Did somalis enslave people or did somalis get enslaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
As a group Somalis did not get enslaved en mass. There may have been individual cases (of course) who got trafficked but that happened to every single ethnicity on the planet.

Somalis did not engage in mass scale slavery. The slaves from Zanzibar were brought over by Arabs and/or Persians.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
As a group Somalis did not get enslaved en mass. There may have been individual cases (of course) who got trafficked but that happened to every single ethnicity on the planet.

Somalis did not engage in mass scale slavery. The slaves from Zanzibar were brought over by Arabs and/or Persians.

Some Somalis did enslave people.

Mainly the 'original' inhabitants of south Somalia....

I watched a video on YouTube of a Madowweyne clan praising their former masters. o_O

Apollo

VIP
Some Somalis did enslave people.

Mainly the 'original' inhabitants of south Somalia....

I watched a video on YouTube of a Madowweyne clan praising their former masters. o_O

I refuse to believe that. In the case that they really did do it i) probably after having copied it from Arabs ii) as subsidiaries of Arab merchants.

Accepting Somali involvement in the Madowweyne slave trade is a dangerous thing as it will turn them into perpetual victims blaming Somalis. Even it was true, still deny it.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
More like dumped.

Look at a map. Somalia is in between Zanzibar and Oman. While they were shipping their loot from Zanzibar they dropped off some in Somalia.
They weren't dumped, they were bought by some Somali clans(Abgaal, Geledi, Biimaal, Ajuuran etc). The Italians then freed them from slavery.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I refuse to believe that. In the case that they really did do it i) probably after having copied it from Arabs ii) as subsidiaries of Arab merchants.

Accepting Somali involvement in the Madowweyne slave trade is a dangerous thing as it will turn them into perpetual victims blaming Somalis. Even it was true, still deny it.

:farole:

Some of the Madow will claim their former masters qabil (in the south some madibaan also do this for protection) so there is really no denying it. Most of the clans that did it got their just desserts, they're either nonexistent, kicked out of somalias national border and have had to ally with oromo, or completely politically irrelevant.

This is why when it comes down to it..... I'm from mudug...... and then from awdal...

Somalis north of hiiran have nothing to do with it...

A Somali never got enslaved but we use to enslave slaves from Tanzania(that is what I heard and read)

Last edited:

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
We enslaved the Hebrews in Ancient times. May Allah forgive our ancestors and give solace to my ancestors!

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The Biyomaal, Rahanweyn (especially Digil iirc) and Abgaal we're huge slavers of the Bantu.

Certain Darood clans (who I will not mention) preferred Oromo slaves.

Look at this clown. We should enslave all xamar cadcads, barwanis and bantus that live in somalia. Its either that or go back to where you came from.

lmao you are persistent

She already said she was hawiye, she's not cad cad, chill.

I told him multiple times, my grandfather on my moms side is barwani (so my mom is considered barwani), he's been trying to cyber bully me ever since its really bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.