De-arabization of Somali culture and somalia

Wahabbi Islam is a fringe concept of Islam from Saudi Arabia, one of over 20 Arab countries.

For every Wahabbi Arab country there is literally over 20 non-Wahabbist Arab countries

Feel free to criticise Arab people or a specific country but diminishing their efforts in Somalia only makes us look bad. As for Somalia's assistance to the Arab world, it pales in comparison to Egypt securing our independence and the Arab OPEC countries willing making a massive loss on oil exports to Somalia.
You in bed with them Arabs right?
giphy.gif

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You in bed with them Arabs right?
giphy.gif

No, if you look at my posts on this forum I call out racism against anybody and I provide an unbiased overview of recent Somali history.

You can criticise Arabs like any body else, you can call them racist or whatever you want.

But you're willing making an ahistoric narrative based on cuqdad and not any substantiated fact.

reer

VIP
how are you going to change all the books, everything to arabic. its easier to learn more influential languages with your country knowing how to read the Latin script. only a few languages use the Arabic script, whereas the Latin script is used in a lot of countries. English is a more influential and better language to learn in this world than Arabic

somalis are insular and should be. fock the world.
Wahabbi Islam is a fringe concept of Islam from Saudi Arabia, one of over 20 Arab countries.

For every Wahabbi Arab country there is over 20 non-Wahabbist Arab country.

Feel free to criticise Arab people or a specific country but diminishing their efforts in Somalia only makes us look bad. As for Somalia's assitance to the Arab world, it pales in comparison to Egypt securing our independence and the Arab OPEC countries willing making a massive loss on oil exports to Somalia.
imagine if we werent part of the arab league. thousands of xalimos working as maids for 3 decades. khaliji diaspora would have the same status as xabashis. in the civil war the arab league was quite hands off. the arab league is nowhere near as destructive to us than the african union. dont forget arabnimo access to education.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
imagine if we werent part of the arab league. thousands of xalimos working as maids for 3 decades. khaliji diaspora would have the same status as xabashis. in the civil war the arab league was quite hands off. the arab league is nowhere near as destructive to us than the african union. dont forget arabnimo access to education.
the only time I will support Somalia leaving the Arab league, is if we ever get to first world/developed status. although never going to happen...

the Arab league is super beneficial, even if we aren't Arab, who cares. the pros outweigh the con of being labelled as Arab
:kanyeshrug:

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
somalis are insular and should be. fock the world.

Low Caste na mean الذين يحتدمون حول هذا هم طبقة منخفضة. بني هاشم مجتمع مبارك

Also the narrative that Arabs brought nothing but trouble is kind of a self-defeating argument.

Somalia would have been colonised until 1990 and probably similar to Djibouti but with a larger European population had it not been for Egpyt advocating for our independence and throwing money at the SYL. If were not for them, this forum would be in Italian.

Throughout the Kacaan years, the Arab nations subsidised our petrol prices and co-financed a refinery so that the we would save on petroleum costs. As Somalia predominantly relied on petrol for electricity generation, their friendly measures essentially powered the country for a generation.

Feel free to criticise Arabs today but Somalis dismissing the impact of Arab nations on our country's existence is in extremely bad taste.
f*ck those sand nigs for that. if we were colonized til the 90s, somalia would look like dubai rn

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Arabisation is worse today, in fact Somalia is more Somalised today than its ever been. Somali culture has been Arabised from the time of Muhammad until independence.

Before independence, Somali was written in the Arabic script and any body who finished school was fluent in Arabic. The most famous Somali history book written by a Somali (Futuh al Habash) is written in Arabic.

Laakin Somalis today complain about arabisation when it was much worse for your grandparents.

:drakewtf:

Shihab, the author of that book, was Yemeni. But your point still stands that Arabic was the written language of literate Somalis for about a thousand years.

alien

📍outer space
VIP

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Also the narrative that Arabs brought nothing but trouble is kind of a self-defeating argument.

Somalia would have been colonised until 1990 and probably similar to Djibouti but with a larger European population had it not been for Egpyt advocating for our independence and throwing money at the SYL. If were not for them, this forum would be in Italian.

Throughout the Kacaan years, the Arab nations subsidised our petrol prices and co-financed a refinery so that the we would save on petroleum costs. As Somalia predominantly relied on petrol for electricity generation, their friendly measures essentially powered the country for a generation.

Feel free to criticise Arabs today but Somalis dismissing the impact of Arab nations on our country's existence is in extremely bad taste.
First I hear about them supporting us with petrol, was that after 77 ?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Was pretty surprised as a kid when my parents told me that Somalis can't be legally hired as housekeepers in the UAE. Somali families do it but they lie and pass the girl off to the government as a relative staying with them under their visa like a niece but non-Somalis can't really do that so our girls wouldn't suffer the horrific maid experience like Xabashi women.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
First I hear about them supporting us with petrol, was that after 77 ?

Yeah, they supported us with cheap petrol and co-financed a petrol refinery in Xamar so that we could save more money.

I think there was an issue in the 1980's cos the Kacaan sold the refined petrol for a massive profit to South Africa which pissed off the Arab League as Sth Africa was under sanctions.

Trending