Could this be the future of Somalis in the diaspora?

psyche

To each their own
How do you account for all Somali males? How do you see yourself and your male Somali relatives? It is one thing to judge others based on what you know and totally another to make sweeping generalizations about millions of individuals.

Truth is, no one who matters cares about who marries what. Somalis back home are thriving and marrying each other. This will ensure Somalis continue into existence with God's permission. The somalis in the west can marry whoever they want. They matter less to Somalia and Somalis in general.

Just don't insult Somalis in general and make sweeping indictment on them. You don't know all of them and you shouldn't justify your choices because of Somalis. It is your decision.

This is one problem Somalis online have. If they are atheists, that is their problem. They blame Islam and Somalis for their lack of faith and beliefs. If they are alcoholics and drug addicts, they blame their parents forgetting their dad and mom are not the ones buying the beer and drugs for them. If they are gangbangers and end up in jail, same, no personal responsibility, just loads of blame for Somalis. A woman s herself then blames Somali men for her dom. Where is the end to this fuckery?

Bottom line: NO BODY GIVES A f*ck about the choices Somalis make for themselves in the west. I personally wouldn't care if they all died and became extinct in the west. MOST OF THEM ARE OF NO VALUE TO SOMALIA. I care about the ones back home.

Somalis in Somalia are still killing themselves over stupid shit like qabils so I beg to differ.

Dr @Baki

Brother @Schematics is a reasonable, respectful and tolerant man, but sideey @Basra cajarkeeda weeyn u saartey bidaartiisa, he veered from that path. Eeddo @Basra odeyga cajarka ka qaad.

Jokes aside, we moved on from an era where young Somalis and in particular girls mostly married former convicts or converts with little education and today, they are marrying professional (uni graduates) "foreigners". It is in our best interests to welcome their children into the Somali communities. Other African countries like Ghana and Nigeria are accepting and welcoming these people who have excelled in their given field be soccer players, scientists, business people and other highly educated professionals. We should at-least dim it this fake pride. It got us no-where.

Dr @Baki

Brother @Schematics is a reasonable, respectful and tolerant man, but sideey @Basra cajarkeeda weeyn u saartey bidaartiisa, he veered from that path. Eeddo @Basra odeyga cajarka ka qaad.

Jokes aside, we moved on from an era where young Somalis and in particular girls mostly married former convicts or converts with little education and today, they are marrying professional (uni graduates) "foreigners". It is in our best interests to welcome their children into the Somali communities. Other African countries like Ghana and Nigeria are accepting and welcoming these people who have excelled in their given field be soccer players, scientists, business people and other highly educated professionals. We should at-least dim it this fake pride. It got us no-where.

Objecting to marriage based on race is not rational to begin with. Those who meet people they like and want to pursue life with them, that is their choice. An issue would arise if:

- These Somalis who married outside advocate for similar choice be made by other Somalis and argue by saying Somalis have something to lose marrying another Somali. This is objectionable for plethora of reasons. The least offending aspect to that position is, being Somali to these advocates is not good enough and to gain self respect, marry a non-Somali. You see then why most of us are condescending to them..

- Most advocates of foreign marriages are people who loathe themselves as Somalis. Not all of them but significant number of them are that way. And Because of that character flaw, Somalis object to them as good examples for other Somalis. We warn others not to be like them for a good reason.

Somalis in the west can marry who they please. They should understand that is their personal choice and not a choice majority of Somalis want to make. So let them keep it personal. We have nothing to do with their choice.

Choices are personal, Somalis who choose different should stop bothering Somali society in general. That is the beef saxib.

Historically, Somalis accepted the marriage of others closer to them regionally and ethnically. Somali yememinis and somali Eritreans are prime example. If someone was Muslim, Somalis turned a blind eye to their ethnic difference in Somalia. Human beings are comfortable with familiarity saxib. Somalis are no exception.

Here is a saying somalis have about marriage:

Waxaad taqaan guurso, wax layaqaan hakuu dhaleene
Marry someone you know, so they give birth to kids you know.

Last edited:
@Schematics

Ina adeer, you are a master of massaging an issue claiming that there was never a thing wrong in Somalis marrying "outsiders" in our history and then inserting this quote;

"Waxaad taqaan guurso, wax layaqaan hakuu dhaleene
Marry someone you know, so they give birth to kids you know."

This proverb was intended towards marrying from your own clan and was meant to denigrate marrying from other clans especially one that is a rival of your clan or the other "lowly" clans and in particular from the madhibaan clan. Sxb, from all my male ancestors only one married a female from a different sub clan. It might work with an old bloke like @Crow and marry a girl from a 'genuine\ real North-Mudug girl, but it wouldn't work on most of young Somalis unless their wedding was arranged by their parents.

The Somalis in the Western countries are in a different kettle. Those who marry "others" are well educated and marry via reason and passion. You have the exceptional ones like sister (name deleted) who wants a Samaroon guy to be shackled for seven years to wait for her. That is crazy. Just saying. @sophisticate no pun dear. Sorry, I couldn't respond to that thread because it is worse than BDSM.

@Schematics

Ina adeer, you are a master of massaging an issue claiming that there was never a thing wrong in Somalis marrying "outsiders" in our history and then inserting this quote;

This proverb was intended towards marrying from your own clan and was meant to denigrate marrying from other clans especially one is a rival with your clan or other "lowly" clans and in particular from the madhibaan clan. Sxb, from all my male ancestors only one married a female from a different sub clan. It might work with an old bloke like @Crow and marry a girl from the genuine real mudug, but it wouldn't work on most of young Somalis unless their wedding was arranged by their parents.

The Somalis in the Western countries are in a different kettle. Those who marry "others" are well educated and marry via reason and passion. You have the exceptional ones like sister (name deleted) who wants a Samaroon guy to be shackled for seven years to wait for her. That is crazy. Just saying. @sophisticate no pun dear. Sorry, I couldn't respond to that thread because it is worse than BDSM.

I had outsiders in mind when I used that Somali saying.

To me, Somalis are one clan and lineage variations among them do not exist. Their numbers grew and they split into families long ago. Science proves it, their similar looks on average prove that. Somalis recognize another Somali in the street for that reason. Unless you hear a Somali speak, you can not guess what clan they belong to. Even after they speak, many clans share similar regional dialect/accent and you can still be wrong in the guessing game.

Finally, I generally view a Somali clanist to be ignorant(reer baadiye in a city) or a hypocrite. The ignorant I excuse them because they don't know any better. Most of them are first time city residents trying to do good. I can ignore their clan baggage. The hypocrites, I piss on them and show nothing but disdain towards them. Nothing but my foot in their mouth.

Dr @Baki

Reer @AussieHustler i'm just pushing buttons to see what makes people tick, he's got a stench a certain aroma/air of hubris about him he will fit in perfectly in this forum.

And please never call me Dr.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@Schematics

This proverb was intended towards marrying from your own clan and was meant to denigrate marrying from other clans especially one is a rival with your clan or other "lowly" clans and in particular from the madhibaan clan. Sxb, from all my male ancestors only one married a female from a different sub clan. It might work with an old bloke like @Crow and marry a girl from the genuine real mudug, but it wouldn't work on most of young Somalis unless their wedding was arranged by their parents.

:yacadiim:It takes seven years to truly know the rhymes of a woman's body. I'm keeping it interesting with no access granted.

Obviously only tolka can be emotionally blackmailed to fall for such a proposal of a 7-year famine.

Nothing a Samaroon brother wouldn't do for deferred gratification from a monk-temptress-erudite sister.

@Southerner gather the men. I may choose up.

Trending