De-arabization of Somali culture and somalia

Somali culture needs to stop mimicking Arabs. We are not Arabs. Arabs thing low of us,which is ridiculous since we are better than them in every way. Arabs gave bought nothing but trouble to Somalia.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Arabisation is worse today, in fact Somalia is more Somalised today than its ever been. Somali culture has been Arabised from the time of Muhammad until independence.

Before independence, Somali was written in the Arabic script and any body who finished school was fluent in Arabic. The most famous Somali history book written by a Somali (Futuh al Habash) is written in Arabic.

Laakin Somalis today complain about arabisation when it was much worse for your grandparents.

:drakewtf:

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
VIP
the first thing we need to do is create formal attire for men. we men got nothing :snoop:
This isn't good enough?

DuZ7cNBW0AEGEOA.jpg

alien

📍outer space
VIP
This isn't good enough?

View attachment 195291
no. macawiis originates from south/ south east asian lungi/sarong that was adopted by coastal somalis. it was later recently adopted by geeljires/non southern coastal somalis. the word macawiis itself is a loanword from arabic. I don't really care that it was adopted, but this clothing is worn as pyjamas by the groups we adopted it from. that can't be considered formal attire

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Arabisation is worse today, in fact Somalia is more Somalised today than its ever been. Somali culture has been Arabised from the time of Muhammad until independence.

Before independence, Somali was written in the Arabic script and any body who finished school was fluent in Arabic. The most famous Somali history book written by a Somali (Futuh al Habash) is written in Arabic.

Laakin Somalis today complain about arabisation when it was much worse for your grandparents.

:drakewtf:
yeah. im very grateful that somali became a written language when it did. if somali didn't, we would be super arabised

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Also the narrative that Arabs brought nothing but trouble is kind of a self-defeating argument.

Somalia would have been colonised until 1990 and probably similar to Djibouti but with a larger European population had it not been for Egpyt advocating for our independence and throwing money at the SYL. If were not for them, this forum would be in Italian.

Throughout the Kacaan years, the Arab nations subsidised our petrol prices and co-financed a refinery so that the we would save on petroleum costs. As Somalia predominantly relied on petrol for electricity generation, their friendly measures essentially powered the country for a generation.

Feel free to criticise Arabs today but Somalis dismissing the impact of Arab nations on our country's existence is in extremely bad taste.

Arabs have better music than Somalis, I hate to say it :manny:

Somali written in Arabic script looks better than Somali written in Latin script! We need to bring back Arabic script Somali

We need to copy what they have that is good and add a Somali twist to it.

reer

VIP
yeah. im very grateful that somali became a written language when it did. if somali didn't, we would be super arabised
somalis were too stubborn and arrogant to be arabized. somalis even de-arabized the arabs who settled with us. lmao. arabic was diplomacy and education for somalis.
persian and arabic were the main intellectual languages in the middle east north africa and south asia.

Also the narrative that Arabs brought nothing but trouble is kind of a self-defeating argument.

Somalia would have been colonised until 1990 and probably similar to Djibouti in terms of culture had it not been for Egpyt advocating for our independence and throwing money at the SYL.

Throughout the Kacaan years, the Arab nations subsidised our petrol prices and co-financed a refinery so that the we would save on petroleum costs. As Somalia predominantly relied on petrol for electricity generation, their friendly measures essentially powered the country for a generation.

Feel free to criticise Arabs today but Somalis dismissing the impact of Arab nations on our country's existence is in extremely bad taste.
Warya I don't give a sheed. Arabs are cursed mfs,look what wahabi Islam from them has done to Somalia. Also Somalia helped their goat f****** a****,so we don't owe them anything.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
somalis were too stubborn and arrogant to be arabized. somalis even de-arabized the arabs who settled with us. lmao. arabic was diplomacy and education for somalis.
persian and arabic were the main intellectual languages in the middle east north africa and south asia.
I would say its more to do with the fact the majority of us are nomads (hard to create a language shift) and our strong assimilation culture. look at all these settlers in the southern coastal cities. some get only 30% somali yet they speak somali

reer

VIP
no. its cheaper to keep the Latin script. its expensive to implement a whole new script.
fock you i dont wanna use the script of those fought my great grand father brutalized my awoowe and aabo and now fock up my land. nacala colonizer ku yaal. fock you colonizer lovers.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Who cares it's more aesthetically pleasing to look at than the current Latin script.
fock you i dont wanna use the script of those fought my great grand father brutalized my awoowe and aabo and now fock up my land. nacala colonizer ku yaal.
how are you going to change all the books, everything to arabic. its easier to learn more influential languages with your country knowing how to read the Latin script. only a few languages use the Arabic script, whereas the Latin script is used in a lot of countries. English is a more influential and better language to learn in this world than Arabic

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Warya I don't give a sheed. Arabs are cursed mfs,look what wahabi Islam from them has done to Somalia. Also Somalia helped their goat f****** a****,so we don't owe them anything.

Wahabbi Islam is a fringe concept of Islam from Saudi Arabia, one of over 20 Arab countries.

For every Wahabbi Arab country there is literally over 20 non-Wahabbist Arab countries

Feel free to criticise Arab people or a specific country but diminishing their efforts in Somalia only makes us look bad. As for Somalia's assistance to the Arab world, it pales in comparison to Egypt securing our independence and the Arab OPEC countries willing making a massive loss on oil exports to Somalia.

Furthermore, calling people goatf*ckers or n*ggers or ch*nks are all racial epithets that are extremely haram. You can criticise people or even hate their government but resorting to racial epithets (even if they use them) is not a commendable or nationalistic act, it's racist.

Trending