Damn it pre civil war Xamar was where it is at.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
B8F572A4-2358-40D8-BFD8-77656504E13A.jpeg

The pre-civil war had identity it was different from the rest of the world. The mixes of native Somali, Arab, Persian, Indian, Italian/British/French and Swahili architectural styles. Formed a unique building style which echoed somali history through the walls.

The second video looks impressing to the uneducated and uncultured fob. Its a shallow metropolis which could be placed in any part of the world and fit in. It resembles no culture or people. Its only goal is to be an tool of financial means. The vestige of any heritage is scarce.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
View attachment 263059
The pre-civil war had identity it was different from the rest of the world. The mixes of native Somali, Arab, Persian, Indian, Italian/British/French and Swahili architectural styles. Formed a unique building style which echoed somali history through the walls.

The second video looks impressing to the uneducated and uncultured fob. Its a shallow metropolis which could be placed in any part of the world and fit in. It resembles no culture or people. Its only goal is to be an tool of financial means. The vestige of any heritage is scarce.
We should bring back this kind of style with a national revival. Taking the best of Italian, Swahili, Arab and Indian architecture and melting it all into one new style.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
We should bring back this kind of style with a national revival. Taking the best of Italian, Swahili, Arab and Indian architecture and melting it all into one new style.
I agree but not new we have everything we need just need to go back to find it.

Somali Saayid

VIP
w we have everything we need just need to go back to find it
We should allow Somalis majoring in architecture n historians to work together to recreate these buildings.
I've always looked at big cities like Mogadishu and Kismayo.
You see three types of homes

1. Those ugly repetitive gates houses

2. The House made of Tin and whatever cheap material they could cooble together

3. The Houses built in rotting areas were there are holes filled with mud and filthy water, pain peeling etc etc.

If I were president I would set up a housing authority to work to fix numbers 3s. DESTROY and rebuild number 2s with sustainable and eye pleasing materials during this we would plant piping and water systems as to ensure water security. Number 1s, would be last and would be renovated but the tenets and the government would give a monetary incentive. We would also set up a government owned company to do the work

Internet Nomad

VIP
We should allow Somalis majoring in architecture n historians to work together to recreate these buildings.
I've always looked at big cities like Mogadishu and Kismayo.
You see three types of homes

1. Those ugly repetitive gates houses

2. The House made of Tin and whatever cheap material they could cooble together

3. The Houses built in rotting areas were there are holes filled with mud and filthy water, pain peeling etc etc.

If I were president I would set up a housing authority to work to fix numbers 3s. DESTROY and rebuild number 2s with sustainable and eye pleasing materials during this we would plant piping and water systems as to ensure water security. Number 1s, would be last and would be renovated but the tenets and the government would give a monetary incentive. We would also set up a government owned company to do the work
If you ever want to see some hopefuel on african architecture you should go through @omar_degan twitter account . They guy knows what he is talking about.
Inshallah if anyone one of us become ruler of somalia one day i would hire him to design the whole capitol.

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
If you ever want to see some hopefuel on african architecture you should go through @omar_degan twitter account . They guy knows what he is talking about.
Inshallah if anyone one of us become ruler of somalia one day i would hire him to design the whole capitol.
I follow this guy I love his feed

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
We need to renovate the all the cities in somalia using local parts and educated somali architects. Insha'Allah it will be done

@DR OSMAN @Somali Ugaas I will admit Jalle Siyaad really made Xamar beautiful, he expanded on what the Italians built, no wonder people from all over the world called it Pearl of the Indian Ocean. Every Somali from everywhere invested in our beautiful capital

Somali Saayid

VIP
@DR OSMAN @Somali Ugaas I will admit Jalle Siyaad really made Xamar beautiful, he expanded on what the Italians built, no wonder people from all over the world called it Pearl of the Indian Ocean. Every Somali from everywhere invested in our beautiful capital

All of this destroyed by power hungry warlords and people who came from baadiyo who had never seen a city as beautiful as Xamar.
We went from that to this;

206EEE48-1737-4C18-98E1-9FA2816A1024.jpeg

Whenever I see footage of Xamar pre-90s, I turn into a state of dismay and become dishearten over how we allowed the most beautiful and developed Somali city deteriorate and effectively into ruin. Like why?!?!! The least we could do was to keep our 'political differences' out of the city:liberaltears:

Last edited:
Whenever I see footage of Xamar pre-90s, I turn into a state of dismay and become dishearten over we allowed the most beautiful and developed Somali city deteriorate and effectively into ruin. Like why?!?!! The least we could do was keep our 'political differences' out of the city:liberaltears:
me too, it's very depressing. They should've fought outside the city

What's worse is how haven't fully learned from our past misstakes. This doesn't apply solely to Xamar either. Every now and then do you see the moment we disagree with each other, irrespective of whether it's a magaalo or a tuulo, everyone one and their clan are armed to the teeth, and the showdown begins. Very unfortunate state of affairs.

Last edited:

Somali Saayid

VIP
They still would've fought after Barre's ouster between Aideed n Mahdi. The looting and all the horrible things would've still went on.
Sick sick people

Trending

Latest posts