What are we

• A mix of Sub-Saharan and Middle Eastern

Votes: 45 28.7%
  • A pure race indigenous to East Africa

Votes: 112 71.3%

• Total voters

Som

VIP
If we're being frank, it's 40-60, west eurasian and african. This mix happened prehistory. Probably in the neolithic era. A group similar to natufians and the dinka were the mix. The cause was most like forced migration due to the desertification of the sahara and arabia. 5000 years ago it was green.
"The ethio-somali component is a mix of west eurasian and african." But is ethio-somali a mix of Westeurasian+ subsaharan african or a mix of Westeurasian+northafrican? Cause i think I've read somewhere it's northafrican

Som

VIP
K10. The origins is counted as a mix, at which most is west eurasian. I prefer K10 because it's more clear cut.
Sorry if insist. How is K10 more clear cut? 'I have no clear idea of what this whole K+Number is all about. For example why is arabian (Brown column) just a tiny bit in k12 but more present at K10? Same for omotic (purple) we have more or less the same as habeshas at k11 but not much at K12

We are as unique and as African as the pygmés in the Congo, or the khoisan people in South-africa😐i dont believe were mixed, our language is unique our culture and traditions aswell isnt borrowed.

Apollo

VIP
Most human populations are a mixture of various Paleolithic and Neolithic populations.

However, Somalis have been more or less the same race the past 5,000 years, except for maybe acquiring 10% more East Horn of Africa hunter-gatherer ancestry in the past two or three millennia.

Sorry if insist. How is K10 more clear cut? 'I have no clear idea of what this whole K+Number is all about. For example why is arabian (Brown column) just a tiny bit in k12 but more present at K10? Same for omotic (purple) we have more or less the same as habeshas at k11 but not much at K12
K represents variables. Each number is an additional variable. K11 added ethiopic, which represents Omotic people. K12 added Ethio-somali.

K10 makes more sense when referencing the time in which the two groups intermixed. Nilo-saharan for the African genes. Ancient West Eurasian for the Non-African genes. 60-40 respectively.

"The ethio-somali component is a mix of west eurasian and african." But is ethio-somali a mix of Westeurasian+ subsaharan african or a mix of Westeurasian+northafrican? Cause i think I've read somewhere it's northafrican
We're talking about the Neolithic era. Modern North Africans have the gene as well. Hence why I just prefer referencing it as Non-African.

Well, the way dad explained it is that they’re different races in Africa . Somali people look different from mixed Bantus or Nilotics. Like I know I don’t look like neither Nina Simone or Beyoncé. My boyfriend and my exes tell me that I don’t look black as in Bantu but doesn’t look like other race in general. At my old job, the only other black chick there was a half white/Hallie Berry type . To my other co-worker (all non-black), say that about my looks, too. A couple of them out right asked me if I’m Ethiopian or Somali.
In short, Somalis are the own race or at least sub group.

Also, Somalis are VERY old . I think that we share a common ancestor with Arabs and other groups because of this. Plus, I believe our phenotype is a result of evolution. Think about it. The main trade for Somalis was trading aka interacting with non African people. Aka people that may have a negative way towards non-Nordic types. Perhaps, our features helped with negotiating and as a way to subconsciously lure ajnabis in a false sense of security .
BUT, that’s just a theory. A Somali theory. Thanks for watching

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Pure I am not Nilote Levant mix alright people I am Darood but no Arab lineage

Boogie

Waryaa we are Pure Somalis but if u wanna go far far back we are mixed

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
our last admixture was thousands of years ago. there is no ethnic group today that has lasted that long without some sort of mixture.

we are one of the most homogenous groups in Africa. miss me with this bullshit
No one denied this it was u who said we r pure and didnt descand from the levant aka eurasians + sudan its was u who didnt accept the fact, and now u bring in others, اشهذا :draketf:

Boogie

Prehistoric mixes doesn't mean we are Arab babies.
Why can't people be content with being Somali ? What's the purpose in trying to find ajnabi ancestors ? :ileycry:
First of all we aren't of Arab origin E1B1B isn't Arab. 2nd of all no one is looking to bootyclap to ajnabis we just wanna know who these niggas were and what we are its very interesting ngl plus we finally found out where our big ass foreheads came from :deadrose:

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
Having dark skin and really pointy nose makes you look tamil nadoe
The amount of times my cousin's have had Indians or south Asians come up to them speaking Hindi Urdu is alarming

So maybe we Indians ahahahha jokes
But I heard people think Somalis are mixed with Arabs or Indians one or the two

I think cushite is ethnic group and that's who look like

The Fulani the Tutsi the Masai etc etc

Trending