Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

They might take that hypothetical secession deal after surviving this genocide and they clearly see they have no path to AddisAbaba

CaruusaQoti hate Abiy regime even though they appear to be docile while WesternQoti are allegedly supporting OLA rebels. Gambella are as irrelevant as kililka5aad when it comes to AddisAbaba power. About Gambella, there is no such ethnicity. Are you talking about Anuak JaLuo I think the same ethnicity as Odinga, or the Nuer, who I think care more about the situation between the SouthSudan situation Saalfa Kiir and Riyaak Mashaar either way I think we know little about Gambella

Did I mention many Qoti hate on Abiy because they perceive Abiy to be supporting Axmaar agenda

Sheikh Kulkuli is correct on this one TPLF will never dare even to formally request for independence. They are bluffing for over 45 years but never dared to actually succeed from Ethiopia. And if they formally request, they know the federal parliament will approve it in a blink of an eye. So don't expect Tigray to succeed as long as TPLF is on the helm but if some extremists become powerful then they may be emotional and go for it but this is even highly unlikely.

Oromo nation is backing Abby except a few OLF rebels so are Gambella and Amhara. Who needs Tigray they must pay for their crimes.
Warya sit down you have no experience both in Somalia and Ethiopia politics.
I take your marexan qabil as serious as I would take Gurage when they talk about politics.

These are TDF fighters who are "liberating" Mekele and other cities.
This is the joke of the century
:drakelaugh:

So why did ENDF withdraw from an Ethiopian region the Abye govt spent millions of Birr to capture?
Ttigray is not like some foreign country Ethiopia invaded.

The only reasonable explanation is defeat.
Abye didnt guve a damn about International community for months so why now when he lost the election in Amhara region and Addis Ababa.

Although I am not a fan of either side, the TPLF or Abiy & his allies- the fact is, this is a strategic move, knowing that, the ethio army and their allies cannot sustain such a war for long. Eventuall they'd have to face defeat: The tigrayan forces enjoy popular support and are fighting in/on their lands, so it's pretty much pointless to have a long drawn out war with them. Abiy may just let them fend for themselves- no internet, no power, no water, etc coming from the fed govt as before, no salaries paid, no federal budget of $8 billion birr, and let them survive on their own work, their own resources, while surrounded on all sides by hostile parties who most likely wouldn't let them import anything other than aid, or export anything to generate revenue.

This also gives abiy more time to recruit more, train more, etc, so time shall tell.

They should've zip it.

Mekelle is the commercial & population center of Tigray it is very much in the center of the conflict.

How do you capture a major urban center, announce the end of "major operations" and than bail out 8 months later?

Maybe there is something going on in Oromia or Amhara regions.

Abaq

VIP
Seems to me that Abiy retreated to focus his forces on more immediate threats to his rule: conflict in Oromia. Tigray is far from Addis but Oromia surrounds Addis on all sides. It makes no sense to focus on Tigray while Addis is under threat.

Welkait, Humera and Raya are actually Amhara land that was annexed to tigray by TPLF because of their dry locust infested country. They forcefully displaced Amharas from welkait and those who stayed faced extreme suffering. Amharas and other non tigrayans had to pay more for same object etc. They even stole afar land.

The river that pass from Amhara to Sudan is the natural boundary between amharas and tigrayans. These are maps prior to the 1991 tplf government
IMG_20210629_150654.jpg
the
Ethiopia_Map-1850 (1).jpg
Ethiopia_MapAD1400s_01_max.jpg
Ethiopia_Map-1850 (1).jpg
IMG_20210629_150654.jpg

Although I am not a fan of either side, the TPLF or Abiy & his allies- the fact is, this is a strategic move, knowing that, the ethio army and their allies cannot sustain such a war for long. Eventuall they'd have to face defeat: The tigrayan forces enjoy popular support and are fighting in/on their lands, so it's pretty much pointless to have a long drawn out war with them. Abiy may just let them fend for themselves- no internet, no power, no water, etc coming from the fed govt as before, no salaries paid, no federal budget of $8 billion birr, and let them survive on their own work, their own resources, while surrounded on all sides by hostile parties who most likely wouldn't let them import anything other than aid, or export anything to generate revenue.

This also gives abiy more time to recruit more, train more, etc, so time shall tell.
So now you are pro abye who is doing the same to Oromos.

I never seen a dumb oromo like you.

Welkait, Humera and Raya are actually Amhara land that was annexed to tigray by TPLF because of their dry locust infested country. They forcefully displaced Amharas from welkait and those who stayed faced extreme suffering. Amharas and other non tigrayans had to pay more for same object etc. They even stole afar land.

The river that pass from Amhara to Sudan is the natural boundary between amharas and tigrayans. These are maps prior to the 1991 tplf government View attachment 190947 theView attachment 190946View attachment 190945View attachment 190946View attachment 190947
@xabashi stop using a different username.

The war in Tigray will continue dont think it will stop now prepare body bags for your peasants agames are comming.

They should've zip it.

Mekelle is the commercial & population center of Tigray it is very much in the center of the conflict.

How do you capture a major urban center, announce the end of "major operations" and than bail out 8 months later?

Maybe there is something going on in Oromia or Amhara regions.
Naah nothing going on Tigrayans have been fighting all months and did cut logistic supplies and bog down both Eritrean and ENDF.

Seems to me that Abiy retreated to focus his forces on more immediate threats to his rule: conflict in Oromia. Tigray is far from Addis but Oromia surrounds Addis on all sides. It makes no sense to focus on Tigray while Addis is under threat.

yes indeed, slowly but surely, the OLA/Oromo Army is gaining power.

So now you are pro abye who is doing the same to Oromos.

I never seen a dumb oromo like you.

You didn't read what I posted, because if you did, you would've saw where I said that I wasn't a supporter of either side- but that doesn't mean that, I cannot see the writing on the wall, or say the truth, whether it be for me, or against me. I know that, those are hard concepts to grasp for you, my angry ogadeni friend, but try to understand; I am sure if you try, with an open mind, that you can do it! :)

OLA is useless imagine they couldnt exploit the opportunity present when most of ENDF was in Tigray.

Do you think you could now when most ENDF is in Oromia .

You act as if they are operating in a small land, and as if there aren't still endf stationed there, along with some eritrean units?
oromia is much bigger than tigray, it's not easy operating over such a large land.

You act as if they are operating in a small land, and as if there aren't still endf stationed there, along with some eritrean units?
oromia is much bigger than tigray, it's not easy operating over such a large land.
Regardless of small land oromo population is big its not like you have Tigray population in oromo lands.
Oromos are 10 times more than Tigray and can feild 10 times more miltia than Tigray.

You are in a geopolitical strategic position close to Addis Ababa and if you can fight strategically then you can defeat Abye and his amhara cronies that have humiliated and jailed most of the Oromo influential politicians.

Addis Ababa is surrounded by Oromia its easy for oromos to organise a guarile warfare that will incapacitate AByes military as well as force Addis Ababans to demonstrate by cutting off supply roots to Addis Ababa and making sure no electricity,food,water goes to Addis ababa and the fortress will fall.

Regardless of small land oromo population is big its not like you have Tigray population in oromo lands.
Oromos are 10 times more than Tigray and can feild 10 times more miltia than Tigray.

You are in a geopolitical strategic position close to Addis Ababa and if you can fight strategically then you can defeat Abye and his amhara cronies that have humiliated and jailed most of the Oromo influential politicians.

Addis Ababa is surrounded by Oromia its easy for oromos to organise a guarile warfare that will incapacitate AByes military as well as force Addis Ababans to demonstrate by cutting off supply roots to Addis Ababa and making sure no electricity,food,water goes to Addis ababa and the fortress will fall.

You are right, but it takes a lot more to do that, in oromia, than in tigray, because we also do not have the same access to arms, remember that tigrayans already had 250,000 loyally, trained militia members, they first dispersed during the beginning of the war, then came back together and regrouped and joined veterans of the tplf and recruited thousands of angry tigrayans.
meanwhile, our police forces are idle, or following abiy's orders, which is sad.
tigrayans, from militia men to regular civilians, united as one for their survival, no such thing exists in oromia because oromos, while they are oppressed, weren't put through what tigrayans were-they literally purged all tigrayans from the army, from the govt, from every where and thing,

but have hope- because today's OLA is stronger than ever and will only get stronger now, thousands of qeerroo flock to the forests these days!

Trending

Latest posts