Do You "REGRET" Your College Major?

Yes and I'm switching next year out of it. I got bamboozled into taking an "electrical engineering" program that was actually just preparing me to be a TV technician with a base salary of 50k CAD if I'm lucky. :dead: thank god I caught this B.S in first year lmao.

I'm planing on taking software engineering program in the fall.

I'm also signing up for the elecrician trade union to fall back on incase this program prepares me for another useless job as well.

Last edited:
Yes and I'm switching next year out of it. I got bamboozled into taking an "electrical engineering" program that was actually just preparing me to be a TV technician with a base salary of 50k CAD if I'm lucky. :dead: thank god I caught this B.S in first year lmao.

I'm also signing up for the elecrician trade union to fall back on incase this program prepares me for another useless job as well.
Congratulations man and you can do it :salute:

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier

Electrical Eng. is definitely not a bad field to go into and there is often a wealth of jobs to go into (although the high paying ones are normally with defense contractors) but it’s normally done as a joint program with Electronic Eng. at least in my country

Electrical Eng. is definitely not a bad field to go into and there is often a wealth of jobs to go into (although the high paying ones are normally with defense contractors) but it’s normally done as a joint program with Electronic Eng. at least in my country
It wasn't one of those normal electrical engineering programs I basically got screwed over by college clickbait.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
It wasn't one of those normal electrical engineering programs I basically got screwed over by college clickbait.
Oh sorry to hear that. I’m guessing it was an electrician type thing instead of actual engineering?

Oh sorry to hear that. I’m guessing it was an electrician type thing instead of actual engineering?
Even if it was elecrician I wouldn't mind cause they make bank. It was a technician program preparing students to be TV fixers 😭 no engineering to it at all

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Even if it was elecrician I wouldn't mind cause they make bank. It was a technician program preparing students to be TV fixers 😭 no engineering to it at all

People buy new TVs once they stop working even if its a minor issue. They will have it long enough to justify the cost.

Trending