Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Puntite Should Write In Osmanya
:banderas::banderas:
I Have Come Up On New Dance For Puntites For Weddings And Such Festive Occasion
It's Called Ciyaarta Lamaane
:stevej::mjswag::ohreally::wow1:

I know you is being funny with this sentiment, walaal, but it would be very foolish for one region of Somaliweyn to cordon itself off from the rest of Somalis with a different script. These regional borders you're all so invested in are not all that important economically. Somaliweyn is very economically interdependent and connected from Jabuuti down to Koonfur. Not smart for one region to use a script the others can't read.

I know you is being funny with this sentiment, walaal, but it would be very foolish for one region of Somaliweyn to cordon itself off from the rest of Somalis with a different script. These regional borders you're all so invested in are not all that important economically. Somaliweyn is very economically interdependent and connected from Jabuuti down to Koonfur. Not smart for one region to use a script the others can't read.
But Was Faar Wadaad Exclusive To Somaliweyn Or Just Somaliland
:damedamn:

BTW A New Word Just Came To Me It Is For The Word Alien Let's Call It Diirka
You Know Dad Iyo Cirka = People From The Skies
:ehh::hemad:

Most of y'all ciyaal mataalo can't even speak or write proper Af Somaali and don't know much about Somali culture, yet you here every day on a crusade fighting this carab influence , trying to purify the language and the dhaqan ,
what's with this obsession?

839ce6a58e0c8a51b5e832e6e1f21c04.gif

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
But Was Faar Wadaad Exclusive To Somaliweyn Or Just Somaliland
:damedamn:

BTW A New Word Just Came To Me It Is For The Word Alien Let's Call It Diirka
You Know Dad Iyo Cirka = People From The Skies
:ehh::hemad:

It was all over the place, as far as I know. Arabic was the writing system of all literate Somalis, north and south. And using it for Somali was never truly standardized. People in different regions just did it in different ways.

It was all over the place, as far as I know. Arabic was the writing system of all literate Somalis, north and south. And using it for Somali was never truly standardized. People in different regions just did it in different ways.
Okej But What Do You Think About The Other Suggestions The Dance And The Words
:birdman::russsmug::ufdup:

I support you, brother. Send me videos of the dances. We will disseminate them together starting with Bosaso.
YES North To South, You Agree Af Somali Need New Words Tho I Mean The Ladies Don't Have A Word For Husband To Us They Can't Call Us Wadaad I Would Feel So Old
:pachah1::pachah1::mjlol::mjlaugh:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Yeah, they supported us with cheap petrol and co-financed a petrol refinery in Xamar so that we could save more money.

I think there was an issue in the 1980's cos the Kacaan sold the refined petrol for a massive profit to South Africa which pissed off the Arab League as Sth Africa was under sanctions.
To south Africa, naclaa :hova:

Can you give some sources? :feedme:

I agree with this. The issue is the from the government and clan elders. They both have a vested interest in keeping up the Arab identity lie.

I don't personally hate Arabs, and never had an issue with em growing up. But we do need a specific and clear identity that's specifically Somali.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
To south Africa, naclaa :hova:

Can you give some sources? :feedme:

I know there a quite a few sources but on short notice I can attach this excerpt from the book titled "Safiirka" which is written by a former US ambassador to Somalia which has very good anecdotes about Somali governance and actions during the Kacaan.

Regarding the South Africa oil incident:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 2.15.27 pm.png

Regarding the oil refinery co-funded by the Arab OPEC nations:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 2.17.23 pm.png

Also the narrative that Arabs brought nothing but trouble is kind of a self-defeating argument.

Somalia would have been colonised until 1990 and probably similar to Djibouti but with a larger European population had it not been for Egpyt advocating for our independence and throwing money at the SYL. If were not for them, this forum would be in Italian.

Throughout the Kacaan years, the Arab nations subsidised our petrol prices and co-financed a refinery so that the we would save on petroleum costs. As Somalia predominantly relied on petrol for electricity generation, their friendly measures essentially powered the country for a generation.

Feel free to criticise Arabs today but Somalis dismissing the impact of Arab nations on our country's existence is in extremely bad taste.
Dad waligooda carab ladhaqmin mise taarikh soomali wax ka garaaneenin, oo cuqdad iskaaga buuxdo ayaa meesha ku badan sxb.

What aspects of our culture have been arabized🧐 gabay? Maanso? Butaanbur? Jaandheer? Dhaanto? Etc? We have our own language although written in latin, our own land, our own constitution, we dont fight for them as the sudanese or eritreans. So how have we become arabized.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Before independence, Somali was written in the Arabic script and any body who finished school was fluent in Arabic. The most famous Somali history book written by a Somali (Futuh al Habash) is written in Arabic.

It was written by a Somali? I thought it was an Arab/Ottoman observer. Do we know anything about the author?

Trending