Dying Somali traditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I remember the first time I had shaah it was at a wedding in Ethiopia. Good times:ahh:
I felt like an adult
My mum still does this I just don't drink it but my siblings do:damedamn: I didn't realise it was our tradition

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
What do you guys sabayad/khamis with?

Don't know if I spelt that correctly.
I eat it either with cup of caano and shaah (there's a word for that i think it's cadaay) and ngl I put chocolate spread on it alot:lolbron:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Hooyo taught me well I can cook baasto, bariis, nomal suugo, suugo cad, chicken and hilib but I'm not really bothered to cook. I also realized hilib is more expensive than I though. I bought a kilo of hilib when I cooked it I was like "is that all of it?" :ileycry: I spent money on that hilib how is it so little :farole:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn I didn't realise we had a user in severe poverty.

I eat it either with cup of caano and shaah (there's a word for that i think it's cadaay) and ngl I put chocolate spread on it alot:lolbron:

I was gonna say with chocolate spread but thought people would think that was weird. It is kinda the only way I eat it.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Does anyone else have yogurt and plain sticky bariis for ramadhan suhur time.
Plain white bariis with milk and some sugar.
Milk is warmed up.

It’s kind of like warm cereal.

My fob cousins showed it to us years ago. Ever since than it’s been a common meal my mother and siblings eat for suhur.

I usually like to stick with actual Cereal though. Going a month without breakfast cereal is hard cause I enjoy it. I also throw in a desert like a little bowl of ice cream.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Plain white bariis with milk and some sugar.
Milk is warmed up.

It’s kind of like warm cereal.

My fob cousins showed it to us years ago. Ever since than it’s been a common meal my mother and siblings eat for suhur.

I usually like to stick with actual Cereal though. Going a month without breakfast cereal is hard cause I enjoy it. I also throw in a desert like a little bowl of ice cream.
Yeah my mum always made for us since it kept me full compared to cereal. Even if I prefer eating cereal I realise it doenst keep me full.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Bariis with sour milk is caadi, but rice with milk sounds awful. It's up there with people who have pasta and sugar for suxuur.z3zrULC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending