Dark skinned Somali women are the ones who marry cadaan men!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
It is mostly dark skin boys and girls marrying out but I've seen light skin ones do it too. Somalis have major insecurities. They just want light skin mixed kids. They're putting their insecurities on their children. If your child is light maxaa ka galay, how would that help you? :what1::what1:

Its also mostly darods and a few isaaqs marrying out. You hardly see a hawiye do it. Alhamdulilah we don't suffer from inferiority complex or insecurities.

Alhamdulilah

:sheed: :sheed: :sheed:

Odeg

Gedo
Nah, no correlation to skin tone that I've noticed irl, it's mixed.

Edit: Still, light Somalis r the minority within the community. People will call u names by ur lightness like "lightey"! I've never heard someone be called "darkey!" or whatever even though it's more prevalent. Not even sure what the word for that would be, what "madow"? lmao.
Never heard about the name madoobe?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
My parents are lighter than average, esp my mom, but as if to make up for it one of my brothers is pretty dark considering, and some of us are lighter. That's why I don't get this homogeneous thing, I swear there's too many differences within single families, none of us look like each other at all lol.

My family works about the same. Dad dark as a chalkboard, mom is about as light as most Arabs are. My sister and I fall on the darker side of the spectrum but my bro is light skin.

It's an oddity I rarely see in other ethnic groups tbh you do have a point.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Nope, it can't be common? I've heard addey (lighty) plenty of times.
Madoobe is a nickname some guys are given, 'Cadeey' is strictly for the females though.

If you've heard a guy be called 'Cadeey' that's some sus shit.
:deadmanny:

VixR

Veritas
Madoobe is a nickname some guys are given, 'Cadeey' is strictly for the females though.

If you've heard a guy be called 'Cadeey' that's some sus shit.
Somalis don't make fun of light guys like African Americans. It's a positive trait. There's a male version, I swear. Or they just say that guy is add (light) and khurux (handsome).

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I think Cadde and Caddey is more common but madoobe is not that uncommon.

Yeah. Caddey and every other derivative of the word is more or less the Somali equivalent to white parents saying "sweetheart"

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Somalis don't make fun of light guys like African Americans. It's a positive trait. There's a male version, I swear. Or they just say that guy is add (light) and khurux (handsome).
@Odeg got the male version but still, that's something your mom would call you other than that I don't know

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Because light skin is pretty prevalent in our society and we don't have a history of being looked down upon by another race because of our skin.

So tbh it's equally embarrassing to have it be a positive trait of any kind. We shouldn't have that attitude at all.

My parents are lighter than average, esp my mom, but as if to make up for it one of my brothers is pretty dark considering, and some of us are lighter. That's why I don't get this homogeneous thing, I swear there's too many differences within single families, none of us look like each other at all lol.
We're still homogeneous:drakewtf:

I could spot a Somali like I can spot the booty from a distance

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I wonder how many other African people can spot their own with no issues. Senegalese people I'm finding have a distinctive look. South Sudanese as well.

Because there definitely is a specific somali look. You got fuckers like me that have like one outlier of a feature but even with it most can tell who I am.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I had a Chinese person ask me why somalis look alike once

:dead:

We don't doe. It's just that every single mashup of our features is unique only to us. It exists in spades elsewhere but to have all of that attributed to dark skin and a tall slender frame, it's impossible to mistake us.

I think that's mostly what's going on.

I can even spot kids mixed with Somali :dead:

Isn't that hard though saw an cadaan man with two children today, both with light-bronze skin and brown wavy hair. Easiest guess of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending