DO EVIL PEOPLE EXIST?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Yes, those are called psychopaths but they might be sociopaths too.

A psychopath is born that way however a sociopath is molded by his environment
or the world from a early age.

A child that only knows pain from the beginning, with none to teach them morals
act out simply because they dont know any better.

Nature vs nurture.

See it’s not just that easy tho, I get that we are molded by our environment but I do think psychopaths are born with psychopathic tendencies, it’s the only thing that would explain why certain people get abused and turn out suicidal/victims and others turn out psychopaths, there’s got to be something that was there from the beginning.

See it’s not just that easy tho, I get that we are molded by our environment but I do think psychopaths are born with psychopathic tendencies, it’s the only thing that would explain why certain people get abused and turn out suicidal/victims and others turn out psychopaths, there’s got to be something that was there from the beginning.

I think that's what he meant by it being dormant in all of us. It could either be enhanced or suprresed depending on our environment but I could be wrong.

Wait why do we need a devil if we already have free will and evil?

Our inner self, the nafs (analagous to the id in Freud's model of the psyche), is our own greatest enemy. The devil whispers to us so that we may succumb to our base desires and commit evil deeds willingly. He despises the children of Nabi Adam AS and wishes to see us fail in this world and burn in the next

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti

Psycpaths are born, not made.
They have little to zero emotions.
No fear, sadness, empathy and ofc guilt.

You cant compare them with a normal human being or even a sociopath for that matter.

Those who turn out "psychopaths" are usually driven by their emotions and pains.
Whole different ball game.

If you want to learn more, start with prof Jordan Peterson and Carl Jung

Our inner self, the nafs (analagous to the id in Freud's model of the psyche), is our own greatest enemy. The devil whispers to us so that we may succumb to our base desires and commit evil deeds willingly. He despises the children of Nabi Adam AS and wishes to see us fail in this world and burn in the next
But if we have the capacity for evil and the free will to do what we want than we wouldn’t need a shaythan..as in like how we still do wrong even when he is locked up.

NotMyL

VIP
I think that's what he meant by it being dormant in all of us. It could either be enhanced or suprresed depending on our environment but I could be wrong.
But whose to say those that don’t act on it are suppressing anything?

But if we have the capacity for evil and the free will to do what we want than we wouldn’t need a shaythan..as in like how we still do wrong even when he is locked up.

The danger with evil is that repetition of deeds leads to an internalization of a specific behaviour. If the shaiytan convinces you to do evil, and you willingly decide to commit evil, with enough episodes, the shaiytan will no longer need to whisper anything to you as it has now become a part of your character, hence why people who commit sins in Ramadan when the devil is locked up tend to commit sins that they've previously committed. The challenge is then in unlearning that characteristic

Yes, those are called psychopaths but they might be sociopaths too.

A psychopath is born that way however a sociopath is molded by his environment
or the world from a early age.

A child that only knows pain from the beginning, with none to teach them morals
act out simply because they dont know any better.

Nature vs nurture.

Sociopaths are more adaptable to society and rather intelligent, they lack empathy which biologically can’t be cured. They are able to control their emotions and used that basis to manipulate other people. These are the type you see who’re at the top of society e.g. . Hedge fund managers, corporate CEOs. It’s to be noted that they’re calculated and just because they lack empathy the majority of sociopaths tend to avoid the law. Psychopaths on the other hand are reckless, they tend to get into petty crime generally violent people. Psychopaths can change unlike their counterpart.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Evil people exist from the Human and Jinn kind, as mentioned in Surah Al-An'am, so yes evil people do exist.

https://quran.com/6/112

ZMgZ4og.png

The danger with evil is that repetition of deeds leads to an internalization of a specific behaviour. If the shaiytan convinces you to do evil, and you willingly decide to commit evil, with enough episodes, the shaiytan will no longer need to whisper anything to you as it has now become a part of your character, hence why people who commit sins in Ramadan when the devil is locked up tend to commit sins that they've previously committed. The challenge is then in unlearning that characteristic
Than how do you differentiate his influence from inherently being that person?

I'm not exactly sure about that. I'd assume it's just an innate thing that exists in people and we aren't aware of it unless something occurs for us to bring that side out. It also depends on how well a person can handle traumatic experiences because their morals/rational can easily shift if their mental state is weak.

Psycpaths are born, not made.
They have little to zero emotions.
No fear, sadness, empathy and ofc guilt.

You cant compare them with a normal human being or even a sociopath for that matter.

Those who turn out "psychopaths" are usually driven by their emotions and pains.
Whole different ball game.

If you want to learn more, start with prof Jordan Peterson and Carl Jung

Jordan Peterson? The pill addict that stresses discipline? The man that straw mans equal opportunity with equal outcome?

NotMyL

VIP
I'm not exactly sure about that. I'd assume it's just an innate thing that exists in people and we aren't aware of it unless something occurs for us to bring that side out. It also depends on how well a person can handle traumatic experiences because their morals/rational can easily shift if their mental state is weak.
It’s a really complicated topic to understand, I follow and listen to a lot of podcasts about this, mostly psychopaths. I get what you and @Luciddreamer are getting at but it’s not as simple as to say we all have evil in us, for those that act on it, it’s simple to diagnose but what about for those that don’t? you are saying they are suppressing, see to me that’s an assumption we don’t know that and can’t possibly know, I can say they aren’t suppressing anything and were born good, it can go both ways.

Everything is a spectrum

Good and evil are both on the same spectrum, and there is a point of contact between the two. That is why love can easily swing to hate.

A saint can easily distinguish good from evil because of their deep understanding of the subtleties of existence. However unfortunately humans often distort good and evil according to their own interpretations.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti

Our ego does.

The egos job is to protect your identity and self image.

Its job is to tell you that you're a good person that wouldn't harm anyone because
thats how society indoctrinates us from a early age.

But the minute something traumatic happens to you your emotions takes over.
The ego takes a backseat til your heart is fulfilled.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

As much time as iblees lives in this world, he will eventually end up in hell. His evilness is his identity.

With humans, we have a chance to repent and turn a new leaf until our last breath. So, a man who killed millions, can have his sins erased if he is sincerely remorseful and asks for repentance. Our good deeds can cancel the bad as long as we are alive.

In that sense, is it possible for a human to be like the devil? Can we be evil to the point the gates of repentance are closed to us while we are still alive?

As much time as iblees lives in this world, he will eventually end up in hell. His evilness is his identity.

With humans, we have a chance to repent and turn a new leaf until our last breath. So, a man who killed millions, can have his sins erased if he is sincerely remorseful and asks for repentance. Our good deeds can cancel the bad as long as we are alive.

In that sense, is it possible for a human to be like the devil? Can we be evil to the point the gates of repentance are closed to us while we are still alive?

Iblees represents evil in order that you may understand good. He has given flexibility to our existence. Without evil or indeed without the existence of other people outside of yourself, then the possibility to understand and recognise yourself would be non existent.

Imagine if only good existed, and you were the only person in existence. There would be no contrasts for you to take understanding from outside of yourself.

Everything is a science and not as cut and dry as people think.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Iblees represents evil in order that you may understand good. He has given flexibility to our existence. Without evil or indeed without the existence of other people outside of yourself, then the possibility to understand and recognise yourself would be non existent.

Imagine if only good existed, and you were the only person in existence. There would be no contrasts for you to take understanding from outside of yourself.

Everything is a science and not as cut and dry as people think.

Humans can alternate between being good and bad. We have the option unlike iblees who is forever evil.

There is also intention. Humans have caused damage with the intent of a "greater good". To survive or to protect their own.

With iblees, it is out of pure malice. He is bent on causing harm even when it does not benefit him. So my confusion is, how can humans be as evil as iblees?

Trending