Disowning your child

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread is inspired by @Boqol and his hate for people marrying out. He is ready to disown anyone who doesn’t follow the norm of marrying a Somali , including his friends.

So my question is, what would your child have to do for you to disown them?

Become a drug addict or alcoholic
Not pray
Assault me or their elders/family
Become a call girl or rent boy

I will not disown if they:

Experiment with drugs but repent
Go through low Iman but promise to do better
Have sex before marriage

That's the only things I'll disown them for everything else we can work on

I was raised strictly and I'm doing well Alhamdulillah so apply the same to my children. My parents would hit us if we missed a prayer, but I just take away their pocket money or iPads. The eldest is nine but my dad started praying aged 7.

- Become a rapist/murderer/thief
- Become a drug addict
- Become an abuser
- Be gay or trans
- Become pregnant as a teen

I was raised strictly and I'm doing well Alhamdulillah so apply the same to my children. My parents would hit us if we missed a prayer, but I just take away their pocket money or iPads. The eldest is nine but my dad started praying aged 7.

My family was different... so I tend to not have an emphasizes on things you think are important
But good for you abaayo
There's many ways to instill good in kids
:nvjpqts:

this thread is inspired by @Boqol and his hate for people marrying out. He is ready to disown anyone who doesn’t follow the norm of marrying a Somali , including his friends.

Yes, I will disown friends and family who marry out. I simply won't accept it. Somalis are too inclusive as a group compared to others. Why do we have to accept everything like robots? Somali should marry Somalis only. Half-Somalis even if they're father is Somali, aren't Somalis. We will not accept them.

Yes, I will disown friends and family who marry out. I simply won't accept it. Somalis are too inclusive as a group compared to others. Why do we have to accept everything like robots? Somali should marry Somalis only. Half-Somalis even if they're father is Somali, aren't Somalis. We will not accept them.
:drakelaugh: okay, we get it.

So answer the question, what would your children have to do for you to disown them? other than marrying out

I agree about Salah. It is so important, yet many take it lightly. I know so many people who are indifferent about the fact that they, or others don't pray. :meleshame:

May Allah guide us all.

Apollo

VIP

Full disown:
- Being gay.
- Being involved in organized crime or gangs.
- Race mixing with Niger-Congo groups.
- Being a Christian of any kind or a religious extremist Islamist.

Close to disowning, but not full disown, strong denounce:
- Supporting right/conservative parties in the West.

:drakelaugh: okay, we get it.

So answer the question, what would your children have to do for you to disown them? other than marrying out

- Marrying out
- Marrying out
- Marrying out
- dropping out of school to be a gangster
- selling drugs
- being a hoe or a man-hoe
- disown if the kid becomes a gaal

I agree about Salah. It is so important, yet many take it lightly. I know so many people who are indifferent about the fact that they, or others don't pray. :meleshame:

May Allah guide us all.

Amiin!

Yes they have to learn now or they won't pray when they're adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts