Did somalis enslave people or did somalis get enslaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather trust a 75% somali muslim with my life over the characters spouting some wild shit

deen over race

Some of these same people were on that half-somali thread saying "anyone with a Somali father is Somali to me" and now they're turning around trying to say that 75% Somalis aren't Somali--even if their dad is Somali :kodaksmiley:

I see yall :kodaksmiley:

Ports of Saylac, Tajoura(Djibouti) and Berbera were used; Somalis were slave traders and middle men in those cities. The slave trade mainly took place in the muslim world, Somalis were not enslaved but profited from such.
View attachment 21737
The habesha that're said to be enslaved weren't really habesha but were commonly referred to as, since they came from habesha lands to outsiders. Oromo women being most popular especially for Arabs.

View attachment 21738
I haven't come across any book that suggested Somalis were enslaved though.
Although Somali SJW's will try to say they were enslaved to win more oppression points

Does anyone remember Galool from Somnet? He used to claim Samaales became muslim in order to avoid Arab enslavement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Somalia

The Wiki article covering slavery in Somalia discusses Bantu, Nilotic and Oromo slaves and their various treatments. What it does not discuss are the native negroid groups that never spoke Bantu languages. These would include the Shidle, Shabelli, Makane, Gobuweyn, etc. Other minority groups are either native or preceded the Samaale in-migrations. These would include the Yibir and Gaboye in the North, and the Bajuni, Barwani, Eyle, and Cadcads in the South. The notion that Samaales are native to Somalia is strictly political. They are part of the Omo-Tana Southeastern Cushitic group who began a migration north from the Kenya border about the beginning of the Common Era. The northern clans did not form until the 12th-13th centuries.

The Ajuran had clients among the negroid clans, but did not import slaves. The Ajuran themselves only arrived at the Indian Ocean coast about 1100 AD and they were gone by 1700. Bantu slavery in Somalia did not begin until about 1825, under the Abgal, Wacdan and Mataan clans, the so-called "Diverse Hawiyye". The Italians "freed the slaves", but introduced forced labor. Since then, the history of the Minorities has been mostly subsumed by Samaale fables supportive of nasab Samaale control of everything. But this is political rather than historical reality.

The Omanis just dumped them in our lands....we took no part in enslaving the bantus.
:ohno:

They should get reparations from the arabs & be airlifted to oman.
:siilaanyosmile:

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
I've read accounts from the 1800 when the Egyptians were in charge of Berbera and the Northern Somali coast on behalf of the Ottomans and how the plan by the Somali tribes to get rid of the Egyptians and asking for the British in Aden to Assist them in return to be allowed to station in Berbera. The British had one demand from the Somalis to stop the slave trade at Zeila.

Does anyone remember Galool from Somnet? He used to claim Samaales became muslim in order to avoid Arab enslavement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Somalia

The Wiki article covering slavery in Somalia discusses Bantu, Nilotic and Oromo slaves and their various treatments. What it does not discuss are the native negroid groups that never spoke Bantu languages. These would include the Shidle, Shabelli, Makane, Gobuweyn, etc. Other minority groups are either native or preceded the Samaale in-migrations. These would include the Yibir and Gaboye in the North, and the Bajuni, Barwani, Eyle, and Cadcads in the South. The notion that Samaales are native to Somalia is strictly political. They are part of the Omo-Tana Southeastern Cushitic group who began a migration north from the Kenya border about the beginning of the Common Era. The northern clans did not form until the 12th-13th centuries.

The Ajuran had clients among the negroid clans, but did not import slaves. The Ajuran themselves only arrived at the Indian Ocean coast about 1100 AD and they were gone by 1700. Bantu slavery in Somalia did not begin until about 1825, under the Abgal, Wacdan and Mataan clans, the so-called "Diverse Hawiyye". The Italians "freed the slaves", but introduced forced labor. Since then, the history of the Minorities has been mostly subsumed by Samaale fables supportive of nasab Samaale control of everything. But this is political rather than historical reality.
Didn't Somalis originate from the north? And why do you keep referring to us as "samaales"? :birdman:

Somalis were never slaves - FACT

That Bantu Somali descended from
Ex slaves professor Eno is dead
And I'm so HAPPY!

Insha'Allah his in hell and being
Punished for all his lies about ethnic
Somalis!

IMG_6504.PNG
IMG_6504.PNG

Didn't Somalis originate from the north? And why do you keep referring to us as "samaales"? :birdman:

No. They are part of the Omo-Tana Southeastern Cushitic group, who came from the south.

Somalis are the inhabitants of Somalia. It is a modern term. Samaales are descendants of the Proto-Sam, who came initially from the Sahara as it dried up, developed advanced cultures on the plains of the Sudan, and eventually migrated up the Nile to the Lake Turkana area, where they separated to become the various Cushitic tribes in Ethiopia and the balance of the Horn. The name comes from the putative first "Samaale". It does not include the balance of Somalis, most of whom preceded them.

That Eno fellow is a despicable character with no credibility whatsoever.

Wardheer news had some nice things to say:

http://www.wardheernews.com/professor-enow-a-unique-voice-in-somali-history/

He taught at Portland State and one student in particular thought he was "awesome"

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1624254

"Best prof I ever had. He really cares for his students and is one of the smartest people i have ever met. Has thorough knowledge on everything and explains things in depth with much clarity. Glad i took this course i learned so much thank you Professor Eno"

He was clearly right about a lot of things. Catherine Besteman backs him up in most of her writings.

Last edited:
In being honest here, slaves were taken from Mogadishu and other Swahili city states and taken to Arab ports like berbera and zeila. So southern Somalis were enslaved by northern(Arab) Somalis. They won't teach you this in the history books, draw conclusions

In being honest here, slaves were taken from Mogadishu and other Swahili city states and taken to Arab ports like berbera and zeila. So southern Somalis were enslaved by northern(Arab) Somalis. They won't teach you this in the history books, draw conclusions
i saw someone on Thecoli say this, he was probably was lurking somali forums and took the trolling serious.

That Eno fellow is a despicable character with no credibility whatsoever.
Somalis were never slaves - FACT

That Bantu Somali descended from
Ex slaves professor Eno is dead
And I'm so HAPPY!

Insha'Allah his in hell and being
Punished for all his lies about ethnic
Somalis!

View attachment 21745 View attachment 21745
What on earth is wrong with you people? @Canuck @ethan bradberry @Sharmake shark as well for liking this?

Such disrespect, it's expected from Amun the gaal but not at this level.

Eno was a good man, and highlighted the inequalities bantu people face, just like your beloved marx.

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves, giving him such a habaar at that level is pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts