in English. so if you refer to any bird as a Haad in a context, you are correct.

Eagle is Gorgor

Falcon is Galaydh/Galayr

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
@Hybrid @Dalmoor

Haad is a general term for the act of flying e.g. "Gegidda ay diyaaradahu ka haadaan" or "Diyaaradda Daalo oo ka haaday gegidda diyaaradaha Berbera". it means Avian in English. so if you refer to any bird as a Haad in a context, you are correct.

Eagle is Gorgor

Falcon is Galaydh/Galayr
Isn't gorgor a vulture? I know galayr as falcon and sometimes Eagle even tho the Eagle is more stronger than both hawks and falcon. The eagle is also rare in somali areas. Mostly falcons and hawks or vultures. I don't know about the coastal sides if there is a bald eagle

Due to her laugh, I think it has to do with something in between their legs:siilaanyolaugh:, I could be highly wrong again. These weird ass altered Somali sounds confusing:kendrickcry:. I'm saying this because I was in Kenya for 10+ years. If that's not the meaning, I guess it another slang created right there in Eastleigh. Plot twist, I used to encounter girls in my dugsi insulting each other with that word like baarada usheeg:siilaanyosmile:. Something to do with unhygenic private parts. But I could be wrong

@Hybrid

It means say it to my ass :yloezpe: or waax wasakh

@Hybrid @Dalmoor

Eagle is Gorgor

Falcon is Galaydh/Galayr

This geezer is right....simple..

I can't believe the lack of somaĺi language in these middle aged people..

Go to Somalia for a learning holiday folks

BankaTuyo

حيران
Never heard such thing:gucciwhat:. I guess that's how you use it in your dialects

hahahaha, didn't you hear about the infamous poem of sayid M.A.Hassan when he was was bombed by the British and he said complaining "Coomaadayaal duulaya ayay Cadan ka keeneene'" = "They have brought noisy vultures from Aden/Yemen" the name is not local but all over the Somali literature.

do we seriously have middle aged people here in SSpot?

I happen to be one...o_O

Edit..
Considering the ummah of the prophet have a medium age of 60-something I personally consider anyone above 30 as middle aged..which is factually correct description considering the average age of eartlingsss

In Sweden at 70 you are a young man in South Sudan at 50 you are a lucky old aged man

Last edited:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
@Hybrid @Dalmoor

Eagle is Gorgor

Falcon is Galaydh/Galayr
I guess you're right. You seem to be very fluent in Somali

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Isn't gorgor a vulture? I know galayr as falcon and sometimes Eagle even tho the Eagle is more stronger than both hawks and falcon. The eagle is also rare in somali areas. Mostly falcons and hawks or vultures. I don't know about the coastal sides if there is a bald eagle
bald eagles are only found in North America. There are some martial eagles in west and south Somalia who are quite large but if I remember correctly, people back home refer to vultures as gorgor.

BankaTuyo

حيران
You seem to be very fluent in Somali

Not fluent at all bro! as our language is very rich and extremely diverse, being a "hardcore" geeljire who grew up in rural Somalia in the 90s and never been to the west in my life; am not very happy with my meager knowledge of the language. Everyday i try to learn new stuff, but as i mentioned it is very hard to attain a high level command of the Somali language, it is too big and daunting to master.

Status
Not open for further replies.