Do darker skinned women dislike/avoid lighter skinned guys

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Darker women are attracted to light skin men, don’t believe the lies. Many say they only rate darkskin men bc they feel like they can’t get a man lighter than them. It’s a defense mechanism. I am speaking about madows though, Somali women don’t really trash light men.

You shouldn’t find a problem with Somali women. Lightskin men are highly sought after. Some girls might be a little turned off because they assume you got a lot of women after you, but most would actually prefer a lighter man over a darker one. Light skin men and women are both desirable in our community.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Darker women are attracted to light skin men, don’t believe the lies. Many say they only rate darkskin men bc they feel like they can’t get a man lighter than them. It’s a defense mechanism. I am speaking about madows though, Somali women don’t really trash light men.

You shouldn’t find a problem with Somali women. Lightskin men are highly sought after. Some girls might be a little turned off because they assume you got a lot of women after you, but most would actually prefer a lighter man over a darker one. Light skin men and women are both desirable in our community.
100%, I never realized how prevalent colourism was in the community until recently.

I joke about darkskin women a lot but it’s only for laughs. I have some some funny stories about how I found out about colourism but that’s for another time.

Meh,

I agree, cultural somali women probably dont care as much. They seem more firm as people compared to the more Pro black, westernised, BLM types. All types of media (social and film+TV) has them brainwashed into adapting outsider views/problems & More and more seem to be moving into that direction.

I should save myself the headache and just jump ship. getting with cadaans or arabs is just more simpler.

Last edited:
I'd be more concered about having smooth even skin, beside skintone doesn't matter if you have horrible fat-distribution and garagbe bone structure. :manny:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No one wants dark women
Nah, I used to have a crush on this darkskin somali girl. Darkskin can be ignored if they’re beautiful, but if you’re already ugly and you’re darkskin, it’s basically fuel to the burning garbage.

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
No one wants dark women
Lots of Somali girls in Minnesota are chasing reer xamar men these days. The guys are almost always losers, no good job prospects or criminal records, but they have no problems finding a Somali girl who’ll marry them just because they’re mixed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes but are you not noticing the common patterns out here?

Ive heard it personally, many women talk about their preference for dark skin. And tbf i dont know that many lighter skin men darker skin women couples. Even in my own life i find it harder talking to darker women and I have an easier time talking to women of other races.

Maybe its media, or maybe theyre insecure. I cant figure it out.

I don't really pay attention TBH. Skin colour has never been a preoccupation of mine.

Whenever you think there is a pattern or a trend there is something that disrupts it. I have seen every pigment combo.

I don't really pay attention TBH. Skin colour has never been a preoccupation of mine.

Whenever you think there is a pattern or a trend there is something that disrupts it. I have seen every pigment combo.
It's normally our lesser and more pigmented Somali brethren that obsess over skintone.
The lightskin Masterrace don't concern themselves with such folly :rejoice:

This is a question ive been wondering about for a while. My suspicions say yes.

Any women that can confirm?

To me (a guy) i dont really care but women seem to have a problem with it.
I don’t think a lot of women like men who are lighter than them. Light skin is fine but lighter than the girl is not attractive to some girls.

And why is that?
My theory is that in black media in the west, masculinity is associated with dark skin, and femininity with light skin. Dark skin men are seen as the epitome of masculinity, and light skin women as what feminity looks like. Unfortunately, light skin men and dark skin women get the short side of the stick in this deal. Due to ages of media representation as what a masculine black man looks like, it’s no wonder both light and dark skin women prefer dark skin men.

Qali

Certified Pimp.
This is a question ive been wondering about for a while. My suspicions say yes.

Any women that can confirm?

To me (a guy) i dont really care but women seem to have a problem with it.
They make the best couples tbh