Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Abiy Ahmed seen with his troops in Afar region where the militia and ENDF launched an offensive to push back TDF forces rom taking the strategic Djbouti-Addis Ababa route

Abiy Ahmed seen with his troops in Afar region where the militia and ENDF launched an offensive to push back TDF forces rom taking the strategic Djbouti-Addis Ababa route

I'm wondering what this will actually achieve, are they really capable of pushing back the TDF?

A lot of Afar are mad cause they are saying abiy's army didn't even fight the tplf in afar, it was all afar warriors fighting to repel the tdf attack. abiy taking credit for their fighting, lol which is very typical.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Days sine Mekelle was taken by TDF: 151 days
Distance from Mekelle to Debre Sina: 583 kilometers
Kilometers gained per day by TDF: 3.9 kilometers

Distance from Debre Sina to Addis: 189 kilometers
How many days until TDF reach Addis: 49 days

I predict TDF will take Addis by January 15.

To be precise by summer next year.

Add additional few months probably spring next year.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP

You're not factoring supply lines being much longer for the Tigrayans, the fact that resistance has stiffened as the Tigrayans have entered a hostile region, shorter distance from ENDF airfields/drone bases to the frontlines allowing for more strikes etc

Push that date back @Sheikh Kulkuli is giving a more reasonable estimate but I agree it will likely fall

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

The final march is always longer, as history shows, due to a lot of factors in logistics and supplies, and being in enemy territory = more setbacks and resistance. Would say around September next year at the latest they will enter Addis, including the battle that occurs there as well.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
To be precise by summer next year.

Add additional few months probably spring next year.

I am thinking that until 50 km outside Addis resistance will be much stiffer than before, and that within 50km of Addis resistance will totally collapse. So it will get harder from here but the last 50 km to Addis may fall in 2 days.

Sort of like what happened in Kabul.

https://mena-monitor.org/الجيش-السوداني-يكشف-عن-خسائر-بشرية-تعر/

2-3-780x432.png

بيان الجيش السوداني أضاف: “قواتنا تصدت للهجوم بكل بسالة وكبدتهم خسائر كبيرة في الأرواح والمعدات واحتسبت القوات المسلحة (السودانية) عددا من الشهداء وستظل تحمي الوطن وتدافع عن أراضيه”.

The Sudanese army repelled the attack and inflicted heavy casualities on the Ethiopians.

Sudan also took control of further territories within the smaller Fashaqa region. No official comment from the Sudanese army on our losses yet.

https://mena-monitor.org/الجيش-السوداني-يكشف-عن-خسائر-بشرية-تعر/

2-3-780x432.png

بيان الجيش السوداني أضاف: “قواتنا تصدت للهجوم بكل بسالة وكبدتهم خسائر كبيرة في الأرواح والمعدات واحتسبت القوات المسلحة (السودانية) عددا من الشهداء وستظل تحمي الوطن وتدافع عن أراضيه”.

The Sudanese army repelled the attack and inflicted heavy casualities on the Ethiopians.

Sudan also took control of further territories within the smaller Fashaqa region. No official comment from the Sudanese army on our losses yet.
Sudan should start arming Tigre and other Eritrean opposition groups.

They could arm the Oromo's and the Gumuz, if they were smart, they would. In exchange, we recognize the disputed lands between them and Amhara's, as being Sudanese lands.

Sudan already gained back 90% of Al Fashaqa which was occupied by Ethiopia when Sudan was in a civil war in the 90s.

However, if these surprise attacks continue then I would defo like to arm both Tigray and Oromo and anyone else who hated Abiy 😂😂

Sudan already gained back 90% of Al Fashaqa which was occupied by Ethiopia when Sudan was in a civil war in the 90s.

However, if these surprise attacks continue then I would defo like to arm both Tigray and Oromo and anyone else who hated Abiy 😂😂

but of course, the war in ethio, made it easier for sudan to do so, no?
and of course, sudan and tplf had a good relationship, so sudan may have not seen it as being worth the conflict?
lol yeah man, oromo as far as I know, do not have border disputes with sudan.

but of course, the war in ethio, made it easier for sudan to do so, no?
and of course, sudan and tplf had a good relationship, so sudan may have not seen it as being worth the conflict?
lol yeah man, oromo as far as I know, do not have border disputes with sudan.

So what do most Oromos actually want, to have an Oromo version of Meles Zenawi, to make Ethiopia a Greater Oromia the same way Amhara imperialists think Ethiopia is Greater Amhara or to make Oromia secede and become a separate country?

So what do most Oromos actually want, to have an Oromo version of Meles Zenawi, to make Ethiopia a Greater Oromia the same way Amhara imperialists think Ethiopia is Greater Amhara or to make Oromia secede and become a separate country?

We have our differing views and opinions, but the minimum is Oromia being governed by an Oromo party that puts its peoples interests first-a strong Oromo party, with a strong Oromo defense force, etc. A looser, confederation of states would be more beneficial if you ask me.

Trending

Latest posts